Opinion An AR-15 in every school

Those aren't mutually exclusive at all.

So its not easier to use but also its so ergonomic that its easier to use for lots of people?
<WhatIsThis>

I didn’t say that. I said it wasn’t easier to shoot than any other rifle. There are a multitude of rifles that offer ergonomic features to make it suitable for a wide variety of users.

It's very easy. Many of these nuts use this as their first gun they ever shot. Easy to mow people down with the easy control .

The implication that it’s any easier to use than any other weapon is erroneous. It’s the one you are familiar with and the one that has been used as the proverbial boogie man for the anti gun crowd.

Last edited:
...i see the mod's spin is effective.

(it's not even the third most common. which was already explicitly stated and thoroughly proven, breakdown and all)
Isn't the number something in the region of 20 under 17s are killed by gun shot every day in America? That gives you somewhere around 7000ish annually.

That is a huge problem. Death by gunshot shouldn't really be in the discussion around why kids die.

Isn't the number something in the region of 20 under 17s are killed by gun shot every day in America? That gives you somewhere around 7000ish annually.

That is a huge problem. Death by gunshot shouldn't really be in the discussion around why kids die.

I provided data for 2020 here in this post.

Yet again . . . ARs aren't military weapons. And you don't see how stupid and dishonest it is to call an AR a weapon of war then argue that it's so easy to use that anyone can use it? Come on man.

Surely you've seen those former military folks invoke this magic training that they've received as granting them some superior opinion on what civilians should or shouldn't own haven't you?
I never said ARs are military weapons. The point is that these guns are easier to use compared to many others, even gun nuts acknowledge this when its convention for their argument like when Joe Biden recommended people buy shotguns instead

Whatever dude . . . I've provided data and acknowledged several times now that when you look at homicide deaths how guns are the leading cause.

When the core point is made using dishonest data it really is a pretty worthless point to try and make is it not? It wasn't invoked to say "one of the leading causes" it was used to push the biased agenda that firearms are THE leading cause of death of children by including 18 and 19 year-olds. So please tell me again how I was supposedly avoiding your point?
I don't think using that age bracket is wrong but I can see it bothers you a lot. So my point is that even if you use a different age bracket, guns come out as a leading cause of death for children when you combine gun related homicides, suicides, and accidents. And hence my point still stands.
Good grief. You're acting like these ARs are going to be in vending machines where some bullied kid can go drop in a $20 and walk away with something to kill classmates.
Why should they be there at all? What benefit do they provide?
I didn’t say that. I said it wasn’t easier to shoot than any other rifle. There are a multitude of rifles that offer ergonomic features to make it suitable for a wide variety of users.
Uh sure but all those rifles are generally in the same class as an AR; they fire intermediate, high velocity rounds with semi-auto fire and detachable magazines. Full sized rifles are heavier, have more recoil, and their rounds weigh more making them less ergonomic and easy to use than guns like the AR-15. Semi-auto hand guns have lots of the same benefits as the AR but they don't fire high velocity rounds so at least the wounds from them are easier to treat.[/QUOTE]

Semi-auto hand guns have lots of the same benefits as the AR but they don't fire high velocity rounds so at least the wounds from them are easier to treat.

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolz

dude, most handguns use larger bullets, genius (and generally, expanding). and the ones that don't... are going to also be high velocity (eg, 5.7), with basically just an exception for .22lr. which, ironically, tends to be the most fatal in the data.

the clownery continues.

I never said ARs are military weapons. The point is that these guns are easier to use compared to many others, even gun nuts acknowledge this when its convention for their argument like when Joe Biden recommended people buy shotguns instead

I don't think using that age bracket is wrong but I can see it bothers you a lot. So my point is that even if you use a different age bracket, guns come out as a leading cause of death for children when you combine gun related homicides, suicides, and accidents. And hence my point still stands.

Uh sure but all those rifles are generally in the same class as an AR; they fire intermediate, high velocity rounds with semi-auto fire and detachable magazines. Full sized rifles are heavier, have more recoil, and their rounds weigh more making them less ergonomic and easy to use than guns like the AR-15. Semi-auto hand guns have lots of the same benefits as the AR but they don't fire high velocity rounds so at least the wounds from them are easier to treat.

