Anderson’s fight split decision?

Help me understand how does boxing scoring work exactly, and which rounds did Chavez win?

I’m honestly hoping the judges agreed that if it goes to decision they will make it split no matter how obvious.
Don't know what agreements were made behind the scenes, but the judge that had it for JCCjr is either entirely incompetent or bought off.
There is NO WAY a legit card could possibly have Chavez Jr winning.

Hometown corrupt judging trying to save Chavez Jr. a little face. Nobody that watched though he came close to winning that fight, he was styled on and embarrassed. Just shows they were very willing to screw Anderson had that fight been remotely close.

Don't know what agreements were made behind the scenes, but the judge that had it for JCCjr is either entirely incompetent or bought off.
There is NO WAY a legit card could possibly have Chavez Jr winning.
I’m thinking it was just done to save some face, a decision for Chavez would’ve caused too much of a reaction where as a split for Silva while ridiculous will just be accepted since it doesn’t change the out outcome, but it always remain written in history as much closer than it actually was.

But at least sherbros will never let it be forgotten on here.
<BC1>

Ecen the commentary was like naw dawg Silva won.

Judge was jus bein a judge imo. I wouldn't rule out corrupt or incompetent in any combat event of note. Look at Rory jus recently...

let us not go there. MMA has plenty of dubious scores as well.

Judges are clueless and not held accountable for their mistakes, and that's just one of the problems.

IMHO this had nothing to do with being corrupt.
Yes, it does. Boxing has a very long history of very bad decisions. In MMA, bad decisions are mostly due to incompetence. Not in boxing. I don’t mean this insultingly, but do your research. When you have the mob involved in your sport, it gets dirty.

Yes, it does. Boxing has a very long history of very bad decisions. In MMA, bad decisions are mostly due to incompetence. Not in boxing. I don’t mean this insultingly, but do your research. When you have the mob involved in your sport, it gets dirty.
Come on now!
Am I the one who needs to study lessons from the past?
Or did you forget the reasons Pride went under?

Look, I am not claiming Boxing is clean. I am claiming I don't see any obscure reason for this one judge's atrocious decision. Not everything boils down to corruption.

Bradley versus Paquiao #1, nuff said

MMA definitely isn’t as corrupt as Boxing

unless it’s Bisping fighting in the UK, or a Jones title defense
<JonesLaugh>

I mean boxing has plenty of issues but there's nothing to gain in "paying off" judges for Chavez Jr to win a meaningless fight in 2021. There's zero financial return for that guy.

Stupid judges? Clearly and more likely. We see fights in MMA (including one recently) where 2 judges gave all 3 rounds to one guy and 1 gave all 3 to the other guy. Is that one judge corrupt? No. Is that judge a dumb shit? Yes.

Only one of the judges was paid off. Is normal in boxing. Corrupt sport
So “they” just paid off one judge? But why? You need at 2 judges to win. Math not your strong suit huh?

Anderson Goat!

Boxing judges are just horrendous. Bad decisions have made canelo into a great fighter by bailing him out over and over

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back