An agressive Tyron is a SCARY fighter

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Mysterio, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Mysterio Banned Banned

Athletic, explosive, great wrestling and boxing skills, serious stopping power, but has previously been a little too tentative and boring to watch, which I feel was a determent to not only his marketability, but also his own potential as a fighter.

He still waited intelligently for openings tonight, but I believe he was notably more aggressive than we've seen him in the past and pulling the trigger when he needed to as opposed to remaining tentative. Of course, Till's style made this easier for him whereas Wonderboy and Maia are more difficult fight aggressively.

This only made him more effective as a fighter. With his skill-set and explosiveness, I feel he should continue to evolve into an even more aggressive fighter and try to emulate fighters like Romero (he's no Yoel at this point, I know, and will probably never reach that level of scary, but he has potential with his skillset).

I think I like this Tyron and feel he could become a powerhouse at WW if he unleashes his inner beast as we saw glimpses of tonight.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  2. Thundercock Assman Extraordinaire

3. penontoc Orange Belt

When he was on Rogan you could tell he can overthink things / obsess on details. Tonight he executed with aggression – the thought was already wired in. It was great.

4. Arm Barbarian Titanium Belt Platinum Member

He shut everyone up tonight.

He was out there swangin n bangin.

Hellbowed Tills head thru the canvas, then D'Arced his ass.

5. DarkneT Khamzat sucks Platinum Member

Newsflash?

Is the sky still blue?

If you didn't know that.. you dont follow MMA properly

6. Nihongi Black Belt

Well after his draw in his first title defense and then two of the worst fights of last year I would hope he would turn it up a notch

7. IloveTHIS Humble Narcissist

if he fought like that consistently hed be a fucking huge star like he constantly dreams and bitches about

8. xP Silver Belt

I don't think he's tenative, he's just patient and a bit one dimensional in his striking approach. He usually only wants to counter with the other guy coming forward and if you don't give him that, well, he's patient. But when it's time to exchange he doesn't back down and throws heat. It's a bit of a shame because he is very good at coming forward too, like the Lawler fight.

He only looked more aggressive because Till actually came forward.

Wonderbread just doesn't want to throw down anymore, and he certainly didn't with Woodley. Nobody ever really looks good beating Maia. Both of those guys have more boring fights than WoodleyOther than those two guys, he's been exciting in the UFC, and the first Wonderboy fight wasn't even that bad especially watching live.

9. Portland8242 Brown Belt

Sometimes I think Tyron just doesn't realize how scared opponents are of his overhand bomb. Till looked very hesitant to engage him in the 1st.

10. Gladiatorz Brown Belt

Yeah but unfortunately he fights like this 1/6 times.

11. Willek Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

That's much worse than other champs missing weight, getting popped for PEDs and ducking.

12. TheHolyWarAngel Banned Banned

[​IMG][​IMG]

13. Mysterio Banned Banned

I definitely want to see him coming forward more. I think he'd be even more effective as a counter striker and an aggressor and consume guys with power and pressure.

14. SelfSufficient A Genuine Soul

Tyron is a hot and cold fighter. He has been vicious and aggressive before tonight. Knocking out Robbie Lawler...for the title being one instance. I don't think many people doubted Tyron COULD perform the way he did tonight, it's just that his last couple fights have sucked. That and his race baiting shit. Dana is just an asshole he's treated plenty of white fighters like shit too.

Hopefully, Tyron finds a way to be as consistent as he was tonight and in some of his other fights, I don't think every single second of some of his boring fights were inexcusable. Fighting Stephen Thompson you can't just throw caution to the wind and act like an idiot, but there are definitely more moments he could have capitalized more than he did, I think he should work on his team with creating those openings in order to achieve a higher level of consistency, he has great power in his strikes and is an effective wrestler so keep his opponent high strung enough to make a mistake shouldn't be all that difficult for him.

I wish him well because it'd be nice to have a consistently exciting champion at ww again, his main issue right now is, I think fans just not knowing which Tyron is going to show up.

15. Emjay And again and again and again and ag.. zzzzzzzz

He's not going to be the same thing all the time.

People are always selective with whom they blame their "boredom" on. It's rarely just one guy's fault.

16. Char Jawz InvisiBelt

Agressive Tyron = Sea Level Cain = Motivated BJ

17. Char Jawz InvisiBelt

Kind of reminds me of a certain Champ Champ in that respect...

<DC-Champ> <DC-Champ> <DC-Champ> <DC-Champ>

18. Numtums Orange Belt

He like fought an average like fighter like.

Till should stick to selling Fray Bentos pies at Goodison Park like.

Typical Scouser, all talk, can't fight!

19. SelfSufficient A Genuine Soul

I agree to an extent, I think most people just over exaggerate legitimate criticism or try to oversimplify one thing that could make someone more exciting. There are a lot of different factors, who your opponent is being a big one but a lot of good fighters like Jones and Fedor are able to be entertaining regardless of an opponent and if there isn't action going on it's not to dance around they're coming up with a way to end the fight. I think it's about intent. If there is a sense of urgency to try and finish the fight (not rushing in recklessly) but if the opportunity is present you will end the fight or try to end the fight and not just cruise on points then people will have more respect.

Sometimes fighters just have off nights though, just like we all do in our particular field/job. Sometimes people get upset and pissed off and critique where there isn't really much that could be done differently and other times it is a flaw in a fighter for whatever reason.

I try to be as objective as I can be and look at as many factors before passing judgement someones performance.

20. Emjay And again and again and again and ag.. zzzzzzzz

People project what they THINK the fighter's intent is into their complaint.

None of us knows what goes on in another person's head. EVER. Especially in a fight. Especially if you've never been in that high level of a fight before. "He should of (did this)" ... "It would have been easy to (do that)" ... Get the fuck outta here! You don't know shit (not you SelfSufficient)

Yeah I said "should of", cause it's internet people, lol