You were defending the premise that it’s “easier” to use because it offers features for a variety of users. That is simply not true.
They actually do make high velocity handguns the FN 5.7x28 would be one of them and has the capability to penetrate body armor. Handguns are more concealable and are statistically the most dangerous weapons per homicide statistics released by the Federal Government.

I provided data for 2020 here in this post.
Yes, I read that post, but I can't find data elsewhere to back it up.

The report referenced and linked to in this article from John's Hopkins also seems to contradict the data you shared

https://publichealth.jhu.edu/2022/n...gun-homicides-increase-by-more-than-one-third

Stating:
Firearms were the leading cause of death for children and teens ages 1-19, prematurely taking
the lives of 4,357 young people.
Homicides are the most common type of gun death among children and teens-64% of child and
teen gun deaths were homicides and 30% were suicides.
While teenagers account for the majority of these deaths, younger children are not immune. An
average of eight children ages 0-12 were killed by guns every single week in 2020
Every 2.5 days a child or teen was killed by an unintentional gun injury.
Black children and teens face alarmingly high rates of gun victimization. More than half of all
Black teens (15-19) who died in 2020 --a staggering 529%--were killed by gun violence

They don’t want to focus on the parts of the country where this is a daily occurrence. (Inner city) When some middle class kids get shot in a school the media actually pays attention. When it’s happening in the streets it gets ignored. These numbers dwarf school shootings but do not get reported when the setting isn’t a school and the weapon used is a MSR.

<{vega}>

I don't think using that age bracket is wrong but I can see it bothers you a lot.

We've already been made clear of your opinion regarding the inclusion of 18 and 19 year olds. Why do you think it bothers me a lot?

So my point is that even if you use a different age bracket, guns come out as a leading cause of death for children when you combine gun related homicides, suicides, and accidents. And hence my point still stands.

Holy moving goalposts batman . . . how this stance of yours has morphed over the course of the discussion.

Why should a defenseless, supposed gun free zone that is often a soft target of choice for high profile mass shootings have a personnel with access to firearms for defensive purposes?

Are you serious? Wait . . . never mind. Don't even bother to answer.

Semi-auto hand guns have lots of the same benefits as the AR but they don't fire high velocity rounds so at least the wounds from them are easier to treat.

I have a pistol in my safe right now that shoots 5.7x28mm rounds . . .

Yes, I read that post, but I can't find data elsewhere to back it up.

The report referenced and linked to in this article from John's Hopkins also seems to contradict the data you shared

https://publichealth.jhu.edu/2022/n...gun-homicides-increase-by-more-than-one-third

Stating:

If you read the post then you would've discovered the source of the data I used . . . it's from the CDC.

SOURCE: https://wisqars.cdc.gov/fatal-leading

And yes, it directly contradicts that JH report because it includes 18 and 19 year-olds in their data as "Children". The data I used is ages <1-17.

I have a pistol in my safe right now that shoots 5.7x28mm rounds . . .

dumber, one can get high velocity out of regular handgun calibers. especially with full-powered loads (eg, underwood).

https://underwoodammo.com/357-sig-65-grain-xtreme-defender/ - 2100 fps from a 4" barrel. rivals general 5.56 from a 7.5"

How are they easier to use compared to all the other semi auto rifles on the market?

black magic. no, wait. "box magazine." no. wait... i got it, "intermediate caliber." shit, it's gotta be one of these. it starts with the letter a. that means it's the best.

They don’t want to focus on the parts of the country where this is a daily occurrence. (Inner city)

But they do want to focus on the data related to those areas and include it in their reports to bulk up the numbers . . .

But they do want to focus on the data related to those areas and include it in their reports to bulk up the numbers . . .

Absolutely, while at no point taking any responsibility for the failed policies that have cultivated the very environment they claim to oppose. I found this had some interesting information and references some of the government funded data.

The implication that it’s any easier to use than any other weapon is erroneous. It’s the one you are familiar with and the one that has been used as the proverbial boogie man for the anti gun crowd.

So what if your not used to any guns but you somehow pick the AR 15 to go shoot up schools?

Back