an objective look at Ghitas career

Discussion in 'Muay Thai and Kickboxing' started by ask, Feb 13, 2016.

1. ask

ask Blue Belt

Mourad Bouzidi x2
    Freddy Kemayo
    Sergi Lascenko x2
    Kharitonov
    Zimmerman x2
    Herges
    Ben Saddik
    Braddock Silva

those are the most elite he has fought in his 15 year career. can someone please explain why he didn't go on to achieve all that he should have? bar sem schilt, why did he drop fights to rico and saki? do you see a future for him, if he shall ever return?

2. Snubnoze707

Snubnoze707 High Level

I get my objective looks at Ghita from @Broadcast

SuperLuigi and frystyle like this.
  3. Jeffie

Jeffie Banned Banned

ghita was quite good, but also very overrated by some people. he is basically retired now

4. Broadcast

Broadcast Black Belt

5. Broadcast

Broadcast Black Belt

How I post GIFs?

6. Jeffie

Jeffie Banned Banned

more concerning are his losses to gerges and
    what weird comparisons you make and you dont jhave your facts straight either. hari and gerges fought once and it ended in a dq, they never fought again

ghita's biggest win is zimmerman?

he has no top 5 wins if ya ask me and all he had was potential. he was a bit of a lazy fighter as well, it cost him alot of decisions.

7. Broadcast

Broadcast Black Belt

He has top 5 wins, you foul. He was a top 3 anyway. Moreover, he was robbed at least once against Verhoeven.

8. Nicorette

Nicorette Yellow Belt

Is he officially retired? If so, why? :(

9. Botolf

Botolf Orange Belt

Not a very good example since Schilt - Zimmerman was one of the biggest out-classings ever at top-level. Zimmerman was challenging (considered number 2) for Schilts glory HW-belt and before the fight some people thought of it as a possible changing of guards (mostly because Schilts age, but still). Schilt absolutely battered Zimmerman, and was much more aggresive than usual, for the whole fight, it could have been stopped much earlier. Zimmerman had no chance and I am not sure he hit Schilt once.

10. jj manchester

jj manchester Internets. Serious Business.

i think he absolutely destroys anybody who is not elite level but falls a touch short in the elite fights. His training arrangements have often been a mess and he has also had a lot of chaos in his life outside the ring thanks to his crazy ex and her bullshit.

he wasn't robbed against Verhoeven in either fight imo; at Glory 10 you mean? Rico looked ready to go another ten rounds and i think outlanded Daniel in the fight if i remember rightly. That was a sick fight though. That last 30 seconds when most fighters would coast for the bell, they went at it big time

11. Crimson Glory

Crimson Glory Go Pack Go!

Right click on gif, click "copy image address", click the button above the comment box that looks like a mountain with a sun above it(between the smiley face and the roll of film) and paste image address in the box next to Image URL.

[​IMG]

12. Blazeblack

Blazeblack Blue Belt

Ghita out landed Rico 2 out of three rounds in Glory 10, but he looked sluggish after the halfway point of the fight while Rico was getting sharper and more effective as the fight when on finishing strong and impressively. So no it was close but it was no robbery. Ghita was the kind of guy who could ko anybody and beat some top names like no one else could but he let the rest of his life influence and hold back his career. Rico said it best physically and skill wise they were even the difference was that Ghita would show up mentally weak.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  13. SuperLuigi

SuperLuigi Black Belt

Gave me a good chuckle lol