An Illegal Knee to the Head should be an auto DQ/NC

Depends on the circumstance, otherwise if a losing fighter wants out of a fight he potentially gets a pass.

I also worry about fighters losing using telekinesis forcing the winning fighter to use fouls on them to get out of the fight.

again, you're the one trying to suggest how disadvantaged the fighter is after the blow and the penalty. some guys are able to continue after taking a hard shot and not be compromised.

the rules state that the doctor determines if the fighter can continue.

Did the ref not put Aljo on the spot? Or Anthony Smith, or Struve (against Rothwell)? They do it to these fighters all the time.

Some guys are able to contine, some guys are able to continue and win. They're all comporomised.

Did the ref not put Aljo on the spot? Or Anthony Smith, or Struve (against Rothwell)? They do it to these fighters all the time.

Some guys are able to contine, some guys are able to continue and win. They're all comporomised.
the job of the doctor is to evaluate the fighter. it's literally in the rules. they evaluate the fighter "as to their ability to continue on in the contest". that's their role.

again, what i want, and what i would hope everyone would want, is for the fighter to present themselves to the best of their ability accurately to the doctor.

it seems like some fans for some reason want the fighter to lie and exaggerate. it's puzzling.

I know what you are trying to say. I personally don't think most fans want fighters to lie or exaggerate. But I recognize the reality of the situation which is doctors from what we have seen rely heavily on how fighters present themselves. And from the backlashes we have seen from recent events, we can see why fighters would choose to not present themselves accurately.

Case 1, Sterling, accused by many from all platform to be lying and acting.
Case 2, Smith, not accused by many to be lying and acting.

Why do you think this is the case, I mean without getting into a fighter's head, both Smith and Sterling could have been lying about their condition to the doctor, or both could be telling the truth. Do you think it's because one person continued fighting while the other didn't?

That's why I started the thread that we shouldn't rely at all on fighters to be part of the decision making. It should just be a clear cut rule.

the job of the doctor is to evaluate the fighter. it's literally in the rules. they evaluate the fighter "as to their ability to continue on in the contest". that's their role.

So again, why are the refs asking fighters to choose between continue compromized or be called a coward on the internet for the next 2 years, when there's a qualified professional there to make that evaluation?

Agree OP

ask me if my dong is OK, sure. But not if my brain is ok after taking a illegal knee to the dome. Thats a huge rule no no, and dangerous. Shouldn’t be a question of if they can continue or not. Fight should be stopped.

I know what you are trying to say. I personally don't think most fans want fighters to lie or exaggerate. But I recognize the reality of the situation which is doctors from what we have seen rely heavily on how fighters present themselves. And from the backlashes we have seen from recent events, we can see why fighters would choose to not present themselves accurately.

Case 1, Sterling, accused by many from all platform to be lying and acting.
Case 2, Smith, not accused by many to be lying and acting.

Why do you think this is the case, I mean without getting into a fighter's head, both Smith and Sterling could have been lying about their condition to the doctor, or both could be telling the truth. Do you think it's because one person continued fighting while the other didn't?

That's why I started the thread that we shouldn't rely at all on fighters to be part of the decision making. It should just be a clear cut rule.
the fighters aren't supposed to be part of the decision making. but they are part of the process. they give the feedback to the decision maker.

sterling is being questioned because it APPEARED unauthentic. it appeared exaggerated. if he had simply said he's dizzy, his vision is blurry, he can't feel his face, whatever, it may have come across differently. but there was just more there that gave the appearance of trying to sell it.

So again, why are the refs asking fighters to choose between continue compromized or be called a coward on the internet for the next 2 years, when there's a qualified professional there to make that evaluation?
the qualified professional DID make the evaluation.

c'mon. i just gave more egregious fouls. you cannot with 100% certainty say yan knew aljo was grounded and was just taking a free shot. jones against smith may have been more obvious and that went through as it should have.

He absolutely knew he was down...the ref even told him...and he knows the rules...if your unsure...as a champion and a guy wining the fight you shouldnt throw it...when in doubt ..dont this isnt his first fight

No excuses worst blantant foul in championship history...

Jones should of lost his title too...the fact smith continued or was allowed to was retarded...i said the same thing when that shit went down too...your rewarding cheaters if u dont... Ur basically say hey ...if u want u can throw whatever illegal strike u want and maybe ull lose a point at worse...thats not how rules should work... Especially when your talking about intentional illegal strikes...accidents or impossible to tell fouls like eye pokes or nut shots that just graze...sure dont dq...but if your lining up a field goal someones nut sack then you should be Dq'd...or shooting fingers like jabs then ur done DQ....

Its really not that hard

it's not up to the fighter. it's up to the doctor. the doctor relies in part on feedback from the fighter. it's on the fighter to present themselves accurately.
They ask the fighter, if he says yes, then its up to the doctor.

He absolutely knew he was down...the ref even told him...and he knows the rules...if your unsure...as a champion and a guy wining the fight you shouldnt throw it...when in doubt ..dont this isnt his first fight

No excuses worst blantant foul in championship history...

Jones should of lost his title too...the fact smith continued or was allowed to was retarded...i said the same thing when that shit went down too...your rewarding cheaters if u dont... Ur basically say hey ...if u want u can throw whatever illegal strike u want and maybe ull lose a point at worse...thats not how rules should work... Especially when your talking about intentional illegal strikes...accidents or impossible to tell fouls like eye pokes or nut shots that just graze...sure dont dq...but if your lining up a field goal someones nut sack then you should be Dq'd...or shooting fingers like jabs then ur done DQ....

Its really not that hard
The ref told him he was grounded when his hand was on the canvas. His hand came off the canvas.

And again, its not that they can do whatever they want. If the fighter is unable to continue the fight is stopped and they lose.

true.

the guy is tired and just got blasted in tbe head. he shouldn't be pressured to continue

at the same time its a cheap way to get a title/win

maybe check the scorecards to determine if its a dq or nc

or in a case of title fight, vacate the title

The ref told him he was grounded when his hand was on the canvas. His hand came off the canvas.

And again, its not that they can do whatever they want. If the fighter is unable to continue the fight is stopped and they lose.

Knee down makes u a grounded opponent had nothing to do with the hand...

Yan knows the rules just as me and u both do...u even sent them to me...

Purposeful foul...auto DQ at Refs discretion as it should be...thats a severe foul...the rules say call it and be done with it...based on severity

We shouldnt be putting compromised fighters on the hot seat to make decisions after taking brutal foul shots..

This is a sport...sports have rules...

Opponent should never get a win though, has to be a no contest and a loss for the offender

No way should it be recorded as a win on someone's record

Kindly explain how one guy gets a loss and the other guy doesn’t get a win.

That sounds like some common core math to me.

Kindly explain how one guy gets a loss and the other guy doesn’t get a win.

That sounds like some common core math to me.
Because one guy lost and the other one didn't win

Should be an auto NC with fines associated OR a loss if you were losing on the scorecards.

Has a fighter ever won after being illegally kneed in the head?

It has probably been said already, but Khabib beat Conor after getting illegally kneed in the head. Obviously that was a far less damaging knee though.

Really the knees to grounded opponents rule just needs to be abolished entirely, along with the 12-6 elbow rule.

Back