Amosov vs Storley added to Bellator 252

I will never understand Bellator's matchmaking. How does Logan Storley goes from fighting EJ Brooks to fighting Amosov? And why does Amosov keep being traeted as a prospect? Dude is 27 years old, 24-0, and has victories over Ed Ruth, Gerald Harris, and Roberto Soldic.

Dont get me wrong this is a great fight but Amosov should be fighting a title eliminator against the top of the division (Neiman, Larkin, MVP) not fighting a prospect (very legit and solid prospect) and Storley should be fighting a step up in competition from EJ Brooks (Derek Anderson, Jordan Mein, Jason Jackson) not a title challenger.

Bellator, despite having a very wealthy WW division full with fresh match ups, will always find a way to fuck up their match making, Jesus Christ.

I don't mind it, the winner should be right up there for a shot at a title.

Neiman I think will fight Lorenz for a shot at Lima (if Lima comes back down, he might not if he beats Moose).

The winner of this could be next.

MVP will probably fight Ion Pascu or something.

I don't mind it, the winner should be right up there for a shot at a title.

Neiman I think will fight Lorenz for a shot at Lima (if Lima comes back down, he might not if he beats Moose).

The winner of this could be next.

MVP will probably fight Ion Pascu or something.
I guess I still see Storley as a prospect who needs a big step up in competition so it kind of doesnt make sense to put him in there with Amosov, who si arguably next in line for a title shot. Dont get me wrong, this is an amazing fight, I just thought Storley was a step or two behind Amosov, after all Storley was scheduled to fight Lemminger a few months ago, and now all of the sudden he is in a title eliminator fight. It kind of doesnt make much sense tbh. I'll definitely be watching, though.

Dude, if MVP fights some other fighter who is "very underrated" I'm fucking done with the guy, just cut him. If he does not fight J. Jackson, Koreshkov, Gracie, or Larkin this is the most clear indication that he does not want to fight the best.

I guess I still see Storley as a prospect who needs a big step up in competition so it kind of doesnt make sense to put him in there with Amosov, who si arguably next in line for a title shot. Dont get me wrong, this is an amazing fight, I just thought Storley was a step or two behind Amosov, after all Storley was scheduled to fight Lemminger a few months ago, and now all of the sudden he is in a title eliminator fight. It kind of doesnt make much sense tbh. I'll definitely be watching, though.

Dude, if MVP fights some other fighter who is "very underrated" I'm fucking done with the guy, just cut him. If he does not fight J. Jackson, Koreshkov, Gracie, or Larkin this is the most clear indication that he does not want to fight the best.
Lemminger was scheduled for Storley and then was immediately assigned to Amosov afterwards, like a month later. And that fight did happen. Which just goes more to show Bellator's way of scheduling relative cans for good fighters.

I really rate Amosov but other than a green Soldic, you can make the argument that he hasn't really fought much in the way of top competition yet either, although obviously he's looked amazing beating the guys that he's beaten.

Lemminger was scheduled for Storley and then was immediately assigned to Amosov afterwards, like a month later. And that fight did happen. Which just goes more to show Bellator's way of scheduling relative cans for good fighters.

Amosov was originally going to fight Fitch on that card. They couldn't get it worked out and Lemminger was a late replacement.

Wow that’s a great booking. Winner of this one will certainly be posed for a title fight. Storley might have to show some of that striking in this one

I thought Amasov vs Neiman for #1 contender and Storley vs Jackson would make sense to keep building up both fighters. Still great fight and really think both these guys have potential to be top ten or even top 5 talents in MMA

I wouldnt really consider Lemminger a can, he was meant to be a solid step up in competition for Storley. However, he was later fed to Amosov and eventually he will be fed to whatever other prospect is coming up (Joey Davis or Kyle Crutchmer) instead of giving the guy an opportunity to grow and prove himself.

I thought Amasov vs Neiman for #1 contender and Storley vs Jackson would make sense to keep building up both fighters. Still great fight and really think both these guys have potential to be top ten or even top 5 talents in MMA
That would absolutely make the most sense. Amosov vs Neiman, Storley vs Jackson, MVP vs Larkin, its not that hard. Instead we will see MVP fighting some random "very underrated" fighter, Neiman will possibly fight some fringe top 10 fighter, and Larkin fight in Japan against some Japanese tomato can.

I really rate Amosov but other than a green Soldic, you can make the argument that he hasn't really fought much in the way of top competition yet either, although obviously he's looked amazing beating the guys that he's beaten.
Amosov has looked completely dominating in all his outings and although Storley is a very solid fighter, he is still a prospect; he is not prepared for someone like Amosov, yet. Storley doesnt have the striking to put Amosov in danger and Amosov will dominate this fight once again. This is why this fight doesnt make sense, Storley should be fighting Ross Houston, for example.

Amosov was originally going to fight Fitch on that card. They couldn't get it worked out and Lemminger was a late replacement.
That's true, but it really didn't sound like it came close. Allegedly it came down to contract issues, iirc, so they probably knew there was some separation on terms for a while.

I wouldnt really consider Lemminger a can, he was meant to be a solid step up in competition for Storley. However, he was later fed to Amosov and eventually he will be fed to whatever other prospect is coming up (Joey Davis or Kyle Crutchmer) instead of giving the guy an opportunity to grow and prove himself.
I didn't want to straight up call him a can, which is why I called him a "relative can", whatever that might mean. But really, Lemminger hasn't faced any serious competition either prior to the the scheduled Storley fight, but more likely prior to the Amosov fight, either. Arguably his best win came against a fighter who also lost to EJ Brooks. So I don't think Lemminger was a step up in any meaningful sense. His record looks better, but for instance he was coming off a 3 win streak into the Storley fight, and Brooks was coming off a 5 win streak. And I also think that he will be given to Davis or Crutchmer sometime down the road. Davis needs to fight soon as well, he's not been active recently so I wonder if he's injured.

That's true, but it really didn't sound like it came close. Allegedly it came down to contract issues, iirc, so they probably knew there was some separation on terms for a while.

I didn't want to straight up call him a can, which is why I called him a "relative can", whatever that might mean. But really, Lemminger hasn't faced any serious competition either prior to the the scheduled Storley fight, but more likely prior to the Amosov fight, either. Arguably his best win came against a fighter who also lost to EJ Brooks. So I don't think Lemminger was a step up in any meaningful sense. His record looks better, but for instance he was coming off a 3 win streak into the Storley fight, and Brooks was coming off a 5 win streak. And I also think that he will be given to Davis or Crutchmer sometime down the road. Davis needs to fight soon as well, he's not been active recently so I wonder if he's injured.
Who is the better wrestler davis or storley?

Davis is, IMO, the strongest WW prospect in Bellator. Or ar leaat he has looked the most dominant.

Who is the better wrestler davis or storley?
Pure wrestler? Probably Storley. Davis is more explosive. Storley applies more pressure, plays heavier on top.

They're quite different as fighters. Storley will pretend to stand with you but that's just a pretense. He's always looking to take the fight to the ground. He has no real interest in exchanging on the feet. He's waiting for an opportunity or for a chance to create the opportunity to take you to the ground and then he'll just constantly pressure until you fold. You can probably imagine the comparables, but I'll stick away from cheesy comparables. A nearby comparable would be like Alex Polizzi.

Davis isn't look for anything in particular, he's more just looking for you to make a mistake. And he's also better than many other rookies at identifying and capitalizing on mistakes (*cough cough* Crutchmer *cough*). He can take you down, but he has fewer tactics once you get there and he's not committed to finishing the fight there.

Pure wrestler? Probably Storley. Davis is more explosive. Storley applies more pressure, plays heavier on top.

They're quite different as fighters. Storley will pretend to stand with you but that's just a pretense. He's always looking to take the fight to the ground. He has no real interest in exchanging on the feet. He's waiting for an opportunity or for a chance to create the opportunity to take you to the ground and then he'll just constantly pressure until you fold. You can probably imagine the comparables, but I'll stick away from cheesy comparables. A nearby comparable would be like Alex Polizzi.

Davis isn't look for anything in particular, he's more just looking for you to make a mistake. And he's also better than many other rookies at identifying and capitalizing on mistakes (*cough cough* Crutchmer *cough*). He can take you down, but he has fewer tactics once you get there and he's not committed to finishing the fight there.
Who would you favor between Davis and Storley? Is that a 50-50 fight?

No, but I wouldnt call Amosov a prospect. I actually think he should be in a title eliminator fight.
I want asomov to win the title at bellator than join the ufc. He has the potential to be one of the GOAT’s

Back