Americana-keylock-ude garami lovers?

Americanas and straight arm locks from top half are two of my highest percentage submissions. People love to hate on Americanas for some reason but it's just as good a submission as any.

I know a guy (he's huge to be fair) that combined Ezekiel and americana together from top half and it was torture. He just keeps going from one to the other as you defend them while getting more and more tired from carrying his weight

I think two reasons.

It's a noob move. As basic and flair-less as it gets. So it's cool for upper belts to look down on such an inferior move.

And, I guess it's a fat guy move and people hate tapping to the fat guy. Lol.

To be honest, I don't think it's upper belts that look down on it. I think it's white and blue belts that would rather try to learn flying triangles before really understanding the basics. Like all moves it has set ups and counters - when done right it's also extremely effective both from guard and top position.

Also I agree with one of the above posters... The motorcycle grip is a game changer for both the Americana and the straight arm lock

I get it a lot....from top and bottom. Still prefer the Double Wristlock to the top....but I'll take what i can get.

Grabbing the hand and turning it was a big deal for me. Even if i cant finish it i can control them. Normally go to the single hand control and neck crank if that doesn't work

I get it a lot....from top and bottom. Still prefer the Double Wristlock to the top....but I'll take what i can get.

Grabbing the hand and turning it was a big deal for me. Even if i cant finish it i can control them. Normally go to the single hand control and neck crank if that doesn't work

Have you tried using your head to pin the wrist to the ground? It makes it a lot easier to grab with your hand...

Back