An olympic medalist judoka (Ronda) vs a boxer who loves to clinch/hug (Floyd)

do you have any boxing background? you do know why boxers clinch/hug their opponents, right? If your answer is "to avoid getting hit in the face by another talented/skilled boxer", then you are correct.

But for some reason i don't think Floyd has to worry about getting hit in the face by Ronda.

She could wind up and step in with the sickest cross, and he'd devour it and laugh. He pulls and pops the right, and she evaporates.

You are pretending again. Athleticism factors TREMENDOUSLY into a situation like this. A dude would have a better chance against Floyd, but do you even footwork? You can't compare Gracie Challenge days to a 2015 matchup of a woman champion in a young sport vs a bigger male champion in an ancient sport, who is regarded as the best of his time. It should be blatantly obvious to anyone who has watched both sports for a decade plus. Manny fuckin Pacquiao couldn't catch Floyd in a ring, and you think Ronda can in a huge cage with no corners? Anything can happen in a fight, and like I said, in an elevator, Floyd dies ugly. In a cage, Ronda has a 1/100 chance IMO.

Again footwork doesn't work against a grappler who closes the distance in milliseconds. Technique beats size. And it's not that Ronda is weakling ffs, Floyd is unfamiliar with grappling no matter for how long he trains he is not going to get used to the core of getting grabbed by a judoka who is used to throw bodies through the air for life. Do you think he will be comfy when the fight starts? He is going to be hesitating to do what he does because he NEVER faced something like that, when he is thinking where to run, Ronda got already a grip on him. Manny is no grappler, he is a boxer. In that fight Floyd was the grappler. Running away doesn't work against a grappler.

Again footwork doesn't work against a grappler who closes the distance in milliseconds.

Again, you're wrong, especially at the level of the game Floyd is at. Factor in athleticism, and you're just flailing in the water here. I'm saying this as a big Ronda fan and Floyd antagonist. I'm thoroughly familiar with grappling and judo footwork. Judoka do not move like fleet boxers. I say this having studied both arts, and I have a deep and abiding love of grappling.

Yes of course all fights start standing but 90% of the time when a grappler gets a hold of a pure striker, it's all done for the striker, even more for a boxer that only has a puncher's chance (a very slightly puncher's chance btw)

I highly doubt a boxer, specially on the level of Floyd only has a punchers chance, if anyone here will be relying on chance, it will be Ronda. She'll bite down on her mouthpiece and hope she won't get knocked out trying to close the distance, which is very, highly unlikely.

Floyd who likes to clinch when things get ugly,

Floyd doesn't like to clinch, he clinches to avoid getting hit, like a fellow poster here already mentioned. Which is the whole idea of combat sports, hitting without getting hit.

and even MORE when you face a grappler that is a judoka or greco-roman wrestler that speciallize on hip throws that you only need to grab the arms for execute their techniques.

I don't think you realize how difficult it is to close the distance on someone with the sole intention to grapple, specially against a high level boxer that is Floyd.

Stylistically this fight is perfect for Ronda and a nightmare for Floyd. Ronda won't stand still in front of Floyd like Tim Sylvia did against Mercer because judokas always look for a grip ASAP. Floyd is serving himself to her for his love of hugging, the perfect position for a judoka to work, arms grabbed, hip throw, position, submission.

If your comparing Ronda to Sylvia then you should also differentiate Mayweather from Mercer. Both Tim and Ray were out of their primes and Ray still managed to knock Tim out.

Again, you're wrong, especially at the level of the game Floyd is at. Factor in athleticism, and you're just flailing in the water here. I'm saying this as a big Ronda fan and Floyd antagonist. I'm thoroughly familiar with grappling and judo footwork. Judoka do not move like fleet boxers. I say this having studied both arts, and I have a deep and abiding love of grappling.

Please show me evidence of a boxer that succesfully kept distance against a grappler.

If your comparing Ronda to Sylvia then you should also differentiate Mayweather from Mercer. Both Tim and Ray were out of their primes and Ray still managed to knock Tim out.
Not to mention Mercer and Tim are both males, and Tim is way bigger & has longer reach than Mercer. Yet, Mercer still knocked Tim out cold.

Floyd is a male and has 4 inch reach over Ronda.

Please show me evidence of a boxer that succesfully kept distance against a grappler.

Please show me a comparable matchup of elite, fleet-footed sniper boxer on a huge mat with a slow, plodding female grappler.

wow this guy really thinks ronda can actually take floyd. the sheer stupidity

My 2 cents. Ronda would defeat Mayweather in an MMA fight. Worth no more than your 2 cents... but also no less. So we'll agree to disagree

Floyd makes MASTERS look foolish with his balance and movement. But sure, Ronda could catch and corner him in a cage after he's had a training camp full of much bigger, faster, and stronger judoka and grapplers.

maywerather-style-im.-2.gif

Not to mention Mercer and Tim are both males, and Tim is way bigger & has longer reach than Mercer. Yet, Mercer still knocked Tim out cold.

Floyd is a male and has 4 inch reach over Ronda.

Yeah, I really don't understand this Oduj guy.

If this conversation were Barao vs Floyd or something, Floyd's got a small chance. but vs Ronda, it's a whole different world.

I just re-read more of the thread and realized that I didn't include enough emphasis on how stupid everybody that disagrees is. So here is my final version of my 2 cents.
Ronda beats Mayweather in an MMA fight and if you disagree then you should throw yourself under the short bus that you take to middle school every weekday, yeah now I'm doing this right

I just re-read more of the thread and realized that I didn't include enough emphasis on how stupid everybody that disagrees is. So here is my final version of my 2 cents.
Ronda beats Mayweather in an MMA fight and if you disagree then you should throw yourself under the short bus that you take to middle school every weekday, yeah now I'm doing this right

Listen, noob. We're discussing actual ideas here, not cheerleading blindly. Either pitch in or pipe down.

Back