Media And here you have it...Why Khabib never struck Gaethje on the ground

I thought that when I was watching the fight, that Khabib didn't feel like hurting Justin. Whether it was because it was his last fight and he didn't wanna go out hurting someone, or some other reason. I got the feeling he just said, "fuck it, I'm just gonna submit him." Now I know. Thanks for this.

I thought that when I was watching the fight, that Khabib didn't feel like hurting Justin. Whether it was because it was his last fight and he didn't wanna go out hurting someone, or some other reason. I got the feeling he just said, "fuck it, I'm just gonna submit him." Now I know. Thanks for this.
Did you see how marked up Justin's face was after the fight? Khabibi def layed hands on him.

Again, I love Khabib and he's my GOAT (can't seem to pass a moment in Sherdog nowadays without spouting the word), but this is the same type of BS that Pacquiao and his camp were giving to the media after fights - that there was no KO because Pac was taking it easy on opponents.
I don't believe it for one second. Once the cage door closes I'm pretty sure even the nicest guys would want for the whole thing over and done with in their favor, and KOs/submissions are the shortest route to that.
GOAT figured the easiest and quickest path to victory was a submission. That's that.

Justin not only stuck by him while cutting, he was pulling him out of the bath when his team-mates couldn't. You can see he legitimately was grateful for the help his opponent gave unselfishly to him, and never forgot it. Sheesh...

There is a true code between REAL warriors that is never forgotten.

All this talk about how Khabib took it easy on Justin is making Justin look like a bitch, and that's not what Khabib would want.

Again, I love Khabib and he's my GOAT (can't seem to pass a moment in Sherdog nowadays without spouting the word), but this is the same type of BS that Pacquiao and his camp were giving to the media after fights - that there was no KO because Pac was taking it easy on opponents.
I don't believe it for one second. Once the cage door closes I'm pretty sure even the nicest guys would want for the whole thing over and done with in their favor, and KOs/submissions are the shortest route to that.
GOAT figured the easiest and quickest path to victory was a submission. That's that.
That's not really what's being said though.

He definitely wasn't "taking it easy" on Justin when he was punching and kneeing him in the head on the feet but when he had him in a vulnerable ground position and could have started reigning down punches he twice chose not to employ any GnP and instead went immediately to the submission.

I can believe he did this out of respect but only because he's that good he actually could get to the sub's without setting them up with GnP. That's not really "taking it easy" on an opponent, it's just not doing unnecessary damage when you don't need too.

Maia did that all the time, his ideal victory was submitting an opponent without having to hit them or get hit himself at all and both of them leaving without taking any damage.

Have you been in a fight? Street or competition?

I have, both.

What he said there said everything.

Khabib is a true warrior, as is Justin.

I'll fight you. Never competed, not even in elementary school during PE...Don't believe in competition, violence or self defense but if you want to bang, we can bang bro.

opposed to when he was fighting Conor and was facing a cunt and was super necessary.
Conor McGregor is a much better grappler than Gaethje, Khabib couldn’t do anything in the first when both were fresh(Conor didn’t do much either granted)

Such bullshit, he didnt need to land punches because he immediately went for the subs which were there for the taking.

If he supposedly didnt wanna hurt Gaethje its weird he tried to decapitate him with a flying knee

Last edited:
classy shit, wish this guy would stick around and cement his legacy but I get it.
Nah... His legacy at this point as s champ and martial artist bout solid as can be.
He walks away with us wanting more and he comes out on top as a fighter and person.

Michael Johnson was a whitebelt, and he smeshed him clear to Bolivian, all while carrying on a convo to he and Pink Goof cageside.
MJ looks like Damian Maia compared to Gaethje.

Unfortunately, that was very sad.

Back