Social Anarchy in Venice Beach

JamesRussler

You can call me Jimmy
Banned
Reaction score
John Lydon, AKA Johnny Rotten of the Sex Pistols, is sick of the dirty bums hanging out around his home in Venice Beach, CA.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-crisis-LA-neighborhood.html#comments-6966735

He says they leave needles and poo all over the beach—something he is not a fan of anymore. Some would consider his stance hypocritical, given that he once advocated for “Anarchy in the U.K.”

FWIW, I hear ol’ Johnny is based and red-pilled these days, like most aging punk icons. What do you guys think? Is he a hypocrite? Personally, I think he should pack up and move to Modesto. LA is a fucking shithole.

John Lydon, AKA Johnny Rotten of the Sex Pistols, is sick of the dirty bums hanging out around his home in Venice Beach, CA.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-crisis-LA-neighborhood.html#comments-6966735

He says they leave needles and poo all over the beach—something he is not a fan of anymore. Some would consider his stance hypocritical, given that he once advocated for “Anarchy in the U.K.”

FWIW, I hear ol’ Johnny is based and red-pilled these days, like most aging punk icons. What do you guys think? Is he a hypocrite? Personally, I think he should pack up and move to Modesto. LA is a fucking shithole.
What does anarchy have to do with not wanting to step on needles and shit?

What does anarchy have to do with not wanting to step on needles and shit?
It is a play on Anarchy in the UK, by the sex pistols.

Only cans say “based and red pilled” no on earth in the real world talks that way. That’s for 4chan trolls and other social outcasts.

• Rotten insists he's not part of the 'establishment elite'
Yeah, suuuuure.

Venice beach has always been like that. It still doesn't deter the tourists though.

IDK man, how should an anarchist deal with poo and used syringes?

I believe they should view the anarchy of the poo and needles as needed to result in the social change needed to address why we have poo and needles on the beech.

Real anarchists are very misunderstood.

I don't think most people understand that the circle around the A represents order through anarchy. They don't actually believe in anarchy, they believe you need the anarchy to reset real order.

I agree with this to some extent.

I believe they should view the anarchy of the poo and needles as needed to result in the social change needed to address why we have poo and needles on the beech.

Real anarchists are very misunderstood.

I don't think most people understand that the circle around the A represents order through anarchy. They don't actually believe in anarchy, they believe you need the anarchy to reset real order.

I agree with this to some extent.

Sounds like a permutation of problem -> reaction -> solution

Generate the problem to get the desired reaction to result in the desired outcome.

Causing a bunch of problems can be appealing as the fun part, but most probably wouldn't go beyond that.

Sounds like a permutation of problem -> reaction -> solution

Generate the problem to get the desired reaction to result in the desired outcome.

Causing a bunch of problems can be appealing as the fun part, but most probably wouldn't go beyond that.

Yeah, to me that is the problem with anarchists. There is zero recognition for a need for systems, or the damage done by tearing them down.

We should really start calling social progressives, social anarchists, because all they want to do is tear down systems, and replace them with nothing, or something absurd.

As a anarcho-syndicalist, I admit to wanting to tear down systems, but I think we offer a superior system to replace it with.

Yeah, to me that is the problem with anarchists. There is zero recognition for a need for systems, or the damage done by tearing them down.

We should really start calling social progressives, social anarchists, because all they want to do is tear down systems, and replace them with nothing, or something absurd.

Tearing down for the sake of tearing down, yes there is a big parallel there with todays social progressives.

Are people really still trying to catch Johnny Rotten’s “hypocracy”? Neither him or the Sex Pistols were committed political anarchists. They were trolls. They said naughty words and dyed their hair because it was funny to make old people upset. They weren’t Crass, they were teenagers who found humor in being offensive. It’s exactly like the people who accuse him of “selling out” for doing paid ads, forgetting that the Sex Pistols went on TV and radio interviews specifically to boost the sales of their albums.

Only cans say “based and red pilled” no on earth in the real world talks that way. That’s for 4chan trolls and other social outcasts.
I cant imagine any of the people who use those terms in normal society, like at a bar, on a date, enjoying a day at the beach. I just imagine them all day locked in there hate dungeons typing AOC, REDPILL, CUCK, LIBTARD, CONSERVATARD.

I cant imagine any of the people who use those terms in normal society, like at a bar, on a date, enjoying a day at the beach. I just imagine them all day locked in there hate dungeons typing AOC, REDPILL, CUCK, LIBTARD, CONSERVATARD.

“Come on up from the basement honey, I made you your favorite, tater tots!!!!” -their moms

What do you guys think? Is he a hypocrite?

Nah, Lydon changed his tune after Sid died, the band broke up and he got out from under Malcom McLaren's thumb. He was thoroughly disillusioned with the punk and music scene, hence the infamous "Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?" line he said at the last Sex Pistols concert ever. He was never an anarchist either, he thought it was all bullshit.

A more accurate depiction of both his musical and political worldview can be found in his band Public Image Ltd.

I can't think of many "punk" bands that would bring in Steve Vai to play guitar solos on their songs, but that's exactly what Lydon did.

sex pistols were a manufactured band anyways.

The clash:
joey strummer was a mod (the opposite, kind of, of a punk) until he signed a record deal and turned punk because it was a better business decision. He then stopped talking to all his mod friends cold turkey.

Back