Anderson didn't follow his gameplan against Weidman? - News to me.

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Combat Wombatt, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Combat Wombatt

Combat Wombatt Brown Belt

In the below article that's on Sherdog's front page Anderson's trainer says Anderson needs to focus and stick with his game plan which is what he didn't do last time against Weidman.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Tr...ior-dos-Santos-Anderson-Silva-Rematches-56737

What?

Anderson's strategy has always been clown, anger, and bait his opponent into getting into a striking match where Anderson will win.

That's exactly what Anderson did to Weidman, except Anderson had to do more clowning than usual since Weidman wasn't falling for it at first and Anderson was getting frustrated, which is what he said.

Weidman said that he started believing that he could strike with Anderson, which wasn't his game plan, and took Anderson's bait.

So, I would say that Anderson did what he always did and did not go away from his game plan, this time it just caught up with him.

Now, I think if Weidman thinks he's a world-class striker now and decides to strike with Anderson rather than TD to GnP I think he will get KO'd/TKO'd in quick manner.

2. Charlie Sheen

Charlie Sheen Invisible Belt

Neither did Weidman.

3. countswagula

countswagula Gold Belt

Feijao was screaming at him to calm down when they went to their corners. Anderson has good people in his camp, I doubt whatever gameplan they came up with was anything like what he fought.

4. Da Speeit

Da Speeit CANCEROUS POSTER Platinum Member

In bed with your bitch, watching game of thrones,
    His strategy was to not get taken down and to not get KO'd and failed to accomplish either.

5. MartialPopTarts

MartialPopTarts Banned Banned

Sasha Grey is wondrously beautiful. Too bad her acting was so wooden. She has A list face and D list mainstream talent.

6. BrazilianDude

BrazilianDude Gold Belt

Being Anderson's cornerman must be a nightmare. The guy just does whatever he wants and it's usually the opposite of what any textbook will tell you to do.

I think Anderson did exactly what they expected in round 1, survived Weidman's initial rush and defended the sub attempts, got back up. He lost the round clearly, but he has done it before many times and came back to win.

Round 2 he started well, stuffed a couple of takedown attempts and Weidman started to look frustrated. However anderson kept clowning way longer than he should and got KTFO. Props to Weidman for keeping his focus, but he was getting angry and that can be proved by that post KO gif when Weidman called him "that disrespectful piece of shit".

Anyway, as an Anderson fan I was scared as fuck after the TD in the first, became confident after he got up, thought he would destroy Weidman after he stuffed the TD attempts in the second, started to get scared when he started playing too much and then...

7. GoldenGloryFan

GoldenGloryFan Purple Belt

I guess you know more about Anderson's gameplan than his coaching staff TS..excited for the rematch.

8. Lapiz Conciente

Lapiz Conciente Blue Belt

9. Combat Wombatt

Combat Wombatt Brown Belt

Well, his strategy must of not been keep the fight standing and go for a KO/TKO like you always done but it's take Weidman down and sub him or what?

10. 7th

7th Silver Belt

Anderson said after the fight that he had trouble hitting Weidman and we saw that Weidman didn't have trouble hitting Silva, so what gameplan are they talking about? Silva fought how he always does but found out it didn't work against a better fighter.

11. Claude

Claude Red Belt

That's because Weidman pushed him to the point of desperation.

12. csroster

csroster Silver Belt

If the gameplan was not to get KO'd, then I agree.

Other than that, Silva basically had Weidman right where he wanted him in terms of strategy of keeping the fight where he wanted it.

13. jiujitsuforever

jiujitsuforever Banned Banned

north carolina: aka most bipolar weather on the ea
    not many gameplans end with you unconscious

14. Nihilism

Nihilism Brown Belt

That moment when you realize you've just knocked Anderson Silva on his ass.

15. theheater

theheater Silver Belt

go rewatch the fight and you will likely have a different opinion. i did and it drastically changed my view

-weidmans TD attempts were half assed in the second round. he wasnt in a panic to get the fight to the ground like chael was. the TD wasnt there so he gave up quickly
    -weidman wasnt frustrated anderson was. anderson couldnt hit weidman with anything other than a couple leg kicks
    -weidman was landing all the punches and anderson clowning got worse as he kept getting hit and had no answer. the more he got hit the harder he clowned.
    -weidman definately got emotional over the clowning. he even stuck his face out there for anderson to punch, taunting him back. in the war of taunting obv weidman won this battle also. although weidman was affected by andersons taunting he still didnt get hit and kept landing himself

again rewatch the fight. anderson had an aura and combined with his taunting it really warped my perception of the first fight. rewatching it i saw weidman execute a perfect gameplan for anderson. win rounds, dont get hit, dont gas yourself going for bad TD's in a 5 round fight. if you look at weidmans skill set and the fact that anderson had seemed impossible to finish with top notch cardio then everything weidman did was very smart. he dove for an ankle lock to try and finish not blow his wad trying to gnp his head off. in round 2 he moved in for td's to keep anderson guessing but aborted in favor of conserving his gas tank. if you look at weidmans skill set and andersons skill set weidman was pretty much fighting the perfect fight

dont get me wrong the rematch will be no cakewalk for weidman. if anderson stays composed we will see what weidman has to offer in the championship rounds. imo andersons best way to win this fight is to be patient and have confidence in his cardio advantage

16. GUSWER**

GUSWER** Purple Belt

Didn't know you are AS coach. A few hints for his next fight?

17. Salted

Salted Yellow Belt

I agree but what this tells me is that Anderson got frustrated and then underestimated his opponent. That is the key here, and why a lot of people expect a different result in the standup. Just because Silva couldnt find his timing and was getting hit doesnt mean he had to showboat to the extent he did. Silva is still the better striker at this point, just not so much better that he can put himself in a very compromising situation and get away with it.

I honestly think that a Anderson silva that respects his opponents speed and ability will eventually prevail in the standup. It will be a different kind of fight than we are used to from anderson, but if you look at Silva's sparring sessions, with Machida for example, he is more than capable of competing in a competitive stand up fight. I'm assuming that making that technical change of strategy in the standup won't be a problem, so his focus should still be Weidmen's ground game as that is the real threat, notwithstanding the prior result.

18. ectera

ectera Purple Belt

The first fight was odd, but it makes sense now that they both basically admitted to not being 100 percent in their first encounter. Regardless I personally blame Anderson's loss on him being overconfident/underestimating Weidman's striking and to a certain extent the showboating. Anderson should take it nonetheless and most of you Weidman fans are going to shit yourselves.

19. faixabranca

faixabranca Yellow Belt

Ah, the Andy excuse train keeps on rolling. He was beaten by the better fighter that night, period. People just can't seem to accept it.

20. servel20

servel20 Brown Belt

This.

Yes I hive Weidman credit, however, you can clearly see Anderson slapping Weidman in the face a second before he gets KTFO.

Why didn't he punch instead?

Because he was straight up clowning