An agressive Tyron is a SCARY fighter

People project what they THINK the fighter's intent is into their complaint.

None of us knows what goes on in another person's head. EVER. Especially in a fight. Especially if you've never been in that high level of a fight before. "He should of (did this)" ... "It would have been easy to (do that)" ... Get the fuck outta here! You don't know shit (not you SelfSufficient)

Yeah I said "should of", cause it's internet people, lol

Well, again I'm talking about valid criticism versus invalid criticism, there's a reason why fighters have coaches. It's to have person outside of yourself observe your actions and correct bad behaviors or encourage good things. There's a difference between saying "shit I think Tyron should play rockem sockem robots 100% of the time because otherwise it's boring for me as a fan" versus saying "I think Tyron probably could have finished Thompson here if he was a bit more aggressive because X" maybe Tyron was injured, there could be factors that we don't know about, but it could also actually be a flaw that he is aware of and trying to correct and it doesn't cause any harm to point it out or to say it to other fans that are watching the same fight as you. I highly doubt Tyron is checking into Sherdog for MMA feedback, but if we didn't give any opinions at all what would be the point of a forum to have a discussion in the first place?

Obviously if a fighter is commenting they can probably provide a more nuanced in depth analysis of what is taking place but sometimes even a casual observer can point something out and it can be true, just because that's not what a fighter was feeling at the time doesn't make it untrue.

Well, again I'm talking about valid criticism versus invalid criticism, there's a reason why fighters have coaches. It's to have person outside of yourself observe your actions and correct bad behaviors or encourage good things. There's a difference between saying "shit I think Tyron should play rockem sockem robots 100% of the time because otherwise it's boring for me as a fan" versus saying "I think Tyron probably could have finished Thompson here if he was a bit more aggressive because X" maybe Tyron was injured, there could be factors that we don't know about, but it could also actually be a flaw that he is aware of and trying to correct and it doesn't cause any harm to point it out or to say it to other fans that are watching the same fight as you. I highly doubt Tyron is checking into Sherdog for MMA feedback, but if we didn't give any opinions at all what would be the point of a forum to have a discussion in the first place?

I'm not saying people can't have opinions or criticize. People could choose their words a little better is all. When someone says something like "I think Tyron probably could have finished Thompson" ... I don't find that to be a valid criticism so I say, "Yeah really? Based on what expertise that you have?"

People from the comfort of their chair, couch, love-seat, etc... always seem to KNOW exactly what a fighter could or should have done. That's why a lot of the discussions here are so repetitive.

"People could choose their words a little better"

I agree with that statement.

Bad example as far as what I chose to use as one, I just meant in a general sense to get my point across.

Back