Anastasia Yankova makes U.S. MMA debut at Bellator 161

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by MMALOPEZ, Aug 4, 2016.

1. MMALOPEZ

MMALOPEZ Gold Belt

2. Meathead Jock

Meathead Jock WAR ASKREN

3. Feniamin

Feniamin Brown Belt

Yankova is lucky that American public doesn't care much about her. For those who don't know she fought for White Rex, Russian promotion connected to neo-nazis. They selling merch with nazi stuff (swastikas, 14/88 etc) and also I think they donate part of their profit from selling merch or from shows to "right-wing political prisoners" (neo-nazis that spend time in jail and prison for murders, terrorism and stuff).

Hi-Tech likes this.
  4. Lucifer Alpha

Lucifer Alpha The Catastrophe

Yea but she's hot.

Brodels, Noxcho18, ssBaldy and 2 others like this.
  5. MadCroissant

MadCroissant White Belt

She is hot but dumb and can be a real bitсh sometimes

6. JimGunn

JimGunn Silver Belt

7. Daniel4802

Daniel4802 Brown Belt

Veta Arteaga looked like Josh Barnett at her last weigh-in. She should really fight at 115 or even 105.

8. VIP1349

VIP1349 Silver Belt

Bellator don't even pretend like they aren't promoting girls only cause of their looks. They don't even try to hide it.

9. cheesus

cheesus Silver Belt

Already done a cum.

Mob69 likes this.
  10. Hi-Tech

Hi-Tech Slavic Fighter Double Yellow Card

I think that would actually make her even more marketable in the USA. Any publicity is good publicity when you're a fighter and if you're a heel you make even more money. Nazi villains sell, especially if they're hot blonde women.

Also, I think that with the influx of Eastern Euros in MMA you'll see more and more fighters with dubious neo-Nazi links, it's common that you see people with neo-Nazi tattoos or T-shirts in the gyms here. All those crazy football hooligans you see in those large group fights now train MMA and they're mostly leaning to the far right. In Eastern Europe some sort of straight edge neo-Nazi gym culture is developing

I recently saw this video, it seems that these guys are connected to White Rex too:

One of the guys in the video Sergey Badyuk is actually quite known, he's heavily involved in Russian MMA scene

I wonder how they're able to be so open about it when Russia has such strict anti-fascist laws and Putin is cracking down on them.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  11. Feniamin

Feniamin Brown Belt

Also Timofey Nastyukhin fought for White Rex too (from what I understand it's kinda funny, because I think even here someone mentioned that he have Buryat roots).
    Volkov (ex-Bellator HW champ) mentioned that he trained with Maxim Bulakhtin. Bulakhtin is known as right-wing football hooligan and I think he spend some time in jail/prison for murder/manslaughter of Tajikistani guy.
    Well, from what I understand most neo-nazis (like big and famous individuals and groups) in Russia currently controlled or have connections to politicians/police/FSB and stuff. And in the past it wasn't rare for neo-nazi guy involved in crimes to be connected to government (some guys had parents in police, others were students at FSB academy).

12. Hi-Tech

I think this whole neo-Nazi thing in Russia is more a subculture than anything else, I doubt they're that organized, it's just seen as rebellious by the youth and they copy that image to look tough and badass. I think these MMA fighters don't care about politics and just stumble upon some neo-Nazis who're involved in the local MMA scene. Maybe some friend of a friend is a Nazi and offers them to fight at White Rex and they accept because they're fighters not because of any ideological reasons. IMO it's not fair to accuse everyone who fought at White Rex to be a Nazi but it's obviously suspicious and this sort of thing would be much more problematic in the West.

I wonder how Americans would react if some of those neo-Nazis makes it big as a fighter in the USA and then promotes his views Ali-style.

Hell I even noticed that one of my favorite fighters Lomachenko recently had a celtic cross which is a neo-Nazi symbol on his gloves recently, would be quite shocking if he's connected to some right wing extremists. It really left my puzzled as to why he would show that and it's even more weird that no one commented on it.

[​IMG]

manboy<3 likes this.
  13. leto1776

leto1776 Sherdog Wet Shaver Platinum Member

Meh, when you're coming up in MMA, you have to take fights where you can get them. In that part of the world, it seems people promote MMA for reasons not entirely related to sports. Remember the OPLOT thread last month?

Not say these fighters are or are not part of these groups, but let's not just make assumptions based on fighters fighting and tiring to get paid.

I wouldn't think much of it. It's one of many innocuous symbols that hate groups will try to adopt as their own, like Thor's hammer, etc. if the Celtic cross is a symbol of hate, then half the people at American Rennaisance festivals are neo-Nazis

14. Kingz

Kingz Gold Belt

Do they only hire neo nazi's to fight for them? As long as she isn't a murderer, terrorist, and stuff it probably shouldn't matter if she's far far right. Let her be. Every other end of the political compass seems to allow radicalization without concealment in this era...seems likely with how divided everything is right now that extreme right wing ideas would become more overt and less susceptible to censorship and shaming(which is impossible when said groups have no shame and grow in numbers)...which they have. Especially in Eastern Europe. Not so much in the States but i'm sure the girl will be fine. She doesn't appear to be a political mouth foamer and i don't think fighting for alleged neo-nazi's makes one a neo-nazi. A gig is a gig. If this group was so dangerous(physically or ideologically) then i doubt she(or any other of these white rex fighters) could get a visa to fight in the United States...just like it seems every fighter the slightest bit affiliated with Shamil Zavurov can't get licensed to fight in the U.S.

Fair enough.

15. Hi-Tech

Yeah that promotion she fought for aren't some social outcasts like some drunk skinheads, they appear legit and why should an MMA fighter who is interested in fighting only research their past and possible political links.

On the other hand I wouldn't be surprised if the media in the USA make a big deal out of it if she gets more famous, but as I said, any promotion is good promotion for a fighter.

16. Feniamin

Feniamin Brown Belt

I think they have some kind of a rule that non-White fighters are not allowed to fight at their events (people from Caucasus are not White too, but I think at least one guy with Armenian surname fought at their event). Maybe you are right, UFC fighter Alessio Di Chirico fought for them too, but from what I understand Yankova not only fought for them. I thonk there were photos of her wearing their merch or shooting some promo for them.

17. leto1776

leto1776 Sherdog Wet Shaver Platinum Member

You mean like most fighters do when fighting for an organization?

18. Mizkreant

Mizkreant Orange Belt

The White Rex fight is on YouTube. I hadn't seen her fight before. She sucks. She's worse than PVZ. There are some of her muay Thai fights on there too which are just as bad.

19. Feniamin

Feniamin Brown Belt

I'm not 100 % sure but seems like in Russia it's more complicated. Guys in FIGHT NIGHTS merch not only fights for that promotion but also often they are managed by head of the promotion, they train at promotion's gym and sometimes work at that gym (I think Saadulaev is the bjj coach at FIGHT NIGHTS gym, Minakov is the head of FIGHT NIGHTS gym in his hometown or maybe he is the owner of that gym).

20. greenskye23

greenskye23 Blue Belt

Okay the first round was completely terrible but then as soon as the second round starts she hits her oponent with a stiff front kick to the face and drops her with a followup straight left and submits her via a scarfhold armbar how does she "suck"?