Analyse this! (Sprinting)

aljeffery

White Belt
Reaction score
Analyse this! (Sprinting)

Today I tried out sprinting with my younger brother, am 23 and he

Just keep sprinting but have longer rests (since your looking for speed not recovery).
The fact that you are powering out of the start and then dying means you don't have the stamina for the distance but have the strength (indictated by the lifts).
I am not a sprinter so I can't really comment about the upper body thing, but that doesn't sound right. It just seems that even though he isn't as strong, he has more stamina (from the lower weight I would gather) so when your dying he just sails by because he lasts longer. He may just be focusing on the arms and not realise that they have sweet F.A to do with it (but thats my opinnion).
I think cocksprinter would be your best bet really, he is a sprinter after all.

How longs it taking btw, 100m is like 12-15s (depending on fitness).

You'd be surprised in the differences people use the word for stamina.
Playing football and running long distances is a much different energy path way then sprinting

Running long distance will help your stamina more than playing some soccer.

cocky, when I'm doing this craze that is guerilla cardio, I may get out 130-150 m, what would that be training?

Not strength, but speed endurance?

its like doing an extreme intensive tempo workout. im highly against HIIT and guerilla cardio. if you sprint it will kill your speed, and theres no real reason to do it otherwise. normal tabatas are better imo. so in your workout youre not really training anything. you might get a good aerobicc workout, but thats it. the speeds will be too slow to really work lactic tolerance.

can you specify what you mean by normal tabatas and for lactic tolerance what would be better do you think, 400m sprints?

i mean using the tabata protocol for lifting or bodyweight exercises.

for lactic tolerance, it depends on your goals. in the sprinting world, intensive tempo and special endurance 2 are best for lactic acid tolerance. intensive tempo is usually 80%+ intensity, with 800-2000m total running and up to 5 minutes rest. special endurance 2 (SE2) is sprints over 300m with maximum recovery (30minutes ish) and 95%+ intensity. SE2 isnt really applicable to other sports as much though, so thats why tabatas are good. if you use progressive resistance you should be able to keep your body adapting.

Back