Amosov vs Storley added to Bellator 252

Can someone explain why Bellator is refusing to give Amosov a contender fight?

You have MVP, Larkin, Gracie and Amosov and yet they are booking him with Storley? Storley is a solid prospect but Amosov should be fighting contenders ahead of him for a title shot not guys behind him.

Can someone explain why Bellator is refusing to give Amosov a contender fight?

You have MVP, Larkin, Gracie and Amosov and yet they are booking him with Storley? Storley is a solid prospect but Amosov should be fighting contenders ahead of him for a title shot not guys behind him.
To be frank, Storley should have had a contender eliminator long ago as well. But I think Bellator has been protecting Larkin, Koreshkov and MVP as the first contenders outside of Lima. I think stylistically the fights would not be that interesting. Amosov and likely Storley as well would almost certainly just hump Larkin to the ground and keep him there until the end of the fight, and the same is probably true for MVP though we'd never know because of his limited elite experience. Bellator WW has an old guard, guys like Larkin and Koreshkov and MVP who have been around forever. And new rising prospects. And the prospects should replace the old guard. But bellator wants to have their cake and eat it too, they want the old stars to keep being stars and never be supplanted while the new prospects also win their fights.

Bellator really never runs out of what I call "excuse" fighters to throw at their actual stars and prospects, like Mark Lemminger, or Kiichi Kunimoto, Keita Nakamura, Ion Pascu, Mike Jasper, EJ Brooks next is certainly Jason Jackson. Not that these aren't good fighters. But that they should be fighting each other, to vie to get into a top spot instead of merely getting thrown into the ring to pad a long overdue prospect's already overstuffed resume.

This is a pretty awesome fight between 2 top WWs that don't get enough recognition.

To be frank, Storley should have had a contender eliminator long ago as well. But I think Bellator has been protecting Larkin, Koreshkov and MVP as the first contenders outside of Lima. I think stylistically the fights would not be that interesting. Amosov and likely Storley as well would almost certainly just hump Larkin to the ground and keep him there until the end of the fight, and the same is probably true for MVP though we'd never know because of his limited elite experience. Bellator WW has an old guard, guys like Larkin and Koreshkov and MVP who have been around forever. And new rising prospects. And the prospects should replace the old guard. But bellator wants to have their cake and eat it too, they want the old stars to keep being stars and never be supplanted while the new prospects also win their fights.

Bellator really never runs out of what I call "excuse" fighters to throw at their actual stars and prospects, like Mark Lemminger, or Kiichi Kunimoto, Keita Nakamura, Ion Pascu, Mike Jasper, EJ Brooks next is certainly Jason Jackson. Not that these aren't good fighters. But that they should be fighting each other, to vie to get into a top spot instead of merely getting thrown into the ring to pad a long overdue prospect's already overstuffed resume.

He's got like 6 Bellator fights so Storley def deserves a step up but shouldnt be vs Amosov. Amosov deserves a number 1 contender fight, Storley deserves a fight vs a legit guy to take the next step into becoming one of the contenders.

For STorley if he wins he takes his place so for him its great but for Amosov what does he gain from this?

I will never understand Bellator's matchmaking. How does Logan Storley goes from fighting EJ Brooks to fighting Amosov? And why does Amosov keep being traeted as a prospect? Dude is 27 years old, 24-0, and has victories over Ed Ruth, Gerald Harris, and Roberto Soldic.

Dont get me wrong this is a great fight but Amosov should be fighting a title eliminator against the top of the division (Neiman, Larkin, MVP) not fighting a prospect (very legit and solid prospect) and Storley should be fighting a step up in competition from EJ Brooks (Derek Anderson, Jordan Mein, Jason Jackson) not a title challenger.

Bellator, despite having a very wealthy WW division full with fresh match ups, will always find a way to fuck up their match making, Jesus Christ.

This is what you would expect from an actual world class promotion, the UFC certainly does this. But Bellator loves to pad records and never actually giving their prospects a step up in competition. Instead of having Mark Lemminger vs Ion Pascu or those types of fights, you have those fighters being fed to prospects or old stars and on and on we go. I think they tried to do that with Jason Jackson vs Ed Ruth and then Jordan Mein, but it kind of backfired and Jackson turned out to be better than they thought. But dont worry, they will probably try and feed him to another prospect or contender instead of building him up.

Well my take on Storley is that EJ Brooks was already arguably a step down from Ion Pascu. I don't think there has been any significant different in skill level between any of the last 5 fighters that Storley has faced. Small differences, maybe, but not particularly significant ones. So if the idea is that he should only have gotten one step up, well he should have gotten one step up about 3-4 fights ago. But he really hasn't. He is finally getting his first step up in competition. And is this unfair to Amosov? Yeah, probably. I mean, we may even discover that Storley is a more formidable opponent than anyone Amosov has ever faced. But even then the step up for Storley in competition would be much larger than the step up in Amosov.

And it's sad because you know that whoever loses, they're probably going to face 5 more throwaways before they get their next shot. I think maybe there's an element of fear on the part of bellator. They think that if they let their prospects face their so-called top guys, and beat them, then these prospects will feel like they have nothing left to achieve in bellator and leave. So they're constantly holding the carrot in front of the fighter's noses, saying "you're not quite there." Bellator doesn't really care if a prospect doesn't eventually pan out. Better you make what you can off a kid today and then he fades, than he goes off and makes someone else a lot of money. On the one hand, a prospect loses his shimmer after a while. And fans move on to the next, shiniest thing. But aside from potential business ramifications, it's also incumbent on gys like Amosov to leave. Because this is MMA, every fight takes a toll even if you win. Every camp. You can only do it so many times. If you stick around too long your body may move on before you get your shot.

The Bellator thing to do would be to slap this fight on the undercard.

WOW !
I love Storley but i hope Amosov keep his O.

Back