Television Ancient Apocalypse on Netflix. Thoughts?

I think we have an incomplete record of some historical periods through lack of record keeping and lack of discovery. I think playing devils advocate is a good tool for staying skeptic as we make new discoveries. However I do not think it is a substitute for the scientific process ,critical thinking, or reason. Of course modern history doesn’t believe what hasn’t been uncovered or proven; it doesn’t make you a martyr. The sites they show on the program are pretty cool though.

I just find that when something is considered so controversial as an idea it makes sense to see a few sides of the situation to help me determine my own thoughts.. kettlebells working or not is one thing, but constantly claiming archaeologists are full of shit is pretty fuckin ballsy.

A kettle bell is just a one sided dumb bell. It's worse than a barbell because it is more unstable than a bell bar, just like how machines are worse than a barbell because they are more stable than a bar bell. The barbell was designed by god with us in mind.

Dude is a journalist (storyteller), not a scientist. The things he's been right about were just guesses where he got lucky.

Rogan is a sucker for quack science.

A kettle bell is just a one sided dumb bell. It's worse than a barbell because it is more unstable than a bell bar, just like how machines are worse than a barbell because they are more stable than a bar bell. The barbell was designed by god with us in mind.
kettle-bells-workout.gif

below parellelness is next to godliness imo

Last edited:
Loved it. Giants and space serpents, oh my!

I like that Quezacotl had similar stories all around the world, just like he great flood myth.

I am honestly wondering about the Titans/Annunaki. How insane it is if the proto-humans were actually giants?

I just find that when something is considered so controversial as an idea it makes sense to see a few sides of the situation to help me determine my own thoughts.. kettlebells working or not is one thing, but constantly claiming archaeologists are full of shit is pretty fuckin ballsy.

I guess but I have found myself astonished many times by experts of one kind or another. Jack Lalanne was against warming up before workouts and claimed that tigers and bears don't need to warmup. I thought, "how can a guy so influential and knowledgeable say something so stupid?" Well, his rep was his rep, all I can say is that 95 percent of the times I've injured myself, it was because I rushed past warming up. The experts aren't always right and even if they are, they might be right for themselves and wrong for you.

I guess but I have found myself astonished many times by experts of one kind or another. Jack Lalanne was against warming up before workouts and claimed that tigers and bears don't need to warmup. I thought, "how can a guy so influential and knowledgeable say something so stupid?" Well, his rep was his rep, all I can say is that 95 percent of the times I've injured myself, it was because I rushed past warming up. The experts aren't always right and even if they are, they might be right for themselves and wrong for you.
I'd be inclined to go with those doing scientific research over anecdotes, i've heard people say smoking cigarettes benefitted them in running marathons and taking cocaine is great for sprinting .
<EdgyBrah>

Graham just from an armchair non-expert POV comes across bitter and agenda based a lot of the time(I don't find this professional), I find it hard to not just from a personal level naturally look for criticism when one seems so biased in his ways, literally every episode he's like "Archelogoist would have you believe that this a Frog, but i've looked at it for a long time and it's obviously not a frog" ..
frog-hat.gif

It's in fact a Frog that a hooman in the ICE AGE put a MODERN hat on teh fwog.. Who taught the Hooman how to do that?

ALIENS
200.gif

Last edited:
Hancock thinks that the pyramids might have been built using a lost 'sound technology' where Egyptian priests would generate special frequencies that would make the enormous blocks float, and move into place...

<{hfved}>

I'd be inclined to go with those doing scientific research over anecdotes, i've heard people say smoking cigarettes benefitted them in running marathons and taking cocaine is great for sprinting .
<EdgyBrah>

Graham just from an armchair non-expert POV comes across bitter and agenda based a lot of the time(I don't find this professional), I find it hard to not just from a personal level naturally look for criticism when one seems so biased in his ways, literally every episode he's like "Archelogoist would have you believe that this a Frog, but i've looked at it for a long time and it's obviously not a frog" ..
frog-hat.gif

It's in fact a Frog that a hooman in the ICE AGE put a MODERN hat on teh fwog.. Who taught the Hooman how to do that?

