anaconda's latest tournament :(

I would say your biggest victory was not losing to the guy in the first vid....im sure no one at your academy would ever stop making fun of you losing to a guy in that gi....WTF was he thinking?????? lol

heh, I think he trains with KennyFromMD so you can ask him about the gi.

When I saw him I told my instructor "If I lose to someone wearing a gi like that I quit bjj." lol.

He was a cool guy though I talked to him a little afterward. Just a weird and ugly gi.

where do u train? cuz i mite kno of a decent judo school, around me we got Edson Carvalho...who is dirty at judo :p

Good matches. You've got nothing to be embarassed about, those were excellent fights. I like that you went for some new stuff, things you were not comfortable with yet (like that judo throw where you got countered).

where do u train? cuz i mite kno of a decent judo school, around me we got Edson Carvalho...who is dirty at judo :p

I live in Reston and train in Sterling, Va. Let me know.

Good matches. You've got nothing to be embarassed about, those were excellent fights. I like that you went for some new stuff, things you were not comfortable with yet (like that judo throw where you got countered).

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I did learn a lot from this competition too, and I'm fired up to start training again and competing hopefully soon.

Yeah Josh is just goofy. Thats the only explanation about the gi haha. He just thought itd be funny. Im into it. Same reason I roll in pink shorts most of the time I guess.

And about the posture... I had the same guy the next round. He plays a real tight closed guard-overhook game. He tries to threaten with collar chokes to trick you into sitting up to set up the triangle/armbar combo... Im a fairly new blue belt but I was in the same position as you, staying down and defending while trying to fish my arm out. Getting posture too early would have just been walking into a sub I feel like... Our match got stopped on accident so I lost anyways, while I was up 2-0.

Everyone has good days and bad days. I can relate. You did good man in that first match against the tie-dye guy. I thought you could have finished that choke, though. You should have tried a snap-down in the second match. He countered well. HAHA CTFO.... Just kidding. Sucks you got choked out. It happens so don't sweat it. I don't know if I would have continued if I was choked out. Good courage proceeding to the absolute bracket. Nice armbar in the first match. I bet that felt good. But because of how things went in the previous division, I'm not surprised you gassed. It happens, no worries. Just train harder for the next tournament, and watch your neck. Nice job in both matches you won, and good luck in the next competition bro!

Everyone has good days and bad days. I can relate. You did good man in that first match against the tie-dye guy. I thought you could have finished that choke, though. You should have tried a snap-down in the second match. He countered well. HAHA CTFO.... Just kidding. Sucks you got choked out. It happens so don't sweat it. I don't know if I would have continued if I was choked out. Good courage proceeding to the absolute bracket. Nice armbar in the first match. I bet that felt good. But because of how things went in the previous division, I'm not surprised you gassed. It happens, no worries. Just train harder for the next tournament, and watch your neck. Nice job in both matches you won, and good luck in the next competition bro!

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

Plan on coming down and training/competing around here anytime soon?

Depends. I just spent a ton of money training in Philly. We will see what happens in the summer.

Yeah Josh is just goofy. Thats the only explanation about the gi haha. He just thought itd be funny. Im into it. Same reason I roll in pink shorts most of the time I guess.

And about the posture... I had the same guy the next round. He plays a real tight closed guard-overhook game. He tries to threaten with collar chokes to trick you into sitting up to set up the triangle/armbar combo... Im a fairly new blue belt but I was in the same position as you, staying down and defending while trying to fish my arm out. Getting posture too early would have just been walking into a sub I feel like... Our match got stopped on accident so I lost anyways, while I was up 2-0.

Yeah he seemed like the goofy type, but a nice guy nonetheless.

Usually Im very good at posturing from closed guard and collar chokes dont really threaten me - but after that last fight I was a little paranoid :)

Hows it going with the money for the Pan Ams? Still plan on going?

Either way, I'll prob see you again at one of the local tournies. Bring cookies!

why didnt you tap when you were getting choked?

did you almost have an escape but took to long?

Yeah he seemed like the goofy type, but a nice guy nonetheless.

Usually Im very good at posturing from closed guard and collar chokes dont really threaten me - but after that last fight I was a little paranoid :)

Hows it going with the money for the Pan Ams? Still plan on going?

Either way, I'll prob see you again at one of the local tournies. Bring cookies!

Haha you got Josh pretty much figured out. Goofy, but a real nice guy and a good friend. Always a good time.

Yup, completley paid for. Turns out that people are awesome and willing to help if you put effort into something. Got my plane ticket and Im already preregistered.

And with that guys collar choke, I dont think hed use it to try and finish unless its right there... its to try to bait you into posturing in the overhook so he can snap up a triangle or armbar. I play the same game but with a different collar attack instead of an overhook. http://youtube.com/watch?v=55Furw3gpGE

Back