America's Got Talent audition coming up.

Happy Thoughts

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I am going to audition for America's Got Talent as a comedian and just want to say a lot of the shit you guys post and stuff has inspired some of my act. If any of you guys want to offer advice or words of encouragement that would be cool. I will call Sherdog out at the end of my act as a sign of my appreciation.

Specifics on what you're channeling from SD would be nice. :)

Specifics on what you're channeling from SD would be nice. :)

I trhow in a lot of I am no blank expert and just overall commentary on the art of trolling and negativity of the internet yet the beauty and seriousness that is buried underneath it all. Mostly focuses around life experiences and personal tribulations with light hearted advice. It is more philosophical like George Carlin except not as cynical, very optimistic.

Tell the judges that you've never heard of them and you would like them to go die in a fire. Then threaten to touch them with teh jab (make sure you pronounce it "teh") if they don't let you through.

Make sure to tell them they sound poor when you get rejected.

u shouldnt get ur material from SD. a lot of stuff are inside jokes that most ppl wont get

ud prob have a better shot singing, dancing, or playing a instrument

woo woo woo

2df366a0df1290a7c2b4c1e72a34e7ea9858576b76eb36031098f47a96b3ed33.jpg

Please post some audio of your stand up routines. We will be sure to give you some positive feedback.

I auditioned 3 years ago. Me and a buddy went, we are both comedians.

We waited for about 7 hours, got to the interview process. Basically a 60 second interview with a random person who works for the show. They asked me my name, asked me if I had any kind of interesting back story, then asked for a small sample of my act. It was a little awkward since you are in this really loud room surrounded by other people auditioning and people waiting to audition, but I managed to get a couple of jokes out and made the guy laugh.

They called me back a few weeks later but I didn't have the means to get to Dallas for the second audition so I missed out on it unfortunately.

My advice is to come up with some kind of gimmick or sad back story. My buddy told them he was gay and had a falling out with his father because of it, neither is true. Plus of course if you have an agent and can get a private audition that is totally the way to go obviously.

I trhow in a lot of I am no blank expert and just overall commentary on the art of trolling and negativity of the internet yet the beauty and seriousness that is buried underneath it all. Mostly focuses around life experiences and personal tribulations with light hearted advice. It is more philosophical like George Carlin except not as cynical, very optimistic.

This sounds like really funny stuff...

If you make it onto the show, don't let the producers fuck with your act. Seriously. They'll use you and throw you away if they can. I know someone who made it to the televised portion and the producers took advantage of them horribly.

u shouldnt get ur material from SD. a lot of stuff are inside jokes that most ppl wont get

ud prob have a better shot singing, dancing, or playing a instrument

Punchline - "My girlfriend bought me an Ipad"

*crickets

If you get on the show, you better shout out to the 'Berry

Just make a up a stupidly horrid back-story for yourself composed of the most depressing stuff ever posted in mayberry.

If Sherdog's taught me anything it's that you can't go wrong with mild racism and a pedo joke every now and then

Just make a up a stupidly horrid back-story for yourself composed of the most depressing stuff ever posted in mayberry.

No doubt, the first thing they asked me when I auditioned was "What kind of struggles have you gone through while pursuing your talent?"

I told them I was struggling with some pretty serious illnesses at the time (which was true) and I think that's pretty much the only reason I got a call back.

I auditioned 3 years ago. Me and a buddy went, we are both comedians.

We waited for about 7 hours, got to the interview process. Basically a 60 second interview with a random person who works for the show. They asked me my name, asked me if I had any kind of interesting back story, then asked for a small sample of my act. It was a little awkward since you are in this really loud room surrounded by other people auditioning and people waiting to audition, but I managed to get a couple of jokes out and made the guy laugh.

They called me back a few weeks later but I didn't have the means to get to Dallas for the second audition so I missed out on it unfortunately.

My advice is to come up with some kind of gimmick or sad back story. My buddy told them he was gay and had a falling out with his father because of it, neither is true. Plus of course if you have an agent and can get a private audition that is totally the way to go obviously.

I'd rather not be on tv than have the entire country think I was gay.

Good luck dude let us know how you do. I wish I had some sort of talent

Back