An Idiot Abroad...

This is a Karl piece that everyone should watch, it was an extra on one of Gervais' standup releases.

"The Chinese don't age well"
"You never see an old man eating a Twix"

[YT]lvReN-poqDY[/YT]

Ive seen them from the debut. Its gold.

I love this show. I need to rewatch. I actually laugh out loud.

The dude is amazingly funny. Love him, and I love how Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant met him in a studio and thought 'jesus Christ, we HAVE to get this guy on TV/podcasts'.

However.

Season 1 was brilliant, absolute comedy gold. After that, it seemed forced for me.

Listen to the Ricky Gervais podcasts (although the audio is the same as the animated show, I find just listening to Karl's little stories much funnier). Definitely one of the funniest things ever created.

Listen to the Ricky Gervais podcasts (although the audio is the same as the animated show, I find just listening to Karl's little stories much funnier). Definitely one of the funniest things ever created.

I began listening yesterday (From season 1). They're funny, but I was surprised how hostile they get towards Pilkington at times

They've fallen out? That's a shame. I loved pretty much everything they did together.

I began listening yesterday (From season 1). They're funny, but I was surprised how hostile they get towards Pilkington at times

Karl did get his own back on Steve a fair bit tho, by making fun of the weird way he looks.

Karl is a fucking genius imo

Karl Steve and ricky are hilarious.
I can listen to the rocky gervais show all day.

I've been a HUGE fan for many years.
The second season of 'The Moaning of Life' is coming out soon.

You should check out the XFM radio show Ricky Gervais did years ago with Steve Merchant.
It was when Karl was first discovered. He was literally just the producer on the show in the first series and barely spoke, but gradually Ricky and Steve realized they had found something amazing and he spoke more and more.
Then basically every single show was all about Karl.

Rockbusters was the weekly quiz he hosted.
Basically he'd give a cryptic clue and then initials of a band or artist, and you had to figure out who it was.
Some of the clues were shockingly bad!

Initials JT
Clue: "At the moment i'm in a river full of logs"
Answer: Justin Timberlake

[YT]jtSi6_kjQPU[/YT]

Well, its not cryptic. Its more like what am I thinking of? You bald manc.

Karl Pilkington on the Ricky Gervais show is one of the greatest comedy things ever IMO! Karl is great and I loved how the three of them interacted with each other. From what I heard, a rift started during filming of Life's Too Short and Karl leaving Derek plus The Moaning of Life and Steve wanting to do other things was kind of the straw that broke the camel's back, which lead to the falling out. Damn shame as they were so good together but I guess thats what happens when money and egos get involved.

Back