Anderson didn't follow his gameplan against Weidman? - News to me.

TS if you weren't so bias you would see it. Yes Silva's gameplan is to clown, anger, and bait his opponent into a striking match but the part of the plan he didn't follow was counter strike once he gets them in a striking match. Here is how his stradegy looks when he follows it 100%.

jpuh7c_jpg.gif

2vrveop.jpg

4.gif

As you can he doesn't laugh or joke around. He is 100% serious and has counter on his mind the whole time an once he sees the openings he jumps on them and counters. Now here is Silva vs Weidman.

788419746.gif

Anderson+Silva+Pretends+Not+to+Get+Hurt+-+UFC+162.gif

iGuiraxTFM2ST.gif

As you can see here he never once looked to counter. Thats the part of the gameplan he didnt follow. Once he got Weidman striking and Weidman couldn't take him down he was suppose to become offensive and attack the openings. He didn't and chose to play instead. See the difference now?

TS if you weren't so bias you would see it. Yes Silva's gameplan is to clown, anger, and bait his opponent into a striking match but the part of the plan he didn't follow was counter strike once he gets them in a striking match. Here is how his stradegy looks when he follows it 100%.

jpuh7c_jpg.gif

2vrveop.jpg

4.gif

As you can he doesn't laugh or joke around. He is 100% serious and has counter on his mind the whole time an once he sees the openings he jumps on them and counters. Now here is Silva vs Weidman.

788419746.gif

Anderson+Silva+Pretends+Not+to+Get+Hurt+-+UFC+162.gif

iGuiraxTFM2ST.gif

As you can see here he never once looked to counter. Thats the part of the gameplan he didnt follow. Once he got Weidman striking and Weidman couldn't take him down he was suppose to become offensive and attack the openings. He didn't and chose to play instead. See the difference now?

great post but the main difference is not with Anderson. It is with Weidman.

Weidman does not over commit or lunge like the others do. He stays composed and does not chase and then you see Anderson try to counter punch but Weidman is not there. Anderson throws airballs and is the one lunging and missing and is frustrated like no one prior has done to him.

You see Weidman continue to focus on getting Anderson's distance and timing right up until he KHTFO.

Weidman does not over commit or lunge like the others do. He stays composed and does not chase and then you see Anderson try to counter punch but Weidman is not there. Anderson throws airballs and is the one lunging and missing and is frustrated like no one prior has done to him.

You see Weidman continue to focus on getting Anderson's distance and timing right up until he KHTFO.

GTFO

I'm a hardcore Anderson haters and I can easily see what he meant.

Why is everyone turning Weidman into this striking genius, he got lucky. He said so himself, he said and I quote "I was very frustrated, but I knew that I could catch him eventually, when I did I was very happy. *Interviewer* Yeah I yelled at him after the fight, but I was mad for a split second."

It's the concept of a simple trade-off. Do you really not understand it? He got carried away with his antics and lost sight of the goal. This is what his coach or trainer or whoever is saying (I don't feel like going back and checking who it was).

Whether or not you believe him is another story, but the concept itself is quite simple.

..... Amazingly Anderson silva doesn't actually require dancing around acting rocked/general dipshittery to win a fight, and anyone who says "what, he always acts like that, he needs to do that to bait his opponent to come at him" is being deliberately obtuse. He was obviously acting like a diva (aka Maia 2) yet to claim that it's not only his usual behaviour but also his most important tactic is retarded.

Anderson went in.there acting like a fool. He did not respect Weidmans striking. Did Anderson act this way against Vitor? Or Chael? No. Congrats Weidman. You knocked out a clown. Yet sherdoggers praise him like the 2nd coming. Weidman had his Matt Serra moment. Silva is taking his soul in the rematch.

Lol@clowning is his gameplan. NO. It is not. He does this when he does not fear their striking. Forrest and Okami are pillowfists. Same with Bonnar. When Anderson doesn't respect ur hands he will clown. That's why he didnt pull that crap vs Vitor.

