Analysis of Locche: Req for Sinister

fundamentals =/= basic

I just use the two terms interchangeably just like him (not a Native speaker, mind you, so there are probably cracks in the language that i missed). Still, i'm pretty sure you know what i mean.

I just use the two terms interchangeably just like him (not a Native speaker, mind you, so there are probably cracks in the language that i missed). Still, i'm pretty sure you know what i mean.

Fair enough, most Americans make this mistake too.

But just for the hell of it...
Fundamentals refer to the importance.
Basics refer to how simple/easy it is.

People often think they're interchangeable because techniques and principles that are both fundamental and basic are taught the most and generally more desirable.... because well... they're important and easy to do...

How so? i just see how DLH has his hands down too but not in a defensive or offensive way and either way i just looked for a photo with someones hands down i was bored lol

DLH's hands arent really down. Theyre just not glued to his face. But he's more squared, his legs are straighter, and his weight is over his lead foot while being upright. Not to mention that his head is also right on his middle line. Whitaker's head is over his lead foot, but he's better-positioned to pull onto the back foot (which he did frequently). Center of gravity is lower for better maneuverability, his front hip is activated so he can slip punches using it. DLH's posture would dictate use of his back. And Whitaker's head is already off-center, body at an angle without being too sideways.

DLH's hands arent really down. Theyre just not glued to his face. But he's more squared, his legs are straighter, and his weight is over his lead foot while being upright. Not to mention that his head is also right on his middle line. Whitaker's head is over his lead foot, but he's better-positioned to pull onto the back foot (which he did frequently). Center of gravity is lower for better maneuverability, his front hip is activated so he can slip punches using it. DLH's posture would dictate use of his back. And Whitaker's head is already off-center, body at an angle without being too sideways.

what do you think about locches stance? he seems to be very front foot heavy.

It's hard to analyse reflexes.
Not much video of Locche around anyways.

So much for "no hands, all basic". It is rather funny and appropriate in a roundabout way when you used Pernell Whitaker too, considering the guy is a master of elusiveness due to his extremely firm grasp on boxing techniques and fundamentals.

LOL whitaker may be a master of boxing but what he uses is pretty advanced stuff if everything was basic like you said then you and alot of other people would not be getting hit that often and i know you said extremely firm grasp on boxing fundamentals but most of the stuff he uses is stuff that you dont use unless your really familiar with the sweet science not when your just barely starting

Ohh i see i was thinking that he was squared but i couldnt really tell and i was also thinking wouldnt whitaker have more option's where to hit because hes low he could get the body or he could go to the head but DLH could only go downwards and the body is pretty hard to get idk i just woke up so i cant remember what i was thinking about last night lol

Not much analysis of locche going on lol

I'm gonna get to it. It just takes time. I'm long-winded and I'd have a lot to say about Locche, even with limited footage.

LOL whitaker may be a master of boxing but what he uses is pretty advanced stuff if everything was basic like you said then you and alot of other people would not be getting hit that often and i know you said extremely firm grasp on boxing fundamentals but most of the stuff he uses is stuff that you dont use unless your really familiar with the sweet science not when your just barely starting

He is a master of the craft. And everything he did is off from a very good boxing fundamentals instilled by his teacher George Benton, who was a boxer with old school roots. People may remember him for his flashy bob n weave, but let's not forget the fact that he was an absolute technician who know how to fight well into old age rather than a guy whose success based on athleticism.

He is a master of the craft. And everything he did is off from a very good boxing fundamentals instilled by his teacher George Benton, who was a boxer with old school roots. People may remember him for his flashy bob n weave, but let's not forget the fact that he was an absolute technician who know how to fight well into old age rather than a guy whose success based on athleticism.

You know he is kind of right. Whitaker is using advance stuff and he did get away with a lot of stuff normal people can't. But his stance and tactical mindset stem from great classical boxing fundamentals.

You know he is kind of right. Whitaker is using advance stuff and he did get away with a lot of stuff normal people can't. But his stance and tactical mindset stem from great classical boxing fundamentals.

Of course, i'm just merely saying that even though his moves are advance and not exactly replicable in mass number, it had a solid foundation in classical boxing fundamental which allowed him to do so.

Of course, i'm just merely saying that even though his moves are advance and not exactly replicable in mass number, it had a solid foundation in classical boxing fundamental which allowed him to do so.

He has alot of knowledge about boxing hes a master of boxing but he is so talented that most of the stuff he does is extremely advanced to the point where you have to be pretty smart to see the basic stuff that he uses. I feel like the reflexes and awarness that he has is most of the reason that he could do all of this and the knowledge that he has puts him in a better position to a better position to a better position .

Correct, You said it better than I could of.

No, Sweet Pea's style is not a facilitation of his reflexes. Benton called Pea his "materpiece" for a reason, Pea just stands out because he almost never fought anyone in those divisions with as much technique based on positioning. Early on, he faced Roger Mayweather, and they had a very fantastic technical War.

No, Sweet Pea's style is not a facilitation of his reflexes. Benton called Pea his "materpiece" for a reason, Pea just stands out because he almost never fought anyone in those divisions with as much technique based on positioning. Early on, he faced Roger Mayweather, and they had a very fantastic technical War.

Thank you for telling me about this fight i just watched 3 rounds because im going to sleep but its a fun fight willie got the ref pretty hard there lol. i feel like roger's brother is the technical one . I see were your getting at tho didnt he fight jorge paez ? i didnt watch it but i remember someone talking about it isnt paez more of a positioning fighter?

Whenever I think Pernell , I always remember him pulling down Roger Mayweather's shorts and then Roger dumping him with a huge shot.
Roger Mayweather was a hard , hard man !

Back