Americans may not receive stimulus financial aid until end of September. Unless deal made by Friday

Oceanmachine

Tidwell belt
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cn...you-here-are-some-possible-irs-payment-dates/

When could the second stimulus checks go out?

Below is a timeline of the past and likely projections on the future and time it takes to send checks. Etc

Original CARES Act

Date passed by Senate March 25th
Date passed by House March 26th
Date signed March 27th
First checks sent April 15th

HEALS Act

Proposal date July 27th
Negotiations begin July 27th
Negotiation time before deadline 7 to 9 days
Deadline to pass a bill = August 7th

If Senate passes August 6th
If House passes August 7th
If President signs August 10th
First checks could be sent = week of August 24th

If NO AGREEMENT before the recess on the 8th of August. Then new session begins September 8th.

If all went well in September. Aid money could be expected END of September

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cn...you-here-are-some-possible-irs-payment-dates/

When could the second stimulus checks go out?

Below is a timeline of the past and likely projections on the future and time it takes to send checks. Etc

Original CARES Act

Date passed by Senate March 25th
Date passed by House March 26th
Date signed March 27th
First checks sent April 15th

HEALS Act

Proposal date July 27th
Negotiations begin July 27th
Negotiation time before deadline 7 to 9 days
Deadline to pass a bill = August 7th

If Senate passes August 6th
If House passes August 7th
If President signs August 10th
First checks could be sent = week of August 24th

If NO AGREEMENT before the recess on the 8th of August. Then new session begins September 8th.

If all went well in September. Aid money could be expected END of September

I, for one, am looking forward to the first real life Purge.

Some thoughts:

1). People are gonna freak out at the size of the debt next year and the year after when they realize how low the shutdown made tax revenues. IMO everyone's going to have to be taxed like 30% more for a few years to make up for this.

2) We had a 32% contraction in GDP? China's nominal GDP could reach near parity with us for the first time ever this year if we stay shut down.

If this “aid” Money is life or death for you and your family, getting another government check isn’t magically going to save you .

Yup, if this is the basket you are putting all your eggs in, you are already done for.

Way too many Americans make the government their number one plan to achieve something in life like people put their faith in the lottery as their plan for getting rich.

Amazes me how many Americans refuse to rely on themselves.

So many Americans are just pathetic, hopeless people.

Yup, if this is the basket you are putting all your eggs in, you are already done for.

Way too many Americans make the government their number one plan to achieve something in life like people put their faith in the lottery as their plan for getting rich.

Lots of people live paycheck to paycheck and always have. That's why IMO a sustained shutdown was so crazy. These doctors and policy makers are living in ivory towers.

Some thoughts:

1). People are gonna freak out at the size of the debt next year and the year after when they realize how low the shutdown made tax revenues. IMO everyone's going to have to be taxed like 30% more for a few years to make up for this.

2) We had a 32% contraction in GDP? China's nominal GDP could reach near parity with us for the first time ever this year if we stay shut down.
Those who can afford to live as vagabonds should take their credentials overseas if they want to avoid this. Spend 330 days or more OCONUS and your income is exempt from taxation. I know this is not an option for many of us but its a great option for those who want to make more money and protest the government's insane spending at the same time.

Some thoughts:

I'm guessing you could properly tax the rich somehow.

Apparently, the EU's GDP is $18.4 trillion. With that 32% contraction, the US might slip to the #2 economy in the world, after the EU, this year. The EU it seems is going to overtake us as the top dog.

I'm guessing you could properly tax the rich somehow.
You're looking at increased spending like these stimulus checks and the beefed up unemployment on top of like a 32% GDP contraction this quarter that's going to cause huge tax revenue shortfalls for the next 2 years. There's no such thing as a free lunch. I think the numbers are too big for just the rich to make up the shortfall. Everyone's gonna have to make significant reductions in their lifestyles and other sacrifices for at least the next 5 years to pay for this.

I've been really disappointed to find out how many people I know took the CERB money here in Canada ad laughed and bragged on social media about sitting home watching Netflix.

When did people get so soft?

I've been really disappointed to find out how many people I know took the CERB money here in Canada ad laughed and bragged on social media about sitting home watching Netflix.

When did people get so soft?
There's no such thing as a free lunch. All those people are just gonna "blame the rich" when the bill comes in for all this. It's so predictable, and sad.

America is operating without a safety net reopening with some of the highest deaths per capita in the world, no surprise if the citizens are equally reckless.

Hell look at the president, how many chapter 11s he got.

Those who can afford to live as vagabonds should take their credentials overseas if they want to avoid this. Spend 330 days or more OCONUS and your income is exempt from taxation. I know this is not an option for many of us but its a great option for those who want to make more money and protest the government's insane spending at the same time.

You sure?

My mate has American citizenship but hasn't touched American soil in years and he is being hassled by the irs.

You're looking at increased spending like these stimulus checks and the beefed up unemployment on top of like a 32% GDP contraction this quarter that's going to cause huge tax revenue shortfalls for the next 2 years. There's no such thing as a free lunch. I think the numbers are too big for just the rich to make up the shortfall. Everyone's gonna have to make significant reductions in their lifestyles and other sacrifices for at least the next 5 years to pay for this.
Everyone except the filthy rich of course.

The rich recieved trillions in bailouts as well. No one should be blaming anyone but those who went along with shutdowns to begin with.

Id blame those down playing how deadly the virus was with particular attention to those who collected cheques and then went about acting as if everything is normal.

In America, the top 10% contribute about 70% of the total tax revenue.

And earn what %age of income?????

And really top 10% isn't an issue, I'm top 10% its not that hard

The issue is the trillions going to the top 0.1% and them paying a lower tax rate then me even without dodgy tax accounting.

Back