An admittedly stupid question about 'money' fights.

essie

sue me
@Silver
Reaction score
With all the talk of Woodley wanting to fight Nick or GSP over Wonderboy for the money I am left with kind of an ignorant question. Would Woodley get paid more depending on the opponent? I don't understand why HIS pay would be different if he fought Nick or Wonderboy? I guess it's just a matter of PPV points? If so, do all champions get them? I obviously don't know how a lot of this works.

Inb4snark but just asking a question, friends.

Also, something something race.

Yep, Champs get PPV points.
My only thinking is will a Nick vs. Woodley PPV really do that much more than the NY PPV if its him vs. Wonderboy? Seems like it would at least be close. Thank you though.

My only thinking is will a Nick vs. Woodley PPV really do that much more than the NY PPV if its him vs. Wonderboy? Seems like it would at least be close. Thank you though.

More casuals know Diaz. Nobody knows who Wonderboy is. Diaz ppv would definitely do more buys.

I think he wants to fight Diaz at 202 to leech off those Conor numbers.

It's also a money fight because he's asking for it to be at 202 which could end up being the most successful PPV of the year, if he get's PPV points he'd probably make more money in one night than he has for his entire career.

I think he wants to fight Diaz at 202 to leech off those Conor numbers.
giphy.gif

Can't find a source, but I remember seeing somewhere that champs get a new contract when they become champion, and PPV points is part of the contract.

Probably depends on the fighter. I'd like for more guys to get PPV points. But I do know that Mighty Mouse opted to get more money upfront per fight instead of getting PPV points since he's always on FOX shows and doesn't pull anything on PPV anyway. Pretty self aware guy tbh, rare for a fighter.

It's also a money fight because he's asking for it to be at 202 which could end up being the most successful PPV of the year, if he get's PPV points he'd probably make more money in one night than he has for his entire career.

Do they give PPV points for a Champ fight when its not even a Main or Co-Main Event though?

There's no way they should bump the Rumble - Teixeira fight down just because of Tyron "Mr.Generic" Woodley wanting to fight a guy who hasn't won in over 5 years.

If anybody would rather see Woodley-Diaz over Rumble - Tex then they're flat out retarded and should stick to watching daytime soaps

Do they give PPV points for a Champ fight when its not even a Main or Co-Main Event though?

I don't see why it would make a difference, PPV points would be in their contract, unless the contact also stipulated that you must be headlining the card but the only stipulation I've ever heard of is that it has to do over a certain number, example: If the PPV does less than 100k buys you don't get the PPV bonus.

Last edited:
I don't see why it would make a difference, PPV points would be in their contract, unless the contact also stipulate that you must be headlining the card but the only stipulation I've ever heard of is that it has to do over a certain number, example: If the PPV does less than 100k buys you don't get the PPV bonus.

Then it makes no sense really for them to put Woodley-Diaz on the card even. Anybody who is buying the card is buying it because of Conor-Nate, adding Nick won't do much to the bottom line other than that they'll just have to pay out more. Doesn't really seem worth it.

Back