Anderson has top 5 wins in 3 different weight classes

Readybodisready

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is one of the main points I use in goat discussions. Anderson(peace be upon him) has beaten:
-#1 Sakurai at 168lbs when he was an unknown novice(a truly remarkable win that is sadly forgotten in the man's legacy)
-obviously a ton of top 5 wins at mw
-#4 lhw Griffin in an unforgettable blitz.

Who can name another fighter who has ever done this? We can discuss the relevance and compare it to Anderson's(pbuh) wins who are all top notch.

It won't take long before this turns into a hate thread/GOAT discussion thread.

He got bigger, so it's irrelevant. It's not like he moved up and faced adversity. He was actually the bigger man in most of his fights. Even at 205, he was never greatly outsized, and he fought some of the biggest LHW's at the time. Plus he never fought elite competition there.

Let big Nog tell you:

He’s a big guy, man. He’s almost my size. He’s like 210 now and he’s all muscle so he won’t have a problem at 205. He’s very strong; he works a lot with the weights. He’s much stronger now than the first time I met him.

If anything, refusing to move up (cut less) in order to make 205 and fight elite competition cost him a few points in GOAT discussions.

Last edited:
In a division where Lutter was a top tier talent, it doesn't really matter how many top MW wins he achieved.

It won't take long before this turns into a hate thread/GOAT discussion thread.

I expect nothing less from the level of intellect displayed here daily. Either way it will be fun to watch haters squirm as I have presented facts here. Win-win for me.

It's impressive. His best win was Hnedrson who was coming off a loss, that's pretty bad.

No hate... alls I gots to say is Silva can be THE goat if he comes back and reclaims what he rightfully lost

Anderson is amazing. If you can't aknowledge that, then there's something seriously wrong with you. Don't care about the goat shit. Anderson Silva is fucking amazing, go watch his highlight reel and enjoy great performances.

Classic Claude response on the first page

Bj went the distance with someone who would become LHW champ and fight for the Mw strap but also won champions at 170 ,155 and fighting at 145 Bj's goat

Uhhh what?

Forrest, even as "champ", was never really a top five 205er. He should have lost to Rampage. Terrible decision.
One good win ~ a severely injured Shogun that FG was losing until a lucky victory.

Dan Hendo has more impressive wins imo.

Back