Amir Khan doesn't rule out an MMA fight

Actualized174

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
"I just love all the grappling and everything that happens in cage fighting and the technique and everything," Khan said. "In a boxing fight, there's not much grappling allowed. In MMA fights, there's a lot of floor work, a lot of grappling. At the same time, I'm a good puncher myself; I'm a good boxer. So at least I've got an advantage. If I work a little bit on my grappling, you never know. I might go in the cage next."

"I don't think I'd ever do that, but you never know," Khan said said of an MMA fight. "I'm a fighter. I'm a born fighter. You never know. I might just want to one day say, 'Hey I'm going to tie the gloves up and I'm gonna go into the cage.' You just never know."

Khan, 28, has been a fan of MMA for a long time and believes it is a smart business move getting involved with SFL, which is based in India, but runs events worldwide. Khan said the plan is to hold 52 events worldwide next year. He and CEO Bill Dosanjh have big plans for the promotion.

"I really believe MMA is a growing sport," Khan said. ... "I want to give the young up-and-coming talent a chance. Let them showcase their skills on a big network."

Source: http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/8/1...super-fight-league-co-owner-wont-rule-out-mma

Last edited by a moderator:
I quite like Amir, I don't really see this happening though. I'd be down to see him take a fight or two in a smaller promotion and see how he does and then who knows.

Focus on finally getting Money to fight you, Amir.

"If I work on my grappling a little bit more"

So does he practice any styles of grappling?

He's involved with SFL? That gives him a lot of motive to say this and speak well of MMA.

He's got foot and hand speed and he can shove as much as he want, he might do ok.

If anyone wants a laugh:

I can see his glass chin holding up very well against MMA gloves...

Lol at any of the MMA guys hitting him on the feet

Plus his "glass chin" would be way above average in MMA

lol @ Amir Khan talking about MMA

he'd get knocked out cold the first time somebody GNP'd him....glass jaw is glass

I couldn't imagine him taking a shot from anybody wearing MMA gloves

Good for him. Good to see boxers who know what's up as opposed to geniuses like Adrien Broner...

lol Amir is a garbage boxer and will be even bigger garbage in an MMA fight.

You're welcome lol

It was fairly big over here in the UK, because Amir Khan said he and his brother (who's also a boxer) beat up '6 men at once'

Then they put out that vid to show he was lying :icon_lol:

lol Amir is a garbage boxer and will be even bigger garbage in an MMA fight.

would love to see those fast hands in mma gloves, but whatever negative nigel.

Lol at any of the MMA guys hitting him on the feet

Plus his "glass chin" would be way above average in MMA

Doubt anybody is landing a punch standing with him

but he'd take ground and pound pretty badly

it's a whole lot easier to knock somebody out in MMA gloves than boxing gloves

would love to see those fast hands in mma gloves, but whatever negative nigel.

Did you not see his last fight against Algieri? He looked awful.

Honestly, who is his best win? Maidana? A past their primes Judah and Barrera?

Him and Malignaggi get the most coverage for boxers who haven't really done anything while guys Danny Garcia get no love.

Back