An olympic medalist judoka (Ronda) vs a boxer who loves to clinch/hug (Floyd)

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Oduj, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Oduj

Oduj Orange Belt

Yes of course all fights start standing but 90% of the time when a grappler gets a hold of a pure striker, it's all done for the striker, even more for a boxer that only has a puncher's chance (a very slightly puncher's chance btw) and cannot kick or knee when the takedown is attempted for a double or single leg, and even MORE for a boxer of the type of Floyd who likes to clinch when things get ugly, and even MORE when you face a grappler that is a judoka or greco-roman wrestler that speciallize on hip throws that you only need to grab the arms for execute their techniques.

Stylistically this fight is perfect for Ronda and a nightmare for Floyd. Ronda won't stand still in front of Floyd like Tim Sylvia did against Mercer because judokas always look for a grip ASAP. Floyd is serving himself to her for his love of hugging, the perfect position for a judoka to work, arms grabbed, hip throw, position, submission.

2. mjoln

mjoln Green Belt

pls....stop...stop this madness

deweydeucalion and tombombadil like this.
  3. Queen B

Queen B Silver Belt

Floyd only clinches to avoid getting hit

avoid getting hit

avoid getting hit

avoid getting hit

avoid getting hit

deweydeucalion likes this.
  4. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Black Belt

Haven't seen this thread before. Thanks TS.

5. Hans Gercmiov

Hans Gercmiov Titanium Belt

Floyd is better because he has more money.

6. Skydome

Skydome Banned Banned

Respectfully, shut the hell up

7. Weight Thrower

Weight Thrower Orange Belt

Exactly. And Ronda isn't hitting Floyd. This shit is retarded

8. surgeyou1

surgeyou1 Welcome to the Machida Era...Part Deux

He "clinches and hugs" the best boxers on the planet.

He doesn't have to do that shit with Ronda. Ronda isn't taking a single combo.

tombombadil likes this.
  9. WARinsertname

WARinsertname Brown Belt

I despise Mayweather, but this is correct. He will use his footwork to keep way out of trouble until he sees an opening...Which RR will undoubtedly provide quickly and often. If she were a more advanced striker, she could use some of it to her advantage to cut off the cage and seek a bodylock/clinch.

This is one mma vs boxing match that you'd have to be a fool to bet on the MMA participant.:eek:

The difference in speed alone is pretty insane, RR is molasses in comparison. This isn't Couture vs Tony...

To those who say RR's grappling and takedowns will get her the W, I've trained Judo ...I've trained with some women who went to the Canadian national team. The thing is you have to realize there is a HUGE difference in strength and speed compared to a man. They were better technically than I was...MUCH better, but size/athleticism can quickly even the playing field...Or make it so the technique gets overshadowed completely.

PS- Money is a bitch and I hope he gets miraculously KO'd for taking another easy fight.

10. Mixedfights

Mixedfights Silver Belt

Exactly....thats hat he says every time...about anybody or anything.

11. MarleyLynx

MarleyLynx Black Belt

no fucking shit everyone with a brain knows this and only sexist morons deny it lol

12. CrashStitches

CrashStitches Please Cha Cha Cha Banned

This needs banning. Floyd can outrun and jab Ronda for 12 rounds and she'd never touch him. He clinches as a strategic move. You know neither boxing nor grappling. Go away forever.

*EDIT* Actually, stick around and make moar thredsz.

13. Navinabob

Navinabob Orange Belt

She'd win if they fought in a phone booth... not too sure I can pick a winner anywhere else.

tombombadil likes this.
  14. bigpunch

bigpunch Brown Belt

I personally believe in the efficiency of Judo and BJJ

15. vcmmafan

vcmmafan Black Belt

These threads are so stupid

16. Gorbag

Gorbag Banned Banned

I give Floyd a puncher chance but make no mistake about it; Ronda wins for sure 19 of 20 times they fight in the octagon

17. Navinabob

Navinabob Orange Belt

And there is the thing. We really don't see strikers versus grapplers anymore, that does not exist in MMA. For old farts like me we got old Gracie Challenge videos where that actually existed. You'd see strikers who knew nothing on the ground, with a huge size and strength advantage get humiliated by BJJ.

Yeah, Floyd is stronger. But we've seen guys fight with a far bigger size, strength and athleticism difference get tapped.

Yeah Floyd could jab and dance, but if Rhonda didn't have to fear grappling then she could literally run at him. He'd literally be running from her like her touch was death. we don't see that anymore.

Give him 6 months where he can be trained basic defense and I don't think she'd even have a 1 in 20 shot. But today? I keep remembering fights I can actually compare this to and it always goes to the grappler.

18. Slapchoppin

Slapchoppin Brown Belt

he clinches against elite boxer as a defense

Rondas striking isn't even close to being nowhere near that level

he would be able to keep her at the end of his punches and knock her out when she reached out to grab him

19. BigMuffler

BigMuffler Loli is love loli is life!

Ronda would win, but meh topic. Need something fresh like untrained athletic male vs Jessamyn Duke.

20. CrashStitches

CrashStitches Please Cha Cha Cha Banned

He's bigger, stronger, faster, knocks out professional men, and can literally dance around her for 12 rounds. He has enough tech and power to hurt her off his back foot, sting her from angles as she's off balance and huffing from chasing him, and while he's peppering her, she's not seeing to clinch accurately. It would look foolish. If they fought in an elevator, Floyd dies. Anywhere else, Floyd makes her look stupid and sets both the sports back 50 years. I love Ronda and hate Floyd, but stop being so goddfuckingdamn delusional. An athletic world champion man known for elusiveness and precision is not an average dude.