American woman complains about dating in japan

8d897b21fd845c5b99e2bdcc6a611f11

"I was at best ‘cute’ and at worst, average."

Sorry to break it to you lady but you're pretty damn average. I could see why a bunch of Japanese dudes wouldn't want anything to do with some average mid-30s looking white woman. Based on what she wrote I expected at least an 7-8.

I think she’s overthinking all of this. She’s just ugly.

um. Maybe the problem is she’s just not as attractive as she thinks she is?
<{you!}>

Her bitterness towards western men (who aren't even her love rivals) maybe reveals more than she herself has accurately self-gauged concerning her romantic woes abroad, but the reason she assigns to Japanese men for not approaching her is even more telling.

If you're failing to attract interest from potential lovers, the absolute worst thing you can do-- regardless of your gender-- is to blame those you seek to attract for not behaving as you desire.

I'm no Don Juan, and people are nearly impossible to understand, but this is one of the few solid footings I ever found that served me well. The nights I forgot it, I suffered.

Her bitterness towards western men (who aren't even her love rivals) maybe reveals more than she herself has accurately self-gauged concerning her romantic woes abroad, but the reason she assigns to Japanese men for not approaching her is even more telling.

If you're failing to attract interest from potential lovers, the absolute worst thing you can do-- regardless of your gender-- is to blame those you seek to attract for not behaving as you desire.

I'm no Don Juan, and people are nearly impossible to understand, but this is one of the few solid footings I ever found that served me well. The nights I forgot it, I suffered.

<WellThere>

Japan is a very closed and xenophobic society, I lived there for 4 years. The western women had it tough. They are seen as too aggressive and rude by Japanese men. On the other hand western men loved the family oriented Japanese girls. It worked out for me well.

Can you imagine if a man wrote an article like this? He would be labelled a sexpat. Her characterisation of the (western) opposite sex says more about her than it does about them.

Just another jealous, bitter white girl in Asia. My ex-gf showed me some talk show in Korea that featured an all non-Korean panel of women, who spoke Korean, and it was about their experiences living in Korea. Somewhat interesting until they started ranting and raving like this broad did about "all the ugly white guys who can't get girls back home" yet are dating "beautiful" Korean women. The irony was oh so rich and thick because there wasn't a chance in hell those bitches would be on TV in their respective countries. Fuck outta here with that arrogant, whiny bullshit.

The world doesn't revolve around you and maybe, just maybe those Japanese dudes were busy and didn't want to waste time on a woman who was only there for a year.

I believe the show you're referring is called "The Little Mermaid." I saw a Mexican woman speak Korean with a rural, hillbilly accent, which tripped me out because that's the same accent that my dad speaks.

Based on Japan's declining birthrates and this dakimakura nonsense it seems as if Japanese men aren't down with dating anybody

LOL @ blaming an entire island and region of the world because no one wants to deal with you.

Unless you're a female pillow in Japan, you're going to have a hard time finding a man.

Based on Japan's declining birthrates and this dakimakura nonsense it seems as if Japanese men aren't down with dating anybody
The writer's self-entitled bitching aside, there is some truth to this I believe. I have a friend who's African American and she said she didn't get any attention from Japanese men when she lived there and expected the same thing when she moved to Korea, only to find that Korean men are much more aggressive (to her delight).

I've heard the same from Korean women who have travel to Japan and been to clubs there. Japanese men barely, if ever, approach women. If an asian guy in a Japanese club is hitting on a girl, it's likely a Korean. My limited observations in Japan lead me to believe the same.
thats too bad.
I personally don't get the American obsession with clean shaved pussy. Sure it's nicer to look at and it makes eating out easier, but I'm ambivalent to it.

Back