I think its a combination of the two. Weidman did a really good job of not getting frustrated and over-extending himself or getting himself off-balance. Anderson did not do an equally good job of finding the openings for counters. And since he didn't seem to be trying to counter so much, I subjectively conclude that he was neglecting that part of his gameplan.
You can come back at me and say that Weidman simply gave him no openings to counter (and that's a valid argument unless someone can discredit it), but I don't believe there are ever no openings or options. Especially for someone with that level of striking talent.

Anderson may have clowned a lot of opponents in the past but it was never that much, that early. He may have dropped his hands and tried to slip some punches but he tried to treat Weidman like he was Bonnar and that's what cost him.

Anderson tried to rely too much on defeating Weidman mentally. He wasn't threatening Weidman with technique at all. He only clowned Bonnar, Forrest, Okami, etc after he established an edge in the fight. He had no edge over Weidman in neither department during that fight and it seems to me he got frustrated/cocky and that is what lead to him getting KO'd.

I'm sure he doesn't pay his coach to say "Ok, what i want you to do is go out there and just clown on him until he walks into your fist".

That's why he didnt pull that crap vs Vitor.

Same with Hendo. Anderson didn't know what Weidman was going to exactly bring to the table other than his wrestling and BJJ. Anderson went into the fight thinking Weidman wasn't going to do anything to him on the stand-up. I won't be surprised if Anderson takes this rematch fairly easy and ends up giving the result that a lot of people expected from the first fight.

"Weidman has got good jiu-jitsu, and great wrestling. He needs to work with his stand up." - Anderson Silva on countdown to UFC 162.

Silva really didn't think Weidman was going to even strike much with him at all.

Same with Hendo. Anderson didn't know what Weidman was going to exactly bring to the table other than his wrestling and BJJ. Anderson went into the fight thinking Weidman wasn't going to do anything to him on the stand-up. I won't be surprised if Anderson takes this rematch fairly easy and ends up giving the result that a lot of people expected from the first fight.

"Weidman has got good jiu-jitsu, and great wrestling. He needs to work with his stand up." - Anderson Silva on countdown to UFC 162.

Silva really didn't think Weidman was going to even strike much with him at all.

I think Anderson under-estimated Weidman also.

I really think if Anderson doesn't clown so much and Weidman plays it safe and doesn't think he's an elite level striker it will be really interesting.

If Weidman tries to stand with Anderson in the rematch I think he will get KO'd/TKO'd quickly.

GTFO

I'm a hardcore Anderson haters and I can easily see what he meant.

Why is everyone turning Weidman into this striking genius, he got lucky. He said so himself, he said and I quote "I was very frustrated, but I knew that I could catch him eventually, when I did I was very happy. *Interviewer* Yeah I yelled at him after the fight, but I was mad for a split second."

lol at 'lucky'.

Lucky would have been Forrest landing something while lunging and going spaz at the taunting.

Weidman did Anderson almost exactly what Anderson did to Forrest. he taunted him, measured him and khtfo and did not fall into Anderson's game. there was nothing lucky about it.

it was Weidmans small adjustments, the small steps in to close distance, etc that made all the difference.

and learn to comprehend what you quote and read as nothing in your quote suggests Weidman thinks he got lucky. Succeeding out of frustration does not equal luck. Saying he knew he could catch him eventually means he could see a path to his eventual success if he just kept at it. The exact opposite of what Anderson hopes with his taunting where he expects to break his opponents mentally as they realize they cannot hit/hurt him and start to give up.

He did go a bit over the top and lost control. I think Anderson got so comfortable and really underestimated Weidman in those striking situations, cause if he really felt his standup was a threat or respected it, he would not have fought like he did.

Now he knows better, going to be interesting how Anderson fights the second time around. I expect him to drop his hands here and there, but not do the things like dancing, prettending he's wobbled, laughting etc.

And I dont expect Chris to strike either, I think he will just shoot for takedowns which is what he should have done in the first fight. He managed to KO Anderson, but I would hesitate the 2nd time around.

