International And yet i was called "crazy" for claiming that Venezuela is a defacto Cuban colony.

Rod1

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
"Imperialism bad, except when done by authoritarian regimes like Cuba" mrite?

Cliffs

- Raul Castro is the "big brother and protector of Venezuela".
- Cuban ambassador given complete authority to coordinate all ministries in Venezuela.

They dont have any fucking shame at this point.

Cliffs

- Cuban ambassador given complete authority to coordinate all ministries in Venezuela.

Who called you crazy for that?

What is crazy is pretending Guaidó isn't a CIA asset as he heads to Davos.

What is crazy is pretending Guaidó isn't a CIA asset as he heads to Davos.

CIA is too busy protecting Israeli and Saudi interests in the Middle East to care about Venezuela.

Right. “Imperialism is great unless America does it.” That’s exactly what the left thinks. Well put, genius.

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

All I know is that the Cubans there better evac with the quickness when Venezuela ultimately collapses. Cuban heads will roll otherwise

Cliffs

Just curious who called you crazy?

Right. “Imperialism is great unless America does it.” That’s exactly what the left thinks. Well put, genius.

That's exactly the standard used to ignore all the times Cuba has intervened in foreign affairs.

CIA is too busy protecting Israeli and Saudi interests in the Middle East to care about Venezuela.
I’m sorry are we supposed to protect other people’s country or not? I can’t keep track. Hmm. They have oil though. Kinda debunks that I guess

But at the same time people who denounce American imperialism in Latin America specifically never have anything to say about Cuban interference in other Latin American countries.

Where do you think the Venezuelan military got their training from? The same military that kills Venezuelans and the only thing keeping Maduro in power.

In my experience people on the left are far less enthusiastic about opposing imperialism, racism, etc when non-Americans/Europeans do it. For the most part they seem to either ignore it or rationalize it.

I’m sorry are we supposed to protect other people’s country or not? I can’t keep track. Hmm. They have oil though. Kinda debunks that I guess

Theorically it should protect American interests.

when non-Americans/Europeans

Plenty of leftists support Russian imperialism, because fuck America.

At least in the hispanic world.

EDIT

A lot of right wingers do it too.

In my experience people on the left are far less enthusiastic about opposing imperialism, racism, etc when non-Americans/Europeans do it. For the most part they seem to either ignore it or rationalize it.
Now hold on there. The soviet union was european, and the left also thought it was good that they took over pretty much all of eastern europe.

Now hold on there. The soviet union was european, and the left also thought it was good that they took over pretty much all of eastern europe.

I used the qualifier of "rationalize", and that goes to your "good".

Funny, right now I'm listening to a podcast on Solzhenitsyn. Stephen Kotkin is going over how people rationlized away the gulag and famines and all the other terrible things.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was both. My argument was the following:

Venezuela's GDP: $255 billion
Cuba's GDP: $96 billion

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal) (the United Nations chart is the only one that has both countries listed)

Venezuela's population: 28 million
Cuba's population: 11 million

So I figured either Rod is crazy (and the Venezuela-Cuba relationship is just a collaboration between two similar countries) or this is the only time in the history of the world that the country being colonized is almost three times wealthier and bigger than the colonizer.

The US, the Soviet Union certainly didn't pull this off. They could barely handle colonizing countries with 1/20 their wealth and power. But mighty Cuba somehow does it to a country that's 300% richer

<mma4>

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back