And just when you thought it was safe to go back to the Cotton mill....

Strychnine

War Room Peace Addict
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
" The recording sounds like something from Jim Crow days: a white supervisor threatening to hang an African-American employee for drinking water from a "white people" fountain.

But it's 2014, in Memphis, Tennessee.

Untonia Harris, who worked at Atkinson Cotton Warehouse, said he used his phone to record his supervisor after feeling discriminated against for months.
In the audio, Harris asks if he could use a microwave.

"Hell no!" a man he describes as the supervisor responds.
When he asks why, the purported voice from the supervisor says it's because Harris is not white. In another attempt to use the water fountain, the supervisor has the same reaction. "I need to put a sign here that says, 'White people only,'" the voice says. Harris asks what will happen if he is caught drinking from the fountain. The voice replies, "That's when we hang you."

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/06/05/us/memphis-supervisor-racist-audio/index.html?hpt=us_c1

Whatever, this is America, you should be able to say what you want, FREE STERLING!!!!

Just jelly that black people are more creative when it comes to naming their children

Well, this should get the infighting going some more.

That's legitimately despicable on the part of the supervisor. Hard for me to believe that people still think this way.

Goddamn Tennessee should burn in hell alongside the rest of the south so the union can start all over.

management staff is outsourced to Federal Compress, which hired the supervisor.

In a statement to CNN, Federal Compress said it has a zero-tolerance policy on discrimination, and the supervisor was fired after an investigation.

He was fired.

That's legitimately despicable on the part of the supervisor. Hard for me to believe that people still think this way.

Why is it so hard to believe that hatred dwells in people's hearts? There's a lot of hate in the world.

Educated America as usual, I hope these people are not allowed to vote. :icon_chee

Goddamn Tennessee should burn in hell alongside the rest of the south so the union can start all over.

I spent a good amount of time in Nashville in February and I found it really nice. Even with a surprising amount of hipsters.

Fire the supervisor. Move on.

yep

The owner of the cotton company, E.W. Atkinson, said he was stunned by the recording.

"It's crazy that anybody would think to talk like that nowadays," he told CNN's Victor Blackwell. "It makes no sense whatsoever. You can't even comprehend it."

Atkinson told Blackwell that 90% of the warehouse's employees are black, and that he was unaware of any racism.

"If I heard it, I would have stopped it immediately," he said.

He said his management staff is outsourced to Federal Compress, which hired the supervisor.

In a statement to CNN, Federal Compress said it has a zero-tolerance policy on discrimination, and the supervisor was fired after an investigation.

Whatever, this is America, you should be able to say what you want, FREE STERLING!!!!

There is a difference non-simple minded folks can discern. Sterling was in private with his hoe. This dude is being blatantly discriminatory and if he's not joking around that's a very hostile workplace and he deserves to be fired.

Back