Amir Khan Vs Martin Kristjansen, April 5th 2008

Did anyone count the bell coming in the last round, It should have gone by a great margin before the ref stepped in to stop the fight going by the counter for the ITV broadcast. Either it was a huge scam and they let the hometown fighter have a few more seconds to finish the guy off or The ref called time when he was warning him for hitting on the ground and the ITV clock kept running.

Because the 2.53 that was called was more like 3.05 going by the last time the ITV counter was on.

Sounds like Khan (am I the only one who sees that name and imagines William Shatner yelling it in a Star Trek movie?) is ready for another step up in competition......

Did anyone count the bell coming in the last round, It should have gone by a great margin before the ref stepped in to stop the fight going by the counter for the ITV broadcast. Either it was a huge scam and they let the hometown fighter have a few more seconds to finish the guy off or The ref called time when he was warning him for hitting on the ground and the ITV clock kept running.

Because the 2.53 that was called was more like 3.05 going by the last time the ITV counter was on.

Did you not see Frank Warren utilising a rear naked choke on the time keeper?

Nah I must of missed that, Good to see Warren utilizing his recently picked up BJJ skills.

That was always going to happen eventually. I've never been too sold on Matthews.

I was amazed it left the third round. I was expecting a TKO after the third knockdown. I'm glad it didn't, as the KO was a beauty. Was it liver or ribs?

lets be honest it wouldn't of made a difference if Kristjansen was saved by the bell either way the ref had to stop the fight , Kristjansen was out on his feet and didn;t throw a punch after the first knock down

I know it wouldnt have made a difference to the outcome whatever had happened but if the bell had rung and he had been aloud to go back to his corner then maybe he could have lasted til the end, I don;t think he's been stopped before so it was harsh if it was a long round (Not saying it definetly was)

Kahn was going to UD him anyway.

I was amazed it left the third round. I was expecting a TKO after the third knockdown. I'm glad it didn't, as the KO was a beauty. Was it liver or ribs?

Looked like liver to me, but I was a little fueled up so could be mistaken.

Kahn is an asshole. His best punches in the fight lended when Kristjansen was down. Cheat-Kahn hit him 6 times, 3 in each knock-down and he did not get a point deducted. He should have been disqualified. I bet the ref was afraid to be labelled a "racist" by the politically correct british and hence did not dear to deduct a point.... If that was in the US, Kahn would have had his first loss by way of DQ. Cheat!

Back