An end to the "Ronda fought cans" argument

The splitarse division as a whole isn't great.

giphy.gif

...yeah, A-level competition right there

Here is the fucking Holm-Ronda KO .gif, there you go, like it, you fucking meme sheep.

c781b103de6673a0a52375043bbd8be6.gif

Now onto my point. There has been an argument perpetuating amongst these forums that WBW suddenlly got "Massively improved in quality" ever since Ronda left. I am here to argue that what you are witnessing is merely the illusion of improved quality from a lack of dominant champions. People are now hailing Amanda Nunes as some great WBW fighter, but lets look at the FACTS.

The current WBW 135 rankiings are

Brazil.png
Amanda Nunes

United-States-of-AmericaUSA.png
Miesha Tate

03 Valentina Shevchenko

04 Holly Holm

05 Ronda Rousey

06 Julianna Pena

Cat Zingano

Sara McMann

Canada.png
Alexis Davis

Canada.png
Sarah Kaufman

The first question I would like to ask is, which of these is undefeated? Go ahead, answer. Silent? Oh, that's right. They have all lost at one point so there's THAT.

Current "Amazingly non-can" champ Amanda Nunes has four losses, including Sarah DAleio, Cat Zingano and Alexis Davis (All three which Ronda absolutely destroyed embarrasingly). Oh, wait, you have a counter argument? Suddenly those loses don't count because in the past 2 years she has transformed into a GOAT due to a new camp? LOL, sorry buddy it doesnt work that way.

Next is Meisha Tate, do we have to talk about how Ronda embarrased her twice? When has Meisha not ever been in the mix when Ronda was dominant champ? I guess three times must be a charm because suddenly Meisha is an NCAA champion according to everyone here.

Valentina Shev is sorta a newer upcomer in the scene, and has the right to be considered a top contender. She's the only one I would argue has legitimately increased the competition, but not by a tenfold like Shertards are acting. Although she has lost to Nunes before and had a close fight with Sarah Kaufman (Another "Can" destroyed by Rousey easily"

Holly Holm is the only person to ever beat Ronda, in a fight and in a round. She has a legitimately passive and distance focused style that requires a higher level of striking skill to bridge, plus she's long and strong. However, even SHE lost to Meisha Tate (Dominated by rousey) and Valentina (A smaller striker). In fact, she has never defended her belt, like Tate.

Julliana Pena hardly warrents much for her position, she is your typical fighter that Rousey would fight.

And need I explain how Rousey destroyed the rest of the top 10?? So please explain to me how WBW has improved "leaps fold".

TL;DR: The reality is, people have a personal dislike for Ronda. So they want to tarnish her legacy by claiming she never fought good fighters, which is a cowardly and disrespectful thing to do. The reality is she was a very dangerous force in her weightclass and if she returns will still be. What is the more likelyhood? Suddenly everyone takes their training seriously RIGHT after Ronda leaves, or simply the lack of a dominant champ makes things appear more competitive?
TLDR

11419202_1680260282216576_705684425_n.jpg

U mad bro?

Still a fan of her legit judo skills, not a fan of the person, the boyfriend or the coach. You act like you are revealing something ground breaking though, I think a lot of people feel the same way.

Not sure of the purpose of the thread.

She only fought two of the women ahead of her in the rankings. Beat Miesha twice. Was retired by Holly. Could very well lose to the other two ladies.

It's still a bit of a thin division. Considering there are 3 women higher in the rankings than everybody she beat not including Miesha. I'm just not sure of the point of the thread.

I'm not even sure if any of the first 4 women she beat even fight anymore. So there are cans there for sure... relatively speaking.

they say the same shit about every dominant fighter

fedor fought roided cans on roids
anderson silva dominated a can division
gsp laid on cans
rousey fought soccer mom cans
jon jones fought good fighters that were made cans with age when he fought them

the only non cans in mma are the ones they didnt fight.

I agree, according to the haters the only non cans were the ones they were "ducking", probably from other orgs or divisions
Ronda > Cyborg
Silva > Jones
GSP > Silva
Fedor > Couture or the current UFC champion
Jones > Cain, JDS or the current HW champion

This argument could all be cleared up if Ronda would just come back. It's not like she's old or passed her prime. She just lost once, and then completely broke.

giphy.gif

This is destruction, call it what you will. I can use the "Shit the bed mentally excuse" for any fight. Including Holm

I miss this Ronda. I loved her grappling. I was sad when she fell in love with her terrible striking. I knew it was a matter of time before she would lose. I hope she gets back to her roots.

What's the difference?

Zingano voluntarily made it easy for Ronda. She gave her a gift and Ronda took it.

Like when Overeem volunteered his chin to Big Foot and Big Foot happily obliged by KHTFO.

TL;DR: The reality is, people have a personal dislike for Ronda. So they want to tarnish her legacy by claiming she never fought good fighters, which is a cowardly and disrespectful thing to do. The reality is she was a very dangerous force in her weightclass and if she returns will still be. What is the more likelyhood? Suddenly everyone takes their training seriously RIGHT after Ronda leaves, or simply the lack of a dominant champ makes things appear more competitive?

I think the point here is that WBW was never much cop to begin with.

Ronda has fought and beaten better competition than Cyborg has and it's not even close. People say Cyborg is the GOAT WMMA fighter, but who has she fought? Cyborg is truly better than Ronda, but in terms of competition, Ronda has fought much better opponents and was extremely impressive throughout her entire career besides the Holm fight.

People love to hate on Ronda and I understand why, but I place her higher in all-time WMMA rankings than Cyborg because of the difference in competition. Cyborg is great and all that, but if anybody's fighting 'cans', it's her.

Not sure of the purpose of the thread.

She only fought two of the women ahead of her in the rankings. Beat Miesha twice. Was retired by Holly. Could very well lose to the other two ladies.

It's still a bit of a thin division. Considering there are 3 women higher in the rankings than everybody she beat not including Miesha. I'm just not sure of the point of the thread.

I'm not even sure if any of the first 4 women she beat even fight anymore. So there are cans there for sure... relatively speaking.
She beats them all, Nunes & Shev would get mauled in the clinch and on the mat, Rousey literally does whatever she wants to Pena & Tate. She'd sub Holly if they fought again.

I would argue that the division never was that good and still isn't. The division is still new and the girls haven't evolved to be well rounded similar to the mid 90s of mma.

I will give Ronda credit she is leaps and bounds ahead of her time and her judo, and transitions are phenomenal, with great jitz. The only thing she's not great at is her striking/footwork...She was a dominant champion and could very possibly come back and win the title

I must agree that the top of the division is pretty competitive since ronda left her throne.

tumblr_niqnb4Hklm1smcbm7o1_500.gif
Here is the fucking Holm-Ronda KO .gif, there you go, like it, you fucking meme sheep.

c781b103de6673a0a52375043bbd8be6.gif

Now onto my point. There has been an argument perpetuating amongst these forums that WBW suddenlly got "Massively improved in quality" ever since Ronda left. I am here to argue that what you are witnessing is merely the illusion of improved quality from a lack of dominant champions. People are now hailing Amanda Nunes as some great WBW fighter, but lets look at the FACTS.

The current WBW 135 rankiings are

Brazil.png
Amanda Nunes

Miesha Tate

03 Valentina Shevchenko

04 Holly Holm

05 Ronda Rousey

06 Julianna Pena

Cat Zingano

Sara McMann

Canada.png
Alexis Davis

Canada.png
Sarah Kaufman

The first question I would like to ask is, which of these is undefeated? Go ahead, answer. Silent? Oh, that's right. They have all lost at one point so there's THAT.

Current "Amazingly non-can" champ Amanda Nunes has four losses, including Sarah DAleio, Cat Zingano and Alexis Davis (All three which Ronda absolutely destroyed embarrasingly). Oh, wait, you have a counter argument? Suddenly those loses don't count because in the past 2 years she has transformed into a GOAT due to a new camp? LOL, sorry buddy it doesnt work that way.

Next is Meisha Tate, do we have to talk about how Ronda embarrased her twice? When has Meisha not ever been in the mix when Ronda was dominant champ? I guess three times must be a charm because suddenly Meisha is an NCAA champion according to everyone here.

Valentina Shev is sorta a newer upcomer in the scene, and has the right to be considered a top contender. She's the only one I would argue has legitimately increased the competition, but not by a tenfold like Shertards are acting. Although she has lost to Nunes before and had a close fight with Sarah Kaufman (Another "Can" destroyed by Rousey easily"

Holly Holm is the only person to ever beat Ronda, in a fight and in a round. She has a legitimately passive and distance focused style that requires a higher level of striking skill to bridge, plus she's long and strong. However, even SHE lost to Meisha Tate (Dominated by rousey) and Valentina (A smaller striker). In fact, she has never defended her belt, like Tate.

Julliana Pena hardly warrents much for her position, she is your typical fighter that Rousey would fight.

And need I explain how Rousey destroyed the rest of the top 10?? So please explain to me how WBW has improved "leaps fold".

Btw, TS was Beche a can?

No, Bethe was a grudge match that was built up for over a year and it was hella entertaining from start to finish.

Bethe, in Brazilian, telling Ronda she's going to make her cry after she knocks her out.

ronda-rousey-bethe-carreia-weigh-in.gif

Bethe getting face planted

rousey%20bethe%20ko.gif

Don't cry Bethe

dont%20cry%20bethe.gif

Back