Anderson didn't have a k1 background. However prime Andy would KO Jan. How is this possible.

Prime Anderson would have bludgeoned Jan. Completely different level.

This version of Jan beats the shit out of Prime Andy, and thats my favorite fighter. Andy ofc has a shot to catch him but its a bad style matchup. Jan wont bite on his feints and is gonna stifle him with his jab all night.

Anderson really is a phenom, there is nothing I saw yesterday that would make me beleive that Jan could beat Anderson.

Jan is almost tailor-made for Anderson, slow plodding biting at every feint. Anderson would work Jan. Jan could not Sonnen silva, Sonnen is an absolute beast of a wrestler.

Andy also has a much better ground game than Izzy.

How could Anderson pretty much be the most effective MW striker without ever fighting K1?

Anderson does not engage unless chased and Jan was just stood still counter punching and checking kicks, all Anderson would do is get frustrated and wobble around the cage acting like hes drunk until Jan took him done and tkoed him.

Reactions: Twc
Anderson is more of an mma fighter and weighed more than Izzy did at 205. These factors have significance.

prime anderson lost to plenty of cans and journeymen.

Anderson could be really aggressive , even when down multiple rounds to Chael he started off rounds with a flying knee and he would bite down trade with anyone

He wouldn’t ko Jan, and would in fact, lose.

Sorry to ruin your dream but, wakey wakey.

So because Silva moved up and beat two cherry picked opponents that he was tailored made to beat he could have beat Jan?

Garbage. Forrest had recent wins over Shogun and Rampage was ranked #4. Stop the moronic revisionist history. Anderson was just that good when he wanted to be.

Jan would have beaten Anderson stop this nonsense

Nope, not an early 30s Anderson. It would've been a good fight until Anderson went into matrix mode, though. Izzy is overrated (a poor man's Anderson at best) and I've been saying it long before the Jan fight.

Anderson was never really that good. He fought journeymen and guys with neanderthal skill sets. Every time he moved up, those guys were tailor made gifts. Anderson was a construct of a weak MMA landscape and never really beat anyone that good. Any version of Jan gives him issues and probably beats him.
This.
Anderson would have gotten knocked out a dozen times if he ever fought in K-1.
And this.

Anderson would NOT have fought like Izzy. He would have been more content with countering. Izzy is better at being offensive compared to Anderson so he's more willing to do it which also gave Jan opportunites to land because Izzy was putting himself in Jan's jab and punch range. Anderson likely would have just kept circling away and maybe force Jan to overly commit.

Anderson on the bottom also is better at stalling BUT I think Izzy might have a bit better takedown defense and is less willing to give up takedowns.

Idk if Anderson would win against Jan but I don't think he would have fought like how Izzy fought.

This version of Jan beats the shit out of Prime Andy, and thats my favorite fighter. Andy ofc has a shot to catch him but its a bad style matchup. Jan wont bite on his feints and is gonna stifle him with his jab all night.

How can you be so sure of that? Jan bit on most of Izzy's feints as mentioned 100000x by the commentary team (btw the commentary was pretty biased against Jan BUT they were right in saying Jan was reacting to most of the feints). Izzy was getting jabbed because he was willing to come forward against Jan and be offensive. Anderson I don't think would even try to do that too much. As we know, Anderson is pretty content with just circling away all fight if he really wants to/feels like he needs to. I think it's possible Anderson could win in a lacklustre fashion or even frustrate Jan enough to walk into a counter. I'm not confifdent in saying that Anderson would win but I do not think it would look much like the Izzy fight at all and that could be good or bad for Anderson.

Jan's TD's were perfectly timed and Andy had horrible wrestling he would be very easy to bring down, Andy's groundgame is also extremely overrated the guy got dominated on the ground by whitebelt Sonnen.

Silva's TDD is highly underrated. He stuffed over 200 takedowns during his time in the UFC, and is a little over 70% successful throughout his career in stuffing takedowns. HIs ground game is extremely good, which is clearly shown in his performance against Sonnen. Don't lie, homie.

Reactions: mkt
Garbage. Forrest had recent wins over Shogun and Rampage was ranked #4. Stop the moronic revisionist history. Anderson was just that good when he wanted to be.
Revisionist history, please Shogun was in horrible shape in that fight and took a rematch from him and Rampage has always been susceptible to low kicks and is overrated. Everyone praised him but in the end he got lazy and went on a major skid. Anderson’s fight last at 205 were perfect fights for him.

Jan would splatter Anderson Silva but it’s a moot point because Anderson in his prime would never fought Jan.

I do think Silva probably would win a very boring point match against Jan.

Izzy got a little to comfortable on the feet and based on his interviews you can tell he listens to fans bashing on him for his approach to some of his fights. I believe if they rematched I think you'd see Izzy just stay on the outside and cherry pick his shots over and over. He'd never let Jan get his hands on him. He'd win in the cage but fans would hate the fight and probably do more damage to Izzy's drawing power than anything else.

So because Silva moved up and beat two cherry picked opponents that he was tailored made to beat he could have beat Jan?
Cherry picked? Forrest Griffin was a pretty dang good fighter at that point in time. I honestly think that Forrest vs current Jan would be a good competitive fight. Anderson just found a way to enter the Matrix on that specific night and make Forrest look like he'd never fought a day in his life. Hate him or not, he was usually incredibly entertaining and had some spectacular fights and finishes.
I honestly thought Izzy would enter the Matrix vs Jan and win at least a decision, but he looked incredibly hesitant and nothing like he did during the Costa fight or Whittaker fight.

Reactions: mkt
Back