1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Amino Acid Profile

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by earthman32, Jun 23, 2008.

1. earthman32 Orange Belt

While I'm over joyed that this discussion has taken flight, I've found the debate to be quite informative about glutamine, and I appreciate you folks sticking up for me, I still haven't found the type of information I was looking for in the beginning.
    Vedic, I respect your knowledge, now lets put it to good use. If these aminos aren't useful, which are? And what are the appropriate dosages?
    Maybe amino diet was the wrong way to phrase the plan. I'm thinking 6-8 hours tops. No longer than you would ordinarily fast for a weigh in.
    Better yet, lets forget about WHY I want this information. Truly, I just wanted a long list of Aminos, their purpose, and dosage on one thread, rather than searching a bunch of different pages to find varrying information.

2. Monger Chronically Injured

earthman,

I think you're being too vague in what you're really after. Whatever nutrition scheme you have on your mind is going to be entirely dependant on the situation and your goals. You need to stop beating around the bush and tell us exactly what you're trying to do here. In other words, How much weight do you need to cut? How long do you have until weigh ins? What time of day are the weigh ins? How much time between the weigh ins and the fight?

I think you

3. Vedic Purple Belt

There you have it.

4. earthman32 Orange Belt

Yeah, I don't really want to get into the specifics. I'd like to have information and I generally don't trust manufacturers to recommend dosage and use (just look at all the Glutamine on the market and the debate that preceded here).

My fight isn't until August and I've never had trouble cutting weight. Not to mention, there are several threads related to cutting weight, including the stickies.

I'm purposely vague because I want a list of Aminos for reference. It was a great idea, worthy of sticky status, until the conversation diverged into bickering and name calling (what's new?).

So can we please start a thread for novices to refer to that details Amino acids, their use, and appropriate dosage. FORGET ABOUT WHAT I INTEND TO USE IT FOR. Let's have it around on these threads so people can build on it and learn from it.

5. Vedic Purple Belt

Lol, you could have asked for that from the beginning lol.

6. Chad Hamilton Amateur Fighter

Mr. Vedic:

I have been following this thread for a few days now and I have a question to ask:
    I am curious if you have any "real-life" experience with supplementation? I see that you have a blog and a site that you have been promoting so you must be an accomplished athlete and coach. I am also curious to know what your credentials are to back up your knowledge. I see that in your posts, all of your opinions are based on various sites and sources, which is excellent. However, I think it leads people to believe that the extent of your knowledge is from a University and the Internet, which again, are excellent resources to have, however, it seems that the more you post, the less of a positive, helpful effect you have on the thread starter, no matter how moronic the question is. No offense to the TS.

My point I guess is that nobody likes a know-it-all.

7. Vedic Purple Belt

Real life? Look in my signature. I can still bench over 400 and pull 600 at 185, yes I supplement, including with aruyvedic herbs. As for training, I have been training people for 12 years now, ask Barut, Fatkid or others who their first "program" was from.

I worked for Universal Nutrition(the supplement company) for two years prior to going in the military. I am also a nutrition consultant for some very top climbers.

My credentials? had plenty of certs etc, let them all lapse as I don't need them anymore. I have almost completed my bachelors(nutrition is my minor) although I have had three post grad nutrition courses, that I needed permission to get into.

The proof is in the pudding. If I didn't know what I was talking about 1. I wouldn't be allowed in those classes. 2. I wouldn't have clients. 3. I wouldn't be the head trainer at the top climbing gym in the country, 4. Pro climbers that already eat well wouldn't come to me needing tips if I didn't know. 5. Yes training people for the last 12 years coupled with higher education has helped.

Pretty simple. If I knew it all would I be attending school? Nope, do I know quite a bit? On nutrition, ya. learning the rest of life as it comes.

But ya real life, lol. I have plenty.

8. Vedic Purple Belt

9. Chad Hamilton Amateur Fighter

Thats good enough, thank you.

What were you pursuing your post grad in? I've recently acquired my Phd.

10. Vedic Purple Belt

11. earthman32 Orange Belt

How do I not take offense to that? Fuck you....no offense.

12. earthman32 Orange Belt

I've given up, ok. You've broken me of my resolve. Maybe a fighter's forum was the wrong place to look for information. That's all you do on this board...fight. Can't fight in the gym 24 hours, but you can get online and let everyone know how big your balls are. Congratulations. What could have been an informative thread is once again another excuse to cut one another down and preach about your own superiority. Fine, fuck it.

13. Vedic Purple Belt

All myself and Monger wanted, was to know exactly what you wanted man.

14. Chad Hamilton Amateur Fighter

15. Chad Hamilton Amateur Fighter

Sorry TS, I really wasn't projecting the point towards you. Apologies.

By the way, I drink aminos before bed. I like it.

16. Vedic Purple Belt

Cool Chad, those are some interesting programs. Stillwater huh, I taught SERE in Enid for a few months when I was n the military. Oklahoma is one state I will never live in hahahaha. Prolly doesn't help that I am a Texan originally lol

17. ronin0352 Lift, Eat, Sleep, Repeat

Ah Ha! Now it's clear where you got your people skills. LOL j/k man, I couldn't pass that one up.

18. Vedic Purple Belt

Hahahaha sad but true, when I was married my wife used to call me a "world class prick" got out of the military, completely went towards a buddhist, hindu shift and lightened up a ton. My online etiqutte is horrible.

But in person I am like "the dude" on the Big Lebowski

19. DevilEyes Blue Belt

At Vance?

20. Vedic Purple Belt

Yes, only for a couple months. Was filling in for someone. I was at Dyess in Abilene, Texas at the time.