An undue respect given for MMA media

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by FistofIce**, Sep 22, 2013.

1. FistofIce**

FistofIce** Banned Banned

Putting aside all the over the top statistics that were introduced to MMA over the years, this perceived expertise or some sort of authority given to the MMA Media seems rather unfit and unnecessary.

They weren't really out there writing their articles because they know more about sports more than you and I, some of them, for all i know, haven't even known about sports longer than you and I. It's because they write well, or we assume, even though it doesn't look it when you read some of their stuff.

2. Lee Mir E

Lee Mir E White Belt

It's true.

So many idiots are in key positions and have no idea what they're doing.

3. Fenrir

Fenrir Blue Belt

I read a ton of articles by MMA journalists, just to pass the time. It doesn't seem (though I certainly could be wrong) that they train much so their commentary is rarely useful.

4. AppliedScience

AppliedScience Brown Belt

MMA "journalism" seems far behind other sports.
    The fact that Helwani (among others) is considered an MMA "journalist," by itself, reduces credibility.

5. GoblinGuy**

GoblinGuy** Green Belt

Some of them put Ronda Rousey on P4P lists.

They're morons, by and large.

6. jmd69

jmd69 Brown Belt

As fighters start creeping into being more if a voice of MMA rather than a skinny guy who's probably never even punched a blow up clown punching bag, then maybe the trend of journalists who really don't know much will shift to more knowledgable people who've actually been there and done that. One can hope current fighter/commentators like Chael, Rashad, Dominic, Kenny, and Stann eventually yank the mic out of Heleani's hands and provide a more authentic viewpoint to MMA journalism and ask the questions at the pressers that make more sense instead of trying to go for the "Enquirer" questions.