And Jose Aldo is next. Mark my words.

Aldo has looked better with every fight maybe not quite as exciting but he keeps getting better, Barao was clearly off tonight whether it was because he didn't take dillshaw seriously or he was injured it has no bearing on how Aldo will prepare.

Aldo still stood up. What makes you think Aldo wouldn't have just wall walked up anyway?

Never seen anyone able to hold Aldo down.

But bro Hominck took him down in the 5th and destroyed him passed his guard and nearly finished him ;)

Aldo has looked better with every fight maybe not quite as exciting but he keeps getting better, Barao was clearly off tonight whether it was because he didn't take dillshaw seriously or he was injured it has no bearing on how Aldo will prepare.

PFFFFTTTTTTTTTT yeah sure dude.

The Aldo that beat Faber would beat the shit of the Aldo that beat the Korean Zombie, easily.

PFFFFTTTTTTTTTT yeah sure dude.

The Aldo that beat Faber would beat the shit of the Aldo that beat the Korean Zombie, easily.

Nope Aldo is technically and defensively a better fighter now. Funny you bring up the Aldo that broke his foot in the first round as proof that he is worse though.

Nope Aldo is technically and defensively a better fighter now.

Uh, no dude, he most certainly is not.

You can have your opinions, but in what world is going from defeating all of your opponents in explosive fashion without ever getting tagged to getting beat up and gassing while defeating them considered becoming a better fighter?

Aldo still stood up. What makes you think Aldo wouldn't have just wall walked up anyway?

Never seen anyone able to hold Aldo down.

Yeah no one is gonna hold Aldo down in the first round. No doubt in my mind he would have sprung right back up like he did with the TD that landed just a few seconds after that one.

I hate all the Nationality crap that gets thrown around on here but I do think Mendes can beat Aldo. If Mendes can survive the first two rounds then he can take the decision. I think Mendes has more ways to win as well.

why did it take so long for these predictable threads - disappointed in sherdog

Why do people act like Aldo and Renan are the exakt same fighters?? Just because they're both dominant and train together doesn't mean that they're the same. Their styles are different from each other.
For example, Aldo's boxing is sooo much better, the way he uses the jab is masterful. And let's not talk about Aldos defense which together with Pettis is the best in MMA right now...

I'm not counting Chad out of this fight at all, even if I believe Aldo will win. What I'm trying to say is stop saying Aldo will lose because Barao lost!

Aldo had trouble with hominick and.the Edgar fight was close

He won 49-46 and just weathered a bad last round with no difficulties, as he gassed due to illness. Edgar is one of the p4p best fighters of all time, there isnt a man under 170 that wouldnt struggle with him.

He won 49-46 and just weathered a bad last round with no difficulties, as he gassed due to illness. Edgar is one of the p4p best fighters of all time, there isnt a man under 170 that wouldnt struggle with him.

My point was for.the guy talking about how aldo destroyed everyone he has faced in the ufc.....he is.human....I think he will have his hands full with Chad Mendes in the rematch....not an aldo hater just saying

Terrible match up for Jose, and Jose's looked worse every time he's fought since the Faber fight.

Chad Mendes has looked amazing, and is going to put the hurt on this guy.

All American champs soon.

Let Aldo fight killers like Cody McKenzie and Clay Guida and he'll look amazing as well.

Barao's lose will be a wake up call for Aldo. Mendes is going to get hurt.

(And Brazil is in the Americas. Basic geography FTW)

Last edited:
I'm definitely not counting out Mendes, just like i didn't count out Dillashaw(i thought he would give a good fight but still get finished by Barao) but Aldo is a different fighter. He has better, technical boxing than Barao and better defense imo.

Lol Brazilians are American now? (Yes I know Brazil is located on the continent of South America). But most Brazilians are very nationalistic, I doubt any would like to be called "American". Countries people, not Continents.

If chad is aggressive but also very tactical about his striking like tj was I think he has a good shot

Last Night was a Wake up Call for Aldo.
He Will be ready.

All american champions soon, yeah great. You're still a piece of shit.

Back