I think its a combination of the two. Weidman did a really good job of not getting frustrated and over-extending himself or getting himself off-balance. Anderson did not do an equally good job of finding the openings for counters. And since he didn't seem to be trying to counter so much, I subjectively conclude that he was neglecting that part of his gameplan.
You can come back at me and say that Weidman simply gave him no openings to counter (and that's a valid argument unless someone can discredit it), but I don't believe there are ever no openings or options. Especially for someone with that level of striking talent.

Have you heard Anderson's most recent interview. He talks about his mistake being 'one step'. Just one step and I agree.

There is a video of Jones and Faber commenting live and they, like most others thought Weidman was playing right into Anderson's game right up until Anderson got KTFO.

So why did people think Anderson was just about to counter KO Chris and why did it not happen?

Again the big difference was Weidman. We are used to seeing Anderson lean out of the way or roll with big strikes. Had Weidman done lunging off balance shots being to eager to chase the bait Anderson offers up, that is exactly what would have happened to him. But Weidman did not do that. He kept taking small steps inside and closer to Anderson and suddenly Anderson was not leaning far enough back and he had to lean so far he was off balance and had no ability to launch a counter attack. That is why Weidman was able to KO him, almost identical to how Anderson got Forrest to over commit.

Does anyone focus on the mistakes Forrest made, as he did make mistakes? Or do people comment on what Anderson did to force those mistakes calling that the Matrix?

Anderson did not just fall into mistakes. Weidman forced those mistakes. Had he stayed to the outside and try to force lunging punches Anderson could have kept his balance and countered.

lol at 'lucky'.

Lucky would have been Forrest landing something while lunging and going spaz at the taunting.

Weidman did Anderson almost exactly what Anderson did to Forrest. he taunted him, measured him and khtfo and did not fall into Anderson's game. there was nothing lucky about it.

it was Weidmans small adjustments, the small steps in to close distance, etc that made all the difference.

and learn to comprehend what you quote and read as nothing in your quote suggests Weidman thinks he got lucky. Succeeding out of frustration does not equal luck. Saying he knew he could catch him eventually means he could see a path to his eventual success if he just kept at it. The exact opposite of what Anderson hopes with his taunting where he expects to break his opponents mentally as they realize they cannot hit/hurt him and start to give up.

I think the only luck there is in this situation is that Anderson prestented Chris the chance. By dropping his hands and trying to bait him into Anderson fight, Chris had the opportunity to go for the KO. But yes.....there is nothing luckly about that punch.......I mean it looked like any other KO punch, he measured him up, threw it and connected.

Its hard to relate it to a different scenario, but I see it almost like when a guy sticks his head in too far and gets caught in a guilotine choke. You give your opponent a chance, take a risk and they take advantage of the situation. No luck.

He did go a bit over the top and lost control. I think Anderson got so comfortable and really underestimated Weidman in those striking situations, cause if he really felt his standup was a threat or respected it, he would not have fought like he did.

Now he knows better, going to be interesting how Anderson fights the second time around. I expect him to drop his hands here and there, but not do the things like dancing, prettending he's wobbled, laughting etc.

And I dont expect Chris to strike either, I think he will just shoot for takedowns which is what he should have done in the first fight. He managed to KO Anderson, but I would hesitate the 2nd time around.

I think there is a great chance it looks a lot like JDS/Cain 2 with Anderson taking the type of beating JDS took on his way to a dominant decision loss if he can defend all the sub attempts on the way.

that is how it looked like it might go until Anderson taunted Chris to stand and strike. And unless Anderson is willing to taunt that much again, I expect Weidman to stick to his game plan.

People do not realize why Anderson taunted that much. the reason was he had, HAD, to get Chris off his game plan of TD, GnP and Sub attempts and he had no way, NO WAY, to do that himself. he needed Chris to voluntarily fight his game plan and he had to make so tempting that Chris would have almost no choice but to chase that chin. If he does not make it that tempting then Chris puts him on his back and we see him eating hard GnP again on the way to being either TKO'd or sub'd.

lol at 'lucky'.

:icon_neut

I think there is a great chance it looks a lot like JDS/Cain 2 with Anderson taking the type of beating JDS took on his way to a dominant decision loss if he can defend all the sub attempts on the way.

that is how it looked like it might go until Anderson taunted Chris to stand and strike. And unless Anderson is willing to taunt that much again, I expect Weidman to stick to his game plan.

People do not realize why Anderson taunted that much. the reason was he had, HAD, to get Chris off his game plan of TD, GnP and Sub attempts and he had no way, NO WAY, to do that himself. he needed Chris to voluntarily fight his game plan and he had to make so tempting that Chris would have almost no choice but to chase that chin. If he does not make it that tempting then Chris puts him on his back and we see him eating hard GnP again on the way to being either TKO'd or sub'd.

I like Chris in that position more then Sonnen, I think he is a better grappler and BJJ guy. I mean Chael did great in keeping Anderson down, I feel Chris can finish the fight more then Chael. And yes...sticking to the ground game is key here.

I just want to see both guys give it there best......the first fight was just so weird with Anderson was doing and Chris falling into it, so at least it looked like it before the KO. I thought the fight was goind more in the route of Maia vs Anderson....wasnt very happy from both guys. So in this one I wanna so no BS, I wanna see Chris like he looked in round 1 and Anderson not screwing around.

On a prediction??? I dont make predictions so far away from fights but based on both guys giving it there best?? Im gonna take Anderson by TKO after a few rough moments/rounds. I think this one may look more like Sonnen/Silva 2....although I dont expect the TKO to come that early. But I gotta wait till camp is over and make a real prediction.

I can't wait for the rematch. I like Weidman but like to watch Anderson the most. He throws all the different strikes there are and it's fun to watch. Weidman isn't nearly as diverse a striker as Anderson. He is powerful and accurate.

lol at 'lucky'.

Weidman knows he got lucky it just finally happened. Maia tagged Anderson a lot when they fought, difference is Weidman can KO you. This was long overdue, since Anderson clowned Cote, Maia and Leites, I have been waiting for someone to catch him while he's being a disrespectful ass.

Weidman did not taunt Anderson, he did a small "put your hands down, then back up".

Weidman did not set up Anderson as everyone is claiming, he threw everything he could without leaving himself TOO exposed (there were still openings though) and due to Anderson's clowning he was able to catch him and KTFO him.

Finally

So JDS's KO of Cain wasn't lucky either, it was some kind of genius set up and a perfectly technical counter.

Have you heard Anderson's most recent interview. He talks about his mistake being 'one step'. Just one step and I agree.

There is a video of Jones and Faber commenting live and they, like most others thought Weidman was playing right into Anderson's game right up until Anderson got KTFO.

So why did people think Anderson was just about to counter KO Chris and why did it not happen?

Again the big difference was Weidman. We are used to seeing Anderson lean out of the way or roll with big strikes. Had Weidman done lunging off balance shots being to eager to chase the bait Anderson offers up, that is exactly what would have happened to him. But Weidman did not do that. He kept taking small steps inside and closer to Anderson and suddenly Anderson was not leaning far enough back and he had to lean so far he was off balance and had no ability to launch a counter attack. That is why Weidman was able to KO him, almost identical to how Anderson got Forrest to over commit.

Does anyone focus on the mistakes Forrest made, as he did make mistakes? Or do people comment on what Anderson did to force those mistakes calling that the Matrix?

Anderson did not just fall into mistakes. Weidman forced those mistakes. Had he stayed to the outside and try to force lunging punches Anderson could have kept his balance and countered.

Yes, you're right. Weidman did very good, his lack of mistakes seemed result in him tagging silva. I still contend that silva didnt seem to be focused on countering weidman like he had in previous fights, and this contributed to his getting knocked out (in addition to everything that weidman did right). We'll just have to wait for the rematch. Should be a good fight either way.

Back