Analysis of Locche: Req for Sinister

I know people in this forum don't like the idea that natural athleticism and reflexes plays a big role in some of these defensive geniuses' success (ie Whitaker and Locche), but I gotta say ...along with superior positioning and skill, Locche's reflexes were unreal.

I know people in this forum don't like the idea that natural athleticism and reflexes plays a big role in some of these defensive geniuses' success (ie Whitaker and Locche), but I gotta say ...along with superior positioning and skill, Locche's reflexes were unreal.
^^^ Quite so....

^^^ All they are missing is "Fist of Nothingness." :icon_chee

KS

I dont think people mind saying they play a big role, as opposed the the insinuation that they play the main role.

I don't believe that would have changed anything. I've been a sparring partner for Pros for quite some time. When push comes to shove I believe all things happen as they're supposed to. What I shouldn't have done, was wait as long as I did in my life to get where I wanted to be.

But no regrets, given where I am and what I'm doing. The whole day of that fight sucked, one of those days where you knew things weren't going to go your way. I've more than earned respect for my abilities in the Gym. In retrospect, fighting wasn't about validating that, as much as it was knowing what I'm asking of my charges when they step out there. There's a few trainers at Tocco's who have never done that themselves, I didn't want to be one of those.

Those trainers who haven't fought, do you consider them good trainers or do you feel their lack of ring experience hurts their ability to coach or impacts their charges willingness to take direction.

Locche had amazing reflexes. One thing that locche did masterfully was his efficiency of headmovement. He had amazing awareness and moved out of range just enough for his opponent to miss.
He is one of my favourite boxers....made boxing an art.

Crazy thing about that Whitaker-Mayweather bout is that Mayweather seems to be the more technically proficient puncher, but Whitaker takes him apart at the things he does best bit by bit. First he takes away his jab until Roger nearly stops throwing it. Then he starts getting on the inside and beating Roger there, after Roger initiates the inside exchanges first.

Those trainers who haven't fought, do you consider them good trainers or do you feel their lack of ring experience hurts their ability to coach or impacts their charges willingness to take direction.

I think there's just something about knowing what is needed to get out there, but not necessarily having been very great at it. It instills a certain amount of patience and preparedness about a person. I have a laundry list of shit to do in preparation. I was always well-prepared with my Amateurs (I've never been one who needs to ask other trainers for shit). But I never want any of them who become Pros even going through the most minute of problems I had to deal with. Some guys are very good at discerning this without ever having been in the driver's seat. But I prefer having been at least once.

Thank you for telling me about this fight i just watched 3 rounds because im going to sleep but its a fun fight willie got the ref pretty hard there lol. i feel like roger's brother is the technical one . I see were your getting at tho didnt he fight jorge paez ? i didnt watch it but i remember someone talking about it isnt paez more of a positioning fighter?

Floyd Sr. is more technical defensively, Roger offensively. Both utilizing the same basic system. Jeff was kind of a blend of the two, however Jeff's problem was more mismanagement than anything else. Paez, well he's Paez. Difficult to describe, but masterful at the art of bullshitting in the ring, very capable of kicking ass, though.

Floyd Sr. is more technical defensively, Roger offensively. Both utilizing the same basic system. Jeff was kind of a blend of the two, however Jeff's problem was more mismanagement than anything else. Paez, well he's Paez. Difficult to describe, but masterful at the art of bullshitting in the ring, very capable of kicking ass, though.

I see who would you prefer as a trainer? i actually have never seen any of jeff mayweathers fights any you would recommend? and i understand theres just some fighters that cant be described lol have you seen jorge paez jr vs omar chavez1 & 2 ? they were some good fights i was in mexico when it happened it was pretty big out there idk if it was in the US im pretty sure it wasnt lol

Back