ALIENS
200.gif

I get what you're saying, I don't believe "the experts" are always right either. And.., what's more, they can't even agree with each other. Jack Lalanne, pioneer that he was, would be in contradiction of just about everyone else who had similar credibility. Anyone can believe stupid, damaging or useless shit.

I know my analogy isn't scientific as what we're talking about but even the experts can't agree on much. You listen to Neil Degrasse Tyson and Michio Kaku and you'll see they think totally different.

Hancock thinks that the pyramids might have been built using a lost 'sound technology' where Egyptian priests would generate special frequencies that would make the enormous blocks float, and move into place...

<{hfved}>

I found that american old fat guy who believed the same stuff more believable. Somehow, they think a civilization can just erase itself in the matter of tens of thousands of years, that's the part that I don't get. I doubt if our civilization collapsed today, we wouldn't leave signs 50,000 years from now and on.

It's possible but he seems to cherry pick info and presents things as proof when they are inconclusive. And then if other tests show his data is wrong it's a conspiracy to keep the established history.

I read Von Daniken and Hancock seems to follow in that line. Both cherry pick their "data" and think anyone who differs is part of a conspiracy instead of trying to explain their position. I've watched many programs on ancient technology found in melting ice, in jungles or underwater that were covered centuries ago. The technology they find are generally fairly linear.

Here is one on hunting Caribou that covers 4,000 years.

Timestamp: what in the actual fuck?

Lmao I already knew the part you were referring and I had the same reaction.
I've heard in the past when giants roamed and fought one another they used to do the same thing. Idk maybe it's a take the power of your defeated foe type of thing.

Lmao I already knew the part you were referring and I had the same reaction.
I've heard in the past when giants roamed and fought one another they used to do the same thing. Idk maybe it's a take the power of your defeated foe type of thing.

Maybe that's why they aren't around anymore.

<36> <DCrying>

Not watching that shit BUT there was some nerd who was critiquing Pavel Tstatuline on YouTube and was trying to "debunk" his system. I found it funny everyone who uses the kettlebells and pavel system find great success but this fucking nerd on YouTube who looks like shit is critiquing pavels understanding of some shit even though it 100% worked
Pavel's work is good but he is sort of a fr@ud. Maybe fr@ud is too strong of a word. He is really good at compiling older training methods from other people and adding stuff like comrade in his books. He brought a lot of old school European and American stuff back to the mainstream but repackaged under the Soviet spiel. He was promoting the warrior diet way before the intermittent fasting diet became popular. A lot of his stuff like books, certificates and bells were overpriced. He was the first guy to popularize it in America. I don't think nothing he promoted was original(I might be wrong since I haven't really followed up on him for more than a decade and he is doing his own thing with Strongfirst) and he plagiarized some of his work.

I don't believe he is a master of sports in kettlebell. There is also some other weird stuff like being a teenage trainer for the Russian special forces that were heading to Afghanistan. I believe some of his original students had a huge fallout with him because one particular guy went to Russia. They sort of discovered he wasn't involved in the kettlebell scene over there. It doesn't mean he is a bad trainer though. He just embellished a little to get his foot in the door. Maybe it isn't his fault. It might be the publisher and he is playing a character for the books.

Haven't watched it yet but likely will in a few weeks. The house is being worked on and the TV with Netflix is covered up. It is the type of show I'd likely enjoy.

Read this last week ~

The Lying Media Told Me Not To Watch Netflix’s ‘Ancient Apocalypse,’ So I Did
‘Ancient Apocalypse’ scares the media because it sets a threatening example for viewers to begin questioning authority in other realms.

https://thefederalist.com/2022/12/0...o-watch-netflixs-ancient-apocalypse-so-i-did/

Back