American SAS equivalent?

squeezewax

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I know that America has various special forces, so i was wondering which one[if any] is the closest to the SAS?

Delta Team. I read that their trainers were trained themselves by the SAS on the 1970s and this know how laid the foundation for the Seal Team 6 and the FBI's Hostage Rescue Team.

Delta Team. I read that their trainers were trained themselves by the SAS on the 1970s and this know how laid the foundation for the Seal Team 6 and the FBI's Hostage Rescue Team.

This.

sas-who-dares-wins.jpg

"Who dares, wins."

That's pretty cool.

I know that America has various special forces, so i was wondering which one[if any] is the closest to the SAS?

Not that the SAS really measure up, but it's common knowledge the Army Dolphins sit atop the worldwide special operations totem pole.

They're also the most secret of all the Special Forces, so keep it quiet!

Not that the SAS really measure up, but it's common knowledge the Army Dolphins sit atop the worldwide special operations totem pole.

And there I was thinking it was those genetically engineered cats with opposable thumbs.

Have you seen the movie, Jack Reacher, with Tom Cruise?

He plays a Military Police commissioned officer. Those guys are real bad asses.

All US SOCOM and JSOC units train or have specialized units that focus in CQB, Reconnaissance, etc.... hard to say. One thing is for sure, CQB specialized units still carry the structure and organization that is SAS influenced.

Probably Delta, since they were modeled after the SAS and all.
Technically though the only special forces in the US are Green Berets. Everyone else (PJs, Rangers, Recon, SeALs, etc) are special operations.

SG1 obviously.

(Richard Dean Anderson lineup not the Ben Browder years)

Have you seen the movie, Jack Reacher, with Tom Cruise?

He plays a Military Police commissioned officer. Those guys are real bad asses.
Very fun movie.

Oh please everyone with any experience knows the genetically engineered Royal Corgi Regiment is the worlds most elite force. Protecting the Queen for decades.

with+Susan+1952.jpg

Delta force are our real elites. The Navy SEALs are our hollywood or media publicity elites, more like purposeful distractions whenever certain operations require public attention. Delta force on the other hand, is the pool that various Tier 1 agencies recruit exclusively from...and if they're ever caught on camera, the media would be destroyed or their faces would be blurred or blacked out in images.

Back