Amkle brace

Easto

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Tuesday night we were playing "King of the mat" at BJJ. Basically we were working on takedowns the winner stays and the loser goes to the back on the line type of deal.

My opponent got my right leg and I was resisting the takedown for quite a while. Eventually he got the trip on me and as I fell my left foot got caught under my body. I heard some pops and snaps as I went down mainly on the outside of my left shin area.

I iced it immediately and went to the doc who said it isn't fractured and most likely a muscle pull.

I am hoping to go back Sunday if all is well.

Can any of you recommend a good ankle brace?

Would I be better off taping my ankle/foot for a couple weeks?

Couldn't you have asked your doctor that? Or did you forget?

Well, while I do love ankle supports (muay thai type), it sounds like you need to have your ankle wrapped with trainers tape - then put an ankle brace over it, then put on some wrestling shoes :D

It may sound like I'm joking but the more protection on an injured ankle, the better.

Couldn't you have asked your doctor that? Or did you forget?

I wasn't too sure how my ankle was going to feel down the road. A couple days later I see that this is going to get 80% better very quick, but I think the last 20% is going to be slow moving. I would like to add some support to my ankle so I can get back without risking more injury.

tape it.

I'm actually looking at some expensive ankle braces myself, but tape will probably be the smart option... just annoying taping it every session.

(I had reconstructive surgery on mine)

~Foz

Back