American Idol

jeffk

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Yes, I watched it.

The ratings are going to really decline this season. Not really a bold prediction there.

The judges all suck and the producers think the viewer cares what they have say to each other.

There are too many of these shows now (The Voice, X Factor, Americas Got Talent) and they all seem to pick the same old stale songs. Please ban Whitney Houston songs, the I Can Fly song, Summertime song and a few others. We have all seen them too much.

The only thing that could save a show like this is to have song writers with the singers and they create new songs each week. Or they have them sing different songs than we have heard 1000 times before.

Nikki has to go. Her voice is freakin annoying. :mad:

I watched a few minutes last night, and the judges seemed really unhappy to be there. Maybe Mariah will get bitchy with Clownface one day and we'll get a good catfight out of it.

Amazing how many of these seasons there are yet they've only churned out a few good singers.

They need to change the fucking format

I dont see why you cant get actual undiscovered bands and singer/songwriters to come on the show and preform their OWN stuff. that would actually be a good show. If the format was like that, they could open it up to rappers too.

Its pretty crazy that someone can get a multi million dollar record deal only singing one minute of a michael jackson or a john lennon song.

They need to change the fucking format

I dont see why you cant get actual undiscovered bands and singer/songwriters to come on the show and preform their OWN stuff. that would actually be a good show. If the format was like that, they could open it up to rappers too.

Its pretty crazy that someone can get a multi million dollar record deal only singing one minute of a michael jackson or a john lennon song.

I agree. The Voice tried to have the judges nurture the contestants and it has earned good ratings.

But AI should go one step beyond that. They should hire song writers for different weeks and have the contestants either choose the song writer or have it done randomly who collaborates with a song writer. They should have to create and sing a new song at least twice during the season. Maybe at the top 10 (or whatever number it after it is determined who goes on tour so someone doesn't get randomly screwed by a bad song writer). Then at top 5.

See if the singers can do something creative. Creativity isn't rewarded enough in these shows.

The past couple winners have been really dull. Phil Phillips sold a ton of records because the Olympics picked up his song. But the past winner - Lee something sold shite and was really dull. I cannot remember who won the season Adam Lambert was on.

Bands don't work well in these types of shows. A key part of the show is getting to know a person and watching them go on a journey from being on a farm and getting ticket to Hollywood to winning the show. With a band, the viewer doesn't get that feeling that they know the person and cannot feel the emotions of the performer and all that stuff.

what happened to the funny ass auditions?!?! i havent seen anything yet!

Sat through this with the wife last night. I'm going to admit, I have always found Nikki Minaj intolerable so I already had a low opinion of her before watching the show but last night the only thing she ever had to add was "Should we vote then?" in that annoying sqeeky voice. "Yes you should fucking vote, it's the reason you're there you dumb bitch"!

End of rant.

In general the train wreck auditions have gotten stale. They have lost their novelty.

Now they show 15 year olds with poor social skills who dreamed big who have sucky ass voices. It really isn't too fun to laugh at 15 year olds with a dream who don' t the talent to make that dream a reality. At least they are out there trying.

That one lady who sings for her Eastern European looking parents could be super duper hot with the right make up and outfit.

American Idol threads have a bad track record in these parts.

It's an enjoyable show to an extent. The voice probably has the best gimmick of any of those singing competitions but AI still can be solid. I always find the early stuff dull and stupid but when it gets into the final 12 it's pretty entertaining. I got into watching it with my family back in the early days of the show so I'll check it out from time to time but haven't seen anything more than a few minutes so far this season.

Even though I HATE nearly all pop music these days, I for some reason have had a soft spot for singing competition shows for a few years...I don't know why. Whether it's The Voice, X Factor, or Idol the production is over the top and absolutely cringe worthy most of the time and every episode is 98% sob story, 2% actual music. Its trash. Although honestly I did think the voice brought it this year...in the top 6 or 7 there were at least 4 people I thought were seriously REALLY good and unique. It's a shame a mediocre Avril wannabe won.

Anyway, I really don't think I can listen to these fucking judges this season. J-lo and Steven Tyler were AWFUL but this is a whole new level of bad.

Haven't seen it since my girlfriend watched season 1.

Just downloaded the first one, not watched it in a few seasons. I don't really see a place for it anymore what with X Factor and The Voice.

I met Randy a few years ago in a hotel in London and he came across as a lovely and genuine man, but he doesn't have the gumption needed to head it up.

The Voice is the superior show imo.

I do like Idol though, I like to hear new singers on big stages like that - and last year's American Idol had some really fucking great singers.

I think Justin Beiber created the Blueprint on how to become a famous singer without auditioning with the power of youtube.
An MMA translation of this is like saying: Why make the effort to get into the TUF house when you can fight in the UFC?

youtube is the shortcut to fame

Back