American sniper. Hero or Murder? Just a movie or propaganda?

Full Metal Jacket, Jarhead, Apocolypse Now, Good Morning Vietnam, Saving Private Ryan, etc. There's plenty to watch out there. Also good to stear clear of any war movies that Mark Walhberg stars in.

Oh
classical movies
I watched it all

Thanks captain obvious.

There are a lot of stories, though. What purposes is this movie serving?

Maybe Eastwood and Cooper thought Chris Kyle's story was worth telling?

And of course money. America loves a good war movie.

A hero to the soldiers whose lives he saved or atleast made their jobs safer.

A sociopath to the average citizen who got to hear about how he enjoyed taking lives.

I think that's an accurate assessment

Corrected that for you.
While I couldn't give a flying F about Iraqis and Arabs in general, being a pawn and a tool of corporation hardly makes you a hero. Those "servicemen" had little business being in that region.

Just read he was killed at a shooting range with his bud. Quite ironic, but hardly surprising since he sounded like an overly confident prick.
LOL, in the above post, this guy changed a quote to say that anyone who would call Kyle a hero is a "dimwit", then in his second post, you can clearly see that he just Googled him, and had no fucking clue who Chris Kyle was.

Confirmation bias exposed. Is it fun when you tool yourself, Surfer?

Maybe Eastwood and Cooper thought Chris Kyle's story was worth telling?

And of course money. America loves a good war movie.

America loves not only movie you know. Firstly you have to send thousands young Americans to BFE and after that guys in Hollywood can compose a picture play for a war movie.
Kurtz: 'We must kill them. We must incinerate them. Pig after pig. Cow after cow. Village after village. Army after army.'

I don't think the right question is whether or not he was a hero. The right question is why a movie about his life was made. For what purpose?

Are you serious? It was made to make money. Murica loves guns, war, violence, war movies, and anyone in the army and this is a combination of all of that.

A modern lethal mercenary. H

Hero? I don't think so. Movie Propaganda? Yes.

"Live by the sword, die by the sword." - Ron Paul

Remember when all the Fox news heads got all butt hurt about that comment? One of the most taboo things to say in society is that our soldiers aren't, and never were, protecting our freedom. Just goes to show how deep the rabbit hole goes when it comes to blind patriotism.

I'd be interested in seeing a flick about this dude.

Simo_hayha.jpg

This fogo was fighting for the nazis, essentially. A Finnish Nazi- too bad more of his face didn't get blown off.

Dude was a prick. Kills hundreds of people in a bullshit war and for some reason people (and himself) consider that heroic? Get that fascist shit out of here.

The notion that someone's a hero just because they served is laughable.

so, none of you would enjoy capping some ISIS ass? pretty sure I would

If Chris Kyle is alive, and goes over there now, to handle the ISIS, then I can forgive him for the "embellishments" he has made.

Is there currently any former US soldiers that have volunteered to go over the Iraq and do something about ISIS whether by joining Peshmerga or Shiites in southern Iraq?

Dude was a prick. Kills hundreds of people in a bullshit war and for some reason people (and himself) consider that heroic? Get that fascist shit out of here.

yeah, i'm sure he (and along with other servicemen) singlehandedly started that war, not the redneck from texas who got voted into the office by the americans

The part where he said it was fun to kill them was disturbing.

Back