Americans Support Restriction on Abortions

Liberals don't want to ban guns you Fox News regurgitating mouth breather. We want to stop people who shouldn't have guns from getting them to kill people like you and me. We also are not for abortion, we just believe a woman's right to choose is the most important thing. I'm all for restrictions on abortion after a certain time.

I'm for a man's right to choose...whatever pistol, rifle or sub gun he feels most comfortable with. Full or semi-auto. No restrictions.

No need for abortions, we will handle the abortions.

I'm for a man's right to choose...whatever pistol, rifle or sub gun he feels most comfortable with. Full or semi-auto. No restrictions.

You don't need to have abortions, we will handle the abortions.

So am I. So at least we have that in common

Well, up until full auto... No civilian needs that, Should you have a tank as well? Maybe your own atom bomb?

The US seems to be the only western country were abortion is an issue. The issue is that you cant find a middle ground here.
When all other western countries have found a solution that satisfactory for both sites.

I mean you must be able to find an acceptable option between Jesus freak no abortion even if its a pregnancy caused by rape or the mother's life is in danger, or the people that say you should still be able to get an abortion when the contractions already started.

I don't necessarily disagree but at a certain point it's no longer just their body as they like to say.
I also understand why many on the left won't give an inch on abortion because so many people on the right will take on a mile. It's basically their version of gun control.
Yep, both are driven by slippery slope concerns. I think the slippery slope concerns are much more valid on the left though.

The US seems to be the only western country were abortion is an issue. The issue is that you cant find a middle ground here.
As discussed in the exchange between Higher Power and I, it's ultimately because the pro-life crowd wants to see an outright ban. That's long been a platform point sought by republicans for whom Roe v. Wade is a "litmus test".

Also, in much of Europe (at least the parts we'd care to compare ourselves to), abortion is much more accessible and much more affordable. Here it is hard to find providers and they usually work very restrictive hours outside of some few locales.

Yep, both are driven by slippery slope concerns. I think the slippery slope concerns are much more valid on the left though.
It's just as valid on the right when Democrats won't distance themselves from people like Diane Feinstein who's the 3rd or 4th most senior Dem in Congress.

Not in the sense that there's far more opportunity to chip away at the right to self-defense.

It's just as valid on the right when Democrats won't distance themselves from people like Diane Feinstein who's the 3rd or 4th most senior Dem in Congress.
Except consider that it wasn't so long ago abortion was illegal and that the GOP as a party supports banning. While the democrats as a party might support some vague "gun control", they don't have the votes in their own party to do anything. The GOP does and is very active stacking courts and passing local laws.

Not in the sense that there's far more opportunity to chip away at the right to self-defense.
Is there? Perhaps you're simply unaware of the massive attempts at pushing through abortion restrictions.

Except consider that it wasn't so long ago abortion was illegal and that the GOP as a party supports banning. While the democrats as a party might support some vague "gun control", they don't have the votes in their own party to do anything. The GOP does and is very active stacking courts and passing local laws.
Then Dems need to start distancing themselves from people like Feinstein.
The Reps can't do shit thanks to Roe v Wade.

Is there?

Absolutely. There's only so many varieties of abortions and fetal development is predictable. With firearms you've got multitudes of variety, concerns over who can operate them and where. Haggling over ammunition capabilities and allowable capacity. How many legal iterations (for lack of a better term) can abortion really produce in comparison?

Absolutely. There's only so many varieties of abortions and fetal development is predictable. With firearms you've got multitudes of variety, concerns over who can operate them and where. Haggling over ammunition capabilities and allowable capacity. How many legal iterations (for lack of a better term) can abortion really produce in comparison?
So, like I said, you don't actually pay attention to how conservatives have been underminning and directly attempting to end Roe v. Wade.

Then Dems need to start distancing themselves from people like Feinstein.
The Reps can't do shit thanks to Roe v Wade.
Roe v Wade is a lot weaker than gun rights given that gun rights are now incorporated and other recent rulings. The dems will face a continuing conflict between democrats from rural areas versus urban areas, there are on average very different views about guns.

You forgot to post some substance.
I didn't forget, I didn't bother. There have been sustained efforts for decades. There have been major laws passed at the state level recently. The incremental approach you ignorantly suggested wasn't there for abortion is clearly apparent in the plethora of laws that have been passed by states, some of which have been upheld and others of which haven't. The incremental approach you ignorantly suggested wasn't there is apparent in the winnowing down of locations--both via murder and via legal attacks--over the years.

Basically you did the equivalent of walking into the gun rights thread and writing "there are no laws regulating gun ownership". A simple, "you're wrong" largely suffices as a response.

I didn't forget, I didn't bother. There have been sustained efforts for decades. There have been major laws passed at the state level recently. The incremental approach you ignorantly suggested wasn't there for abortion..

Is that what I said? If you're gonna be a dick (poor form on a Friday by the way) you could at least not misrepresent me.

Is that what I said? If you're gonna be a dick (poor form on a Friday by the way) you could at least not misrepresent me.
That is what you implied with post 32 on the heels of 28. Your post clearly implied that the incremental approach to restricting gun access (magazine capacity, ammunition, paint color, etc.) didn't apply because "(t)here's only so many varieties of abortions and fetal development is predictable." If that wasn't your intended implication then I'd say your posts were poorly written because I really can't see any other interpretation of the whole thing.

Anyway, be back in a week.

That is what you implied with post 32 on the heels of 28. Your post clearly implied that the incremental approach to restricting gun access (magazine capacity, ammunition, paint color, etc.) didn't apply because "(t)here's only so many varieties of abortions and fetal development is predictable." If that wasn't your intended implication then I'd say your posts were poorly written because I really can't see any other interpretation of the whole thing.

Anyway, be back in a week.

You seem to be confusing implied with inferred, due to your mental block. I was touching on the greater variety of ways in which laws can be used to inconvenience firearms owners than abortion seekers.

We'll all be awaiting with bated breath.

Back