Anderson didn't have a k1 background. However prime Andy would KO Jan. How is this possible.

Talk about revisionist history. That was the best version ever of Rampage and Forrest simply beat him. Everyone talked constantly about how powerful Rampage was and how great his hands were...yet in 25 minutes he couldn't do to Forrest what Anderson did in seconds. Prime Anderson would undoubtedly matrix Jan, especially a 38-year old version of him. He may not do it as quickly as he did to Forrest, but anyone with a modicum of objectivity knows he'd finish him.
Based on what... who did Anderson beat that is comparable to Jan? Absolutely nobody. Jan is a tank, durable, well rounded, hits hard and is ape strong.

Based on what... who did Anderson beat that is comparable to Jan? Absolutely nobody. Jan is a tank, durable, well rounded, hits hard and is ape strong.

A "tank" with 8 losses including a TKO to Thiago Santos, who wasn't 10% of the MW that Anderson was. Jan is tough and durable, but I wouldn't call him any better than the Forrest whom Anderson beat or even prime Rich Franklin who was a great MW and a decent LHW. For that matter, Anderson also finished prime TRT Hendo who was more durable than Jan ever was and had equal ape strength according to everyone who trained with him or fought him. This was the same Hendo who finished Fedor 2 years later.

A "tank" with 8 losses including a TKO to Thiago Santos, who wasn't 10% of the MW that Anderson was. Jan is tough and durable, but I wouldn't call him any better than the Forrest whom Anderson beat or even prime Rich Franklin who was a great MW and a decent LHW. For that matter, Anderson also finished prime TRT Hendo who was more durable than Jan ever was and had equal ape strength according to everyone who trained with him or fought him. This was the same Hendo who finished Fedor 2 years later.

Anderson was a steroid cheat who literally never hurt anyone or won again after pissing hot twice, even the brunson decision was dodgy as hell.

The only thing Anderson would have done better than Izzy was badly outstrike Jan. But Jan would still take him down with ease and he would win.

You are saying Izzy can’t beat a guy who was getting subbed by flying shit after being out struck during his prime in Japan? Ok I believe you.

Exaggerations aside I feel Anderoid Silva in Matrix mode with full pharmaceutical enhancements should be a great fight with current Izzy. Silva in his primes chin is underrated.

the "k1 level striker" myth is probably one of those Roganisms that people just accept at gospel.....truth be told lots of mma's are "k1 level"

Anderson would not be a lock against Jan
Could he win, ofcourse, he is the MW goat but if I were to pick a winner based on how their styles matched, I would choose Jan
Also K-1 style does not work well with Anderson Silva's circle and counter, could he be successful, sure but not as successful as he was in MMA

Jan is essentially a bigger and stronger version of Weidman. The game has evolved. Silva was a bit ahead of his time and with the help of some "dickpills" he looked unbeatable. It would not be as easy for him today.

the 2 things arent related lol.....K1 has been garbage since 2012

Jan would do to Anderson what Weidman did

Who has Anderson beat that would be good today?

If you don’t think Jan is better than Forrest Griffin we have nothing to talk about. We just disagree!

Why K1? Jan didn't fight in K1 either so it's a completely pointless comparison.

If you want to bring up the Santos loss for Jan then why don't we bring up the Jardine loss for Forrest? That one is way, way worse.

Forrest's grit was his best asset, but Jan is better pretty much everywhere. He's more durable and has actual power. Hell, I'd even argue that his offensive grappling is better as well, Forrest may have him beat on cardio but not much else.

I love Izzy. He is an amazing fighter, and far about any other mw today, but you must not forget that Anderson is the best fighter we have ever seen in UFC history. A true top 3 goat.

Reactions: mkt
Back