Anderson got dropped by Bisping on the feet

He got caught in a very bad position in the middle of a Bisping combo. No way in hell he gets dropped by The Count in his prime.

Exactly. The idea of Bisping beating Anderson or hurting him was laughable to put it mildly in his prime. He looked awful. It's a shame that he is ending his career like this.

I love how Andy fans claim Weidman Silva doesn't count, because Andy was clowning, but then claim Silva knocked out Bisping, in a fight Bisping won, because he knocked Bisping down while Mike was having a convo with the ref.
Seriously. Andy fans is such a dick.

I love this site. Michael won that fight. Y'all can try and hump the shit out of Spider's gammy leg, but Michael beat him.

Im a huge Anderson fan but he should of continued attacking after the knee, he had time to get a strike or two in there that would of put bisping away for good

I was shocked Anderson didn't throw more knees and kicks. I guess scared to injure that leg again. The only success he had really was with kicks. Before the knee in round 3 he threw 2 kicks and one other knee.

For me he looked old, but only because I think Bisping out boxed him in what was really almost a pure boxing match.

I agree, Silva is done but not really because of his reflects or talent but because he will no longer use his great assest, kick boxing.

The only success he had in the fight came in the form of knees and kicks.

GG Bisping
You forgot the teep at the end of round 5 which almost decapitated Bisping

I love how Andy fans claim Weidman Silva doesn't count, because Andy was clowning, but then claim Silva knocked out Bisping, in a fight Bisping won, because he knocked Bisping down while Mike was having a convo with the ref.

Let's be honest about what happened. Bisping got KO'd, but the end of the round saved his ass. He was not ok for most of the break between rounds and had that "knockdown" occured with even 5 seconds left on the clock it would have been the end of the fight. He was done.

I don't see the irony or double standard you are trying to point out here. Silva fans collectively lost their minds after the Weidman fights, but that has no bearing on this fight.

Herb Dean screwed up in a compound way. First, he made the odd choice to halt the fight with seconds left to go in the round while the fighters were engaged at close range. Most refs sensibly would have allowed the round to end or waited for a more clear cut break in the action. Second, he tried to stop the fight while well away from the action and out of position. This put Bisping in danger, because he stopped fighting and tried communicating with Herb. Third, he allowed Bisping to be saved by the bell when he couldn't get to his feet and was being attended to by his corner while still on the mat. He knew he had lost control of the fight and seemed to want to assert it by insisting the fight continue.

For those saying he's shot, he has been since fighting Nick Diaz. It showed there and this was while he was on PEDs. He served his suspension, comes back and he's no better. Years ago if anyone would have said that Bisping or Nick Diaz could beat Silva you'd be laughed at until you were red in the face.

He's done. He made a fortune and should retire. It happens to everyone (just about) eventually.

Forget the fact that it was a close fight that Bisping rightfully won 3 rounds to 2. Bisping hurt Anderson in round 1 and nearly knocked him out standing in round 2. Anderson is done. He has nothing for the top 5 at MW. He looked pretty awful minus a couple of kicks and a knee.

He is far slower so his hand dropping and messing around doesn't work like it did and his aura is completely gone. Bisping should not be dropping Anderson like that. But I'm happy as a huge Bisping fan.
When Sonnen dropped Anderson years ago with a really weak punch, that was the first sign that his chin was gone...

What I find amazing is that Anderson didn't retire after the second Sonnen fight. He would have known for years that his best weapons were gone but he kept fighting anyway...

Either he has some serious delusions or he just loves to fight.

You wonder why the fans can't appreciate this.

Forget the fact that it was a close fight that Bisping rightfully won 3 rounds to 2. Bisping hurt Anderson in round 1 and nearly knocked him out standing in round 2. Anderson is done. He has nothing for the top 5 at MW. He looked pretty awful minus a couple of kicks and a knee.

He is far slower so his hand dropping and messing around doesn't work like it did and his aura is completely gone. Bisping should not be dropping Anderson like that. But I'm happy as a huge Bisping fan.

Alright Wilko mate, long time no speak - just how buzzing were you last night?

What a fight!

I guess when you let Rivera hit you in the face it comes back to haunt you.

His chin has gone. That's pretty evident. Puts the Weidman fights in context. He has slowed down too much and his punch resistance has significantly declined.

Alright Wilko mate, long time no speak - just how buzzing were you last night?

What a fight!

Alright mate. Yeah big night. Frampton winning was massive and Bisping is my favourite fighter after Conor so it was amazing. Do I know you personally or just through here btw?

Bisping had better boxing and an actual chin. Anderson had some creative stuff and a few kicks. Let's not make Bisping winning into Anderson losing. It looked like they wanted to fight, not for money or a belt, but for the sake of it.

'Twas a good fight.

no spinning wheel kick from both guys, dissapointed

Alright mate. Yeah big night. Frampton winning was massive and Bisping is my favourite fighter after Conor so it was amazing. Do I know you personally or just through here btw?

Just through here - I used to have the username Jamie Kennedy.

Not posted for years though. I was just interested to see how Sherdog would react and it seems to have changed loads - there's still the usual haters but everyone else seems to be quite fair about it.

I don't come here anymore because I realised it's a den of absolute cretins. Having said that I did wonder back last night to enjoy the extreme levels of saltiness on display.

Back