Anderson gets a shot at the MW belt with a win, why not Diaz?

Because one guy is the greatest fighter of all time and the other is Nick Freaking Diaz.

Nick is nothing other than Player B, Fighter Hayabusa, Glass Joe, ect.

that kind of shit is nothing new

I think they should do a kind of grand prix bracket, to make things very clear about who gets the next title shot

but today, its just random shit

they just go with "fuck logic"

If Diaz wins that fucking fight they should make him king of the UFC.

So I take it you actually believe Dana White?

It's that time of the month for Dana to hype the next fight that "could" earn somebody a title shot.

Precedent has definitely been set many, many times on the "could" get a shot not panning out. Just ask Rory Mac.

they just go with "fuck logic"

They're in desperation mode. Credit rating downgraded, shareholders unhappy, Fox ratings plateaued, etc.

The match ups are more about $$ now than at any other time. The UFC was never one to go by the book on deserving contenders anyway.

Man, if Weidman is till champ, Silva should not get a title shot. He got stopped twice (regardless of any oddities within the fights)... a single win, over a guy who normally fights at welterweight, does not deserve a title shot.

Silva needs to take fun fights and/or get to the back of the line and get himself a win streak.

Weidman Vs Diaz would result in a literal murder. Diaz would be dead.

Because Diaz is more of a circus side show. You know? That guy who smokes week, slaps people and throws up area code gang signs

My god its not hard to understand.

Anderson was the longest reigning champ ever, broke all Ufc records, and is considered by many as the greatest of all time.

Weidman fanboys and Silva haters will not want to accept the following but.....

Fact is

First loss was due to Anderson exaggerating his goofing around with hands all the way Down.

2nd loss was due to a freak injury.

Now we know Chris got the best of Anderson in the 1st rd of the rematch but believe it or not fanboys most unbiased observers feel both fights ended in controversial fashion especially the rematch.

If Nick some how pulls of a miracle & Hendrick gets hurt I would love to see Diaz/Lawler 2. It makes no sense but would be an awesome fight.

This ridiculous announcement was done To distract people from talking about jones and speculating about possible peds and masking agents.

100% diversion right here.

It would be insane if Diaz won and they didn't do Lawler vs Diaz. Way too easy to cash in

couldn't agree more. I can't stand that double standard when they announce it - if fighter A deserves a title shot for beating fighter B, then the reverse should hold true every time as well.

gonzaga / crocop is the perfect example of that (and of one they handled right) - no one in the world thought GG would win but once he did, they reluctantly went ahead and gave him the title shot.

and as has been mentioned before in past threads, you have the GOAT user name on sherdog. :)

Last edited:
Diaz being bludgeoned by Weidman would be my favorite fight of all time.

My god its not hard to understand.

Anderson was the longest reigning champ ever, broke all Ufc records, and is considered by many as the greatest of all time.

Weidman fanboys and Silva haters will not want to accept the following but.....

Fact is

First loss was due to Anderson exaggerating his goofing around with hands all the way Down.

2nd loss was due to a freak injury.

Now we know Chris got the best of Anderson in the 1st rd of the rematch but believe it or not fanboys most unbiased observers feel both fights ended in controversial fashion especially the rematch.

Lol at anderson fans being 'unbiased observers'.

Most of you are all about big name superstars

Why is it such a shock the UFC is then saying they are giving you exactly what you are all clamoring for?

Back