An enemy of the state

Sad but interesting how deep the ideological divide has gotten. I saw the thread title, and fully expected it to be about Trump being the enemy of the state. You know, the one who endlessly attacks the free press, called the emoluments clause “phony,” the one who says he has an Article 2 that gives him the right to do whatever he wants. These are blatant attacks on the Constitution and the foundation of our government.
Sadly, some are so fixated on the fact that the strong economy that he inherited has remained that way (for the most part, thank God), and fixated on trolling the opposing party that their content to let this incompetent, dangerous idiot continue on as president. Sad times.

They are desperate to regain power and they are doing everything in their power to make sure it never happens. ;)

The media is the true enemy of the state & people. The political parties will do whatever they can for power. If the media just reported the cold dry boring ongoing of government & let the people decide instead of the 1% of truth vs 99% sensationalism propaganda, things would be more rational for everyone. But that doesn't bring in $$$.

Sad but interesting how deep the ideological divide has gotten. I saw the thread title, and fully expected it to be about Trump being the enemy of the state. You know,attacks the free press, called the emoluments clause “phony,” the one who says he has an Article 2 that gives him the right to do whatever he wants. These are blatant attacks on the Constitution and the foundation of our government.
Sadly, some are so fixated on the fact that the strong economy that he inherited has remained that way (for the most part, thank God), and fixated on trolling the opposing party that their content to let this incompetent, dangerous idiot continue on as president. Sad times.

Aawwwwww, poor journalists, can't be criticized for pushing false narratives, lies, deceit and attacking private citizens who don't fall in line with their ideology. You're right, they should publish whatever they want without any criticism or being held responsible for ruining lives. Poor, poor media.

And I love your point "Sad but interesting how deep the ideological divide has gotten" while going into a TDS anti-Trump tirade. Maybe you should look in the mirror, there bud.

Aawwwwww, poor journalists, can't be criticized for pushing false narratives, lies, deceit and attacking private citizens who don't fall in line with their ideology. You're right, they should publish whatever they want without any criticism or being held responsible for ruining lives. Poor, poor media.

And I love your point "Sad but interesting how deep the ideological divide has gotten" while going into a TDS anti-Trump tirade. Maybe you should look in the mirror, there bud.
I’m not claiming to be an exception from the ideological divide—far from it. Ideologically and politically, I’m the polar opposite of a Trump supporter, and I’d be ashamed of myself if I wasn’t. I’m just commenting on how crazy it is that Americans fully live in different realities.
I also didn’t say the press couldn’t be criticized. They’re often sloppy and sensationalist, and that deserves criticism. But calling them the real enemy of the American people, while simultaneously refusing to confront Putin on election meddling (for example) is inexcusable.
One of the worst legacies of Trump is what we see in your post. Something can be written off as “TDS”—or “fake news”—without ever being critically analyzed, addressed, or refuted. No need to think critically anymore, or deal in facts. It’s going to take America a good while to heal from that, I think.

If we should remove flags that represent racism and slavery then how much more should remove a party that did so much to perpetuate those things for decades.

Don't stop there. White people perpetuated slavery and racism for decades. Maybe we should remove them.

Also you lack of understanding the Southern Strategy while mentioning racism in the US is not a good look.

Don't stop there. White people perpetuated slavery and racism for decades. Maybe we should remove them.

Also you lack of understanding the Southern Strategy while mentioning racism in the US is not a good look.

If we are doing that then we need to remove ALL people because slavery was a global institution since the dawn of man. If anything white people are the ones that did the most to STOP slavery. And the Republican party was specifically created for the purpose of ending slavery in the US, Furthermore the Democrats not only fought to keep slavery, they also imposed segregation and discrimination based on race and gave a very weak showing when it came to passing of the Civil Rights act of 1964, and voting rights act of 1965.

As for the so called "southern strategy" this is a left wing myth intended to smear Republicans. The changes in voting in the south are attributable to values changes and economic interests, not appeals to racism.

https://www.prageru.com/video/why-did-the-democratic-south-become-republican/

And you are missing the point. While I have no special love for the Confederate flag or statues, I also am not shitting the bed over the either. The people who are pushing hard to remove them are just virtue signaling authoritarian jackasses. They are trying to prove their personal virtue and control other people's thoughts by controlling the symbols that get displayed. I'm also sure that this is about erasing their personal shame at being democrats by attempting to erase history that gets displayed in the public square.

The issue with Russia came about due to Hillary's gross negligence while in office. The Democrats turned it around and used it against Trump. They have a history of doing that. The Iraq war was supported by the vast majority of Dems who all later turned it against Bush.

The Democrat party is a true enemy of the state. Liberalism is a cult of hate filled intolerant liers who are so brain washed they cannot think for themselves.

If what you’re putting on display here is your example for thinking for yourself, it only gives more credence to Churchill’s critique of democracy.

Back