An awesome matchup that people are not talking about...

Filthy Phil

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Is Gregor Gillespie vs Justin Gaethje.

The UFC should give Gillespie a serious test in the top 15, while Gaethje gets to fight Kevin Lee or the winner of Ferg/Pettis. After these fights I feel that these warriors have to fight each other.

What say you, sherdoggers?

As the favored son of Just Bleed God Gaethje needs big names and Gregor is not one.

Not a bad fight, would be good for Gaethje too, think Justin would be offended though coming off a main event knockout to fight another lower ranked guy.

Gillespies wrestling is no joke, but I think Justin might be able to keep this standing long enough to chew him up at this stage of their respective careers and experience levels.

No way Gaethje fights an unranked opponent.

giphy.gif

Not a bad fight, would be good for Gaethje too, think Justin would be offended though coming off a main event knockout to fight another lower ranked guy.

That's why I suggested giving Gaethje a high-profile fight first, whilst also letting Gillespie prove himself against someone like Alexander Hernandez.

The UFC should give Gillespie a serious test in the top 15, while Gaethje gets to fight Kevin Lee or the winner of Ferg/Pettis. After these fights I feel that these warriors have to fight each other.

So if Gaethje beats Lee or the winner of Ferg-Poirier he should fight Gregor Gillespie? That doesn't seem to make much sense...he'd be in the hunt for a shitle tot.

Meh. Gillespie aint ready for Gaethje IMO.

He should get a step up in competition and co headline a fight night card. Possible opponents IMO

Beneil Dariush
Joseph Duffy
MIchael Chiesa (tough matchup for him probably a long shot)
Dan Hooker
Alexander Hernandez

I really like the Joseph Duffy and Alexander Hernandez matchups.
I can see some nice UFC embedded or countdown type videos being put together for them.

Ok, I might have been a bit hyped when I wrote this.

I will say this though - I HOPE that they meet in the future, and that Gillespie gets to climb the rankings fast enough to fight Gaethje in his prime.

I can't believe Gregor is 31, I thought he was like 25 for some reason

wtf

There is nobody ranked above Gillespie who is jumping to get a match up with him....It's going to be really tough to find him an high ranked opponent.

Ok, I might have been a bit hyped when I wrote this.

I will say this though - I HOPE that they meet in the future, and that Gillespie gets to climb the rankings fast enough to fight Gaethje in his prime.

Its a great matchup but probably a little much for Gillespie right now.. not saying he couldnt win .

Hell Gaethje and Gillespie vs any top 15 LW's are great matchups TBH. They're exciting fighters to watch in different ways

I'd like to see Gillespie fight Alexander Hernandez or Joseph Duffy... And it could Co-headline a UFC fight night card.

Gaethje has a lot of great matchups. The loser of Ferguson vs Diaz, for example.

All the more reason orgs need a ranking system that then applies directly to fights. I have posted about my preference for the pyramid. Champ is top, every level can challenge or be challenged from the two rows directly above/below it. The champ could have 5 viable challengers. Maybe have 6 levels (21 ranked fighters) and then you fight to get into row 5 or 6. After 2 wins, you MUST accept a fight from a lower ranked fighter.

Good fight but I don't see it happening

I think they are gonna look after Gregor and bring him on slow

Gillespie vs henandez would be fire

What a weird matchup.

Either Gillespie is able to get him down for 3 rounds and win a boring decision. And you just wasted the most exciting fighter in the game getting humped for 15 mins.

Or, Gillespie can’t get him down and gets absolutely murdered standing. And you just ruined a hot prospect.

Not good.

Gillespie is the bomb, but he needs more time. Gaethje's anti wrestling would spell problems, but there are definitely other top guys Gregz would steam roll, like Barboza.

Back