Anderson gets a shot at the MW belt with a win, why not Diaz?

So, Anderson who is coming off of a 2 losses gets an immediate shot at the MW belt with a win over Diaz who is a WW. Diaz is also coming off of 2 losses, however, his two losses weren't absolute annihilations like Anderson's were. Diaz's were decision losses.

I can understand Anderson getting an immediate rematch after his first loss and the loss of the title. He was a dominant champ who was a legend in the sport. However, he already got his immediate rematch and was decisively losing that fight also before the leg break. I don't think there needs to be a third fight when he lost the first 2 by destruction. It'd be different if he was 1-1, not 0-2. We are going to start getting into Cain vs. Bigfoot and Cain vs. JDS ridiculousness here.

So, what the hell, there aren't too many challengers for Weidman's belt. Why not Diaz vs. Weidman for the title if Diaz beats Anderson? After all, Anderson's a legend and GOAT in many people's minds.

Because Diaz is getting knocked out

Neither deserves it, really, but especially not Diaz.

I'm not for either guy getting an immediate shot if they win.

Because Nick crawled away from the champion 3 times in his last UFC title fight.

For serious, TS?

it's just a "disguised" tune up for Andy

imagine if Diaz beats Andy tho? It will be a huge revenge match for Lawler vs diaz. 10 years in the making..

Last edited:
It's no guarantee that Diaz will stick around even with a win. Dude only came out of retirement because the UFC gave him the biggest money fight they had. I wouldn't be surprised if Diaz won, gives everyone the bird, and goes laughing to the bank (followed shortly by the dispensary).

My god its not hard to understand.

Anderson was the longest reigning champ ever, broke all Ufc records, and is considered by many as the greatest of all time.

Weidman fanboys and Silva haters will not want to accept the following but.....

Fact is

First loss was due to Anderson exaggerating his goofing around with hands all the way Down.

2nd loss was due to a freak injury.

Now we know Chris got the best of Anderson in the 1st rd of the rematch but believe it or not fanboys most unbiased observers feel both fights ended in controversial fashion especially the rematch.

Totally agree. First two fights ended in crazy weird fashion, especially the second. And sure Weidman won the first round of both fights, but remember Sonnen pounded on Silva for 5 rounds and still lost.

Back