And another rapper shot dead

His sound was garbage and his lyrics were even worse. At least King Von knew how to put together a good story despite the auto tune.

I seriously cannot think of a single good song that Duck made.
Well everybody prefer something different.

His rap name was King Von

Now I understand why you laughed. You thought I was "giving him props" by calling him king

RIP Von

Is that better? LOL

Yes and yes, lol

His sound was garbage and his lyrics were even worse. At least King Von knew how to put together a good story despite the auto tune.

I seriously cannot think of a single good song that Duck made.
Also I should clarify, neither artist would make any top 50/100 list of mine. Just when it comes to them both, I preferred duck. Based on the handful of songs I've heard from both. LA Capone was the best drill rapper anyways

Too high profile right now and he's staying off the streets. Guys like King Von are actually out in the streets and shit making moves to promote their business. The hookah lounge he was in is a literal shit hole spot. Someone like Tekashi would never be found there after he snitched on his whole crew.

Let the snitch hype die down, his album sales will start to drop and he'll feel comfortable enough to go out in public in a more reckless manner. That's going to be the moment Tekashi gets himself lit up by some real gangsters.

I worked that industry for years. I've met and worked with pretty much every rapper you can think of from the last decade. There's a TON of real gangsters making money behind all that flashy shit. Tekashi can't make money because he can't go do shows at all these clubs around the world that most rappers do for income. He's not selling dope on the side because he's a snitch. His music after he got released was artificially propped up by curiosity, but that interest isn't going to stick. And of course anyone with credibility in the industry is going to refrain from working with a known snitch.

If you're a rapper you got to keep that shit gangster or your career is over.

I appreciate the insight from someone who is actually from the industry.

I guess the rap game (particularly the trap/drill scene) almost requires these guys to stay connected to the streets.

It's always so sad to see these young guys get snuffed out right when they are on the precipe of mainstream success. Based on what your saying, it seems almost impossible to leave that life behind without compromising your career.

Ps: My entire knowledge of the industry comes from VladTV, breakfast club and the Joe Budden podcast. Forgive me if I say something inaccurate/ignorant lol

Rip King von

Yea yea ik hardly no one knows who he Is or even cares but it is what it is. Dude had a bright future in music but just couldn't leave that thug life behind .

oh noz, not again! Damn you, indifferent world!!! I hate you!

Bored at work and digging into Chicago rap scene. This shit is crazy and captivating.

So is Durk like the Don Corleone of the whole thing?
pretty much he started the label, put them on etc a mentor also as crazy as that sounds. Most them chi raq dudes are real g`s I can appreciate that shit @ least they ain't faking . I like some of their music idc about the rest

Its ironic how the only way young rappers can make headlines is by dying.

Rappers get headlines all the time, what are you talking about?

And if they didn't, how would that be ironic?

Captivating honestly..

No heros, no villains, just gangsters doing gangster shit while putting it all into music and social media..

Rappers get headlines all the time, what are you talking about?

And if they didn't, how would that be ironic?

Haven't seen a young rapper trend on twitter for anything other than dying.

Back