Social American legion says stop flying flags upside down

The American Legion is the left? Or is it anyone that disagrees with you about anything is the left because you are incapable of seeing the world beyond partisanship?

I’m more so referring to the left wing posters here who have a sudden interest in properly patriotic flag displays.

I doubt D-1 Rassler thought it was newsworthy that veterans disagree with the more blatant disrespect done by sports athletes and left wing protestors before our flag and our anthem.

The upside down flag doesn’t signal disrespect.

Don’t destroy public property.
Lol, it's fun watching you guys pretend to have standards when you think it will only ever apply to your "team", then throw your imaginary standards right in the trash as soon as you think it applies to anybody else.

Burning a flag and wiping your ass with it is the most important fundamental right, freedom of expression, bro, then suddenly "whoa whoa, flying a flag in the distress position is too disrespectful to veterans".

Burning down cities, tearing down statues, looting and rioting is "the voice of the unheard, bro", then kids riding their bikes over a sidewalk with a sodomy flag, and suddenly it's "whoa, bro, you can't just destroy public property by riding your bike on a public sidewalk after we've already painted a sodomy mural".

iu
EkGcz3jU8AImc-s

The fucking irony in this is just too much.

No one should be destroying others people's property. Right?

Lol, it's fun watching you guys pretend to have standards when you think it will only ever apply to your "team", then throw your imaginary standards right in the trash as soon as you think it applies to anybody else.

Burning a flag and wiping your ass with it is the most important fundamental right, freedom of expression, bro, then suddenly "whoa whoa, flying a flag in the distress position is too disrespectful to veterans".

Burning down cities, tearing down statues, looting and rioting is "the voice of the unheard, bro", then kids riding their bikes over a sidewalk with a sodomy flag, and suddenly it's "whoa, bro, you can't just destroy public property by riding your bike on a public sidewalk after we've already painted a sodomy mural".

iu
EkGcz3jU8AImc-s

If you make the flag a large part of your identity, don't be surprised when you get called out when you disrespect it.

No one should be destroying others people's property. Right?

If you make the flag a large part of your identity, don't be surprised when you get called out when you disrespect it.
If you make burning flags and tearing down statues the entirety of your identity, don't be surprised when everyone laughs at your hypocritical sanctimony as you pretend to be offended by a flag flying upside down.

If you make burning flags and tearing down statues the entirety of your identity, don't be surprised when everyone laughs at your hypocritical sanctimony as you pretend to be offended by a flag flying upside down.

Lol, god damn.
The left isn't running around acting offended, they're pointing out the hypocrisy. It's the right that runs around and acts all offended, because they've made it part of their identity, when people disrespect the flag.

Now the left is all about the US flag?

The country is in distress. There is an invasion at the southern border and the President just shit his pants on TV

Correct. No issues with burning, pissing on or wiping your ass with it—but when a bunch of righties fly it upside down all of sudden it’s “oh the harrrah!”

Lol, god damn.
The left isn't running around acting offended, they're pointing out the hypocrisy. It's the right that runs around and acts all offended, because they've made it part of their identity, when people disrespect the flag.
The "right" have made it part of their identity to not disrespect the gay pride flag? Lol, where do you people come up with this shit?

<JagsKiddingMe>

No one burns the flag you moron.
Burning the US flag in the USA used to be unlawful. It was decriminalised but the Right keep trying to ban it again.

After the decision in Eichman, Congress once again considered a proposed constitutional amendment to protect the American flag. In every Congress between 1995 and 2005, the House of Representatives, when controlled by Republicans, has proposed such an amendment by the necessary two-thirds majority, but each time the amendment has fallen short in the Senate, which is less sympathetic to amendments in general.

The most recent proposal was in 2006; the amendment passed the House by a vote of 286-130, but failed by one vote, 66-34, in the Senate.

E_YHg8.gif

Recently in NYC the pro Palestinian protesters burned a flag/flags and city councilman was ther for one in chicago

Correct. No issues with burning, pissing on or wiping your ass with it—but when a bunch of righties fly it upside down all of sudden it’s “oh the harrrah!”
If it is some form of disrespect they are calling hypocrisy. If it IS just a signal of distress then it likely isn't but I think that is the fuss

Flying the flag upside down is a signal of distress. The ones doing so think the country is in distress because it's not going the way they want.

Everyone today has become a crybaby and needs something to complain about while pointing to the other guy saying it's their fault.

I realize I may stand alone in this controversial opinion, but... I fervidly believe in peaceful expression. Whether it's kneeling during the anthem or flying the flag upside down. While the reaction of others may not be peaceful, if the initial action expression is peaceful I support that. You can't say you fought to defend that freedom and then get mad at the way people use it. And I say that as a 20-year veteran in the military.

Agreed..these cretins can fly the flag from their asshole for all I care

It is actually the proper way to dispose of an old flag. You fold it, place it into an already ripping fire, do the pledge, and a moment of silence.

Back