An olympic medalist judoka (Ronda) vs a boxer who loves to clinch/hug (Floyd)

Listen, noob. We're discussing actual ideas here, not cheerleading blindly. Either pitch in or pipe down.

I just pitched in with a prediction brah. Come at me brah. I've never fought anyone handicapped before but that won't stop me from beating your senseless opinions out of you brah.

If Marquez wasn't enough, then I'm sure she could clinch him during this exchange, right?

floyd_mayweather_vs_canelo_alvarez_boxing_highlights_fwe.gif

If you don't understand how important footwork is in evasion, then you're doing this discussion a disservice by pitching in.

Floyd and James Toney are not even close to comparable, aside from them both being devensive wizards. toney's game is stand in the pocket and move/counter with feet planted. Also, Ronda's not a shooter, though I'm sure she can execute an ankle pick. Watch moar boxing.

How does she get the armbar? Come on, man. Offer something.

I was thinking via Judo throw set up by clinching, followed by a quick sub against someone who doesn't grapple. I guess I thought it was self explanatory but then again... I guess not

I was thinking via Judo throw set up by clinching, followed by a quick against someone who doesn't grapple. I guess I thought it was self explanatory but then again... I guess not
If you live in a simple world, it's that simple. I see why you think so. Next.

I was thinking via Judo throw set up by clinching, followed by a quick sub against someone who doesn't grapple. I guess I thought it was self explanatory but then again... I guess not

In case you've been asleep this whole thread, the crux of the argument is whether she could successfully catch and clinch him without getting pot-shotted to death. Keep up.

If you live in a simple world, it's that simple. I see why you think so. Next.

I like to call it the "real world". I'd say next, but nobody else from your "camp" seems to be posting

In case you've been asleep this whole thread, the crux of the argument is whether she could successfully catch and clinch him without getting pot-shotted to death. Keep up.

Pot shotted to death eh? Didn't realize that most of Mayweather opponents, female ones included died after the confrontation. I'll go research, shit you may be right

Again footwork doesn't work against a grappler who closes the distance in milliseconds. Technique beats size. And it's not that Ronda is weakling ffs, Floyd is unfamiliar with grappling no matter for how long he trains he is not going to get used to the core of getting grabbed by a judoka who is used to throw bodies through the air for life. Do you think he will be comfy when the fight starts? He is going to be hesitating to do what he does because he NEVER faced something like that.

I hope you don't mind me butting in, but there are some pretty erroneous points in your argument, such as:

Do you think he will be comfy when the fight starts? He is going to be hesitating to do what he does because he NEVER faced something like that,

While it is true that Floyd has never fought anyone like Ronda, it goes both ways. Ronda has not faced anyone near the level of striking Floyd possesses.

when he is thinking where to run, Ronda got already a grip on him. Manny is no grappler, he is a boxer. In that fight Floyd was the grappler. Running away doesn't work against a grappler.

Floyd wasn't and has never been a grappler, what he does is he clinches, and clinching is a large part of boxing, FYI. He clinched, slipped and rolled his way out of Manny's barrages, knowing he could not beat Manny in his game. Again, Floyd used his strength against Manny's weakness, he used the ring and Manny failed to cut him off. He was worried about Manny's speed and power. Something Floyd doesn't have to worry about if he does face Ronda. Man, even the thought of them fighting is cringe worthy.

all ronda has to do is catch and get floyd on the ground once!

why the hell are we comparing MMA to boxing?

MMA >>> Boxing.

get wit the times!
MMA is taking combat sport to the next level. A decent MMA fighter is almost always going to beat a boxer unless that boxer starts cross training.

Floyd may be a man and may have all the advantages of being a man, but inside the octagon, that's an MMA fighters territory. Ronda also gains an advantage in that respect.

I didn't realize sherdog has all these butthutt boxer fans.

Pot shotted to death eh? Didn't realize that most of Mayweather opponents, female ones included died after the confrontation. I'll go research, shit you may be right

Have you ever even seen a fight? You're killing me here, my fucking god.

Because Tim was mainly a striker! Watch his record. Mercer is world class.

In order to clinch you have to close the distance, and in order to close the distance against a an elite boxer you have to avoid strikes. I suggest you read my other posts directed towards you since I explained and elaborated my points there.

all ronda has to do is catch and get floyd on the ground once!

why the hell are we comparing MMA to boxing?

MMA >>> Boxing.

get wit the times!
MMA is taking combat sport to the next level. A decent MMA fighter is almost always going to beat a boxer unless that boxer starts cross training.

Floyd may be a man and may have all the advantages of being a man, but inside the octagon, that's an MMA fighters territory. Ronda also gains an advantage in that respect.

I didn't realize sherdog has all these butthutt boxer fans.

No, actually Sherdog has a ton of new whitebelts that don't know shit about any combat sport. Take yourself, for example.

Have you ever even seen a fight? You're killing me here, my fucking god.

No, I always just cried and hid behind my mother, only you have ever been in a fight so I should not dare and disagree with you. You're right, I give up, concede defeat and humble exit this thread

Every time a new star comes into the mainstream, Sherdog gets a shitload of whitebelts that only know about THAT star. They know less about MMA, and nothing about combat sports.

No, I always just cried and hid behind my mother, only you have ever been in a fight so I should not dare and disagree with you. You're right, I give up, concede defeat and humble exit this thread

There you go, you're learning already. Discretion is the better part of valor sometimes, especially in the face of superior firepower.

there just aren't enough sherdog users who have actually trained/ grappled with girls before. The strength disparity really is that HUGE.

I just can't see a woman even a world champion overcoming that.

I imagine it almost to be like if a man took on a chimpanzee or a gorilla..the strength advantage alone puts even the most skilled man at an immediate disadvantage and improbable odds of winning.

No, actually Sherdog has a ton of new whitebelts that don't know shit about any combat sport. Take yourself, for example.

omg earning a black belt on sherdog forums makes me an elite analyst! let me rub my epeen some more and start spamming more junk :rolleyes